McKenna Cup 2024

Started by never kickt a ball, December 30, 2006, 02:22:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

McKeever's antics are really becoming a bit of a wrestling (WWE) sideshow, he'll not see many 50/50 decisions go his way this year with his nonsense and it'll ultimately effect the team's fortunes.

you take er!

Quote from: JoG2 on January 05, 2015, 03:13:46 PM
Anyone see that rag irish star's front page re McCarron's return to the Tyrone team? very low
Even as an Armagh man it was great to see Cathal McCarron back after the issues he has faced. I was glad to see he got a good reception from both sets of fans. Played well too.

Throw ball

The pictures do not tell the full story as they are stills. But if it helps people paint Armagh and McKeever as villains many will be happy. On first viewing on UTV news it looked like Sean Cavanagh and the Armagh keeper deserved the harsher punishments.

Throw ball

Quote from: tonto1888 on January 05, 2015, 04:59:41 PM
Didn't see the game. What sparked the row?
Were all 4 red cards deserved?
Not starting a conspiracy theory here but after all the bad press Armagh got last year does anyone think referees will be gunning for Armagh this year? ( the answer to the first question may negate this one I know)

Personally thought the first 2 reds were given to the wrong players. Moriarity red was for two yellows. Mistimed tackles that on other occasions he might get away with but he cannot really complain. Findon was 2 yellows as well. Was walking a tightrope from early on. Not shrewd enough to cope with big Sean. Hopefully lesson learnt.

On a separate note Tyrone had more players booked than Armagh but managed to avoid double yellows. Does that mean they have more dirty players? ;)

rrhf

Quote from: you take er! on January 05, 2015, 05:44:21 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on January 05, 2015, 03:13:46 PM
Anyone see that rag irish star's front page re McCarron's return to the Tyrone team? very low
Even as an Armagh man it was great to see Cathal McCarron back after the issues he has faced. I was glad to see he got a good reception from both sets of fans. Played well too.
exactly fair play to the Armagh support.

orange

Quote from: Bo Man on January 04, 2015, 11:32:58 PM
Our county board must be growing balls, the county treasurer is having a go at Ciaran McKeever om twitter. Or is it just the Moy in him?

www.twitter.com/@MacEoghain

In tweets and replies

@cmckeever6 Ciaran, can you honestly answer why you deliberately target Sean Cav in every melee? Seeing as your such a lovely fella and all.
OMG is that the clown known as Cabbage?!? That poor whore wouldnt know what football was and is as gutless,  hasn't the balls to unprotect his tweets, hardly the behaviour that the position demands, I would hope that a discreet phone call is made to Mrs Jordan who was welcomed with open arms yesterday and insist that the muppet retracts it! What other county would have a county board member involved in that sort of crap!!
Could you imagine the outrage if someone tweeted something about Mcarron?!? Who was also very well treated yesterday by all sections of the armagh support (including me) ;D

BennyHarp

Quote from: orange on January 05, 2015, 08:29:41 PM
Our county board must be growing balls, the county treasurer is having a go at Ciaran McKeever om twitter. Or is it just the Moy in him?

In tweets and replies

@cmckeever6 Ciaran, can you honestly answer why you deliberately target Sean Cav in every melee? Seeing as your such a lovely fella and all.
OMG is that the clown known as Cabbage?!? That poor whore wouldnt know what football was and is as gutless,  hasn't the balls to unprotect his tweets, hardly the behaviour that the position demands, I would hope that a discreet phone call is made to Mrs Jordan who was welcomed with open arms yesterday and insist that the muppet retracts it! What other county would have a county board member involved in that sort of crap!!
Could you imagine the outrage if someone tweeted something about Mcarron?!? Who was also very well treated yesterday by all sections of the armagh support (including me) ;D

Have I missed something? What did he say in the tweet that was so offensive? What should he retract?
That was never a square ball!!

Armamike

In tweets and replies

Well she is an Armagh woman after all!
That's just, like your opinion man.

rrhf

In tweets and replies

that's poor personal and abusive on yer part.  Mr keever is man enough and so is the other man to have a spat if they want.  Isn't that the Craic with Twitter.   You have attacked a great gael there for having an opinion and addressing it personally.  What sort of nanny state do you want.

orange

Quote from: BennyHarp on January 05, 2015, 08:31:40 PM

www.twitter.com/@MacEoghain 6

In tweets and replies

Have I missed something? What did he say in the tweet that was so offensive? What should he retract?
Says it all! You honestly think its acceptable for a senior county board executive member to be making contact with an opposition player who received a red card earlier that day! As I said it wouldnt happen from any other county, and wouldn't be tolerated in any other county! Bit of craic blah blah, it crosses a line, full stop!

orange

Quote from: rrhf on January 05, 2015, 08:41:48 PM

In tweets and replies

that's poor personal and abusive on yer part.  Mr keever is man enough and so is the other man to have a spat if they want.  Isn't that the Craic with Twitter.   You have attacked a great gael there for having an opinion and addressing it personally.  What sort of nanny state do you want.
Youre missing the point! So you're happy that a member of your county board is contacting Mckeever!?! Its not just an ordinary Joe Soap, if it was then no big deal! That Moy clown is an embarrassment, or maybe hes now a hero!?!  ::)

Agent Orange

In tweets and replies

Same person?  http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?action=profile;u=93

BennyHarp

Quote from: orange on January 05, 2015, 08:45:33 PM

In tweets and replies

Says it all! You honestly think its acceptable for a senior county board executive member to be making contact with an opposition player who received a red card earlier that day! As I said it wouldnt happen from any other county, and wouldn't be tolerated in any other county! Bit of craic blah blah, it crosses a line, full stop!

But what did he say that was incorrect or offensive? I think you're over reacting a bit and in a very personal and aggressive way. But like I said earlier - you Armagh lads are very touchy. McGeeneys aggressive tactics are clearly rubbing off on the fans.
That was never a square ball!!

orange

Quote from: BennyHarp on January 05, 2015, 09:14:10 PM
Quote from: orange on January 05, 2015, 08:45:33 PM
Our county board must be growing balls, the county treasurer is having a go at Ciaran McKeever o8m twitter. Or is it just the Moy in him?

In tweets and replies

But what did he say that was incorrect or offensive? I think you're over reacting a bit and in a very personal and aggressive way. But like I said earlier - you Armagh lads are very touchy. McGeeneys aggressive tactics are clearly rubbing off on the fans.
Its the principle of a county board official "having a go" at a rivals captain! But thats obviously now acceptable in your eyes! Pityful! As for personal, I have told this chap in the past in the Moy hes a clown, didn't realise he had climbed the ladder (or slipped in the gutter - depending on ur view)  8)
As for touchy, whos doing the crying about "you hit our Sean" Lol

Throw ball

Although I might not use Orange's tone I do feel a county board official should know better than to make such a comment on social media. At a time when club players have been banned for airing their views - in different counties - a board official should be more careful. As for the actual comments themselves. I do not think McKeever will lose much sleep.