McKenna Cup 2024

Started by never kickt a ball, December 30, 2006, 02:22:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Club Rossa

Cavanagh was clearly targeted by Armagh today.Findon was sent into full back to do that and it backfired on them.
How often does he play at full back for Armagh anyway?

never kickt a ball

Brian McIver plays down Derry's McKenna Cup win over Donegal

Brian McIver says Derry's McKenna Cup win over an under-strength Donegal will have no bearing on the side's opening Football League tussle later this month.

Donegal were without nearly all their first-choice players as Derry earned a 1-16 to 0-8 win in the game at Owenbeg.

However, McIver was happy with the display of his younger players and also praised the performance of full-forward Emmett McGuckin who is being flown home from England for games.

McGuckin is currently undertaking a teacher training course at the University of Birmingham.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/gaelic-games/30675365?print=true

Throw ball

Quote from: Club Rossa on January 04, 2015, 09:54:59 PM
Cavanagh was clearly targeted by Armagh today.Findon was sent into full back to do that and it backfired on them.

To cut the conspiracy Findon was at full back because Donaghy was hurt and Vernon was on Honeymoon I believe. With 2 small corner backs a big man was needed. He played there in the national league last year.

never kickt a ball

Quote from: Throw ball on January 04, 2015, 10:09:33 PM
[/quote author=Club Rossa link=topic=919.msg1428844#msg1428844 date=1420408499]

To cut the conspiracy Findon was at full back because Donaghy was hurt and Vernon was on Honeymoon I believe. With 2 small corner backs a big man was needed. He played there in the national league last year.
[/quote]

Clear off Throw ball. There's no room for rational discussion on this thread  ;)

Wildweasel74

Derry at Owenbeg had a poor enough set up today was well, u queue at a kiosk for tickets, just 2 rows then away to the turnstiles, the game was 15mins in and the crowd were still trying to get tickets, very poorly organised, if u issuing tickets from a kiosk you need one long enough for 6 columns of people not 2, I say there some unhappy Donegal people having to travel that distance they miss half of the first half. On the game itself, it was Donegal 2nd team and Mark McHugh against Derry 2nd team plus 4 regulars, Donegal still be favourites in a months time i would think

rrhf

We should card count Armagh this year.   Could be a record year for them.

ONeill

Antrim v Armagh at Creggan next week. My young lad is big into WWE and MMA and this'll be dynamite for him.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

rrhf

I must admit I enjoyed the wee bit of old school rough that Armagh bring to the table.  Makes for great panto particularly in Jan.

Bo Man

Our county board must be growing balls, the county treasurer is having a go at Ciaran McKeever om twitter. Or is it just the Moy in him?

www.twitter.com/@MacEoghain

In tweets and replies

@cmckeever6 Ciaran, can you honestly answer why you deliberately target Sean Cav in every melee? Seeing as your such a lovely fella and all.

JoG2

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on January 04, 2015, 10:15:54 PM
Derry at Owenbeg had a poor enough set up today was well, u queue at a kiosk for tickets, just 2 rows then away to the turnstiles, the game was 15mins in and the crowd were still trying to get tickets, very poorly organised, if u issuing tickets from a kiosk you need one long enough for 6 columns of people not 2, I say there some unhappy Donegal people having to travel that distance they miss half of the first half. On the game itself, it was Donegal 2nd team and Mark McHugh against Derry 2nd team plus 4 regulars, Donegal still be favourites in a months time i would think

A load of that congestion was down to folk not arriving at a decent time, mostly our own. We arrived at 1.30. Queued for about a minute then straight in. If yer gonna show up a few minutes before throw in, well......

BennyCake

Quote from: JoG2 on January 04, 2015, 11:48:37 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on January 04, 2015, 10:15:54 PM

A load of that congestion was down to folk not arriving at a decent time, mostly our own. We arrived at 1.30. Queued for about a minute then straight in. If yer gonna show up a few minutes before throw in, well......

Aye, they're as bad as the Dubs.

Lock the door if they're not in on time, I say.

Wildweasel74

Oh i was well in on time, expected a fair crowd from Donegal, no matter the set up should be better than numbers giving out tickets, at Omagh the tickets are more easily dispensed

rrhf

More at Tyrone v Armagh than at entire irish league programme.

armaghniac

Quote from: rrhf on January 05, 2015, 12:59:11 AM

I'll bet you £100 the Irish League had more ticket sellers though.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

NaomhBridAbú

Quote from: armaghniac on January 05, 2015, 01:01:39 AM
Quote from: rrhf on January 05, 2015, 12:59:11 AM

I'll bet you £100 the Irish League had more ticket sellers though.
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. but he still only has one eye