McKenna Cup 2024

Started by never kickt a ball, December 30, 2006, 02:22:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throw ball

Quote from: Itchy on January 03, 2015, 05:29:35 PM
Quote from: Kidder81 on January 03, 2015, 05:28:06 PM
Quote from: ballela-angel on January 03, 2015, 05:11:22 PM
Are any of McKenna games being streamed, either audio or video?

They are bloody friendlies !

Armagh TV streamed a good few last year so it is a valid question

Armagh TV has audio streaming of Armagh v Tyrone tomorrow.

ONeill

Armagh a great price at 6-4. Double up with Hull City.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

orange

Quote from: BennyHarp on January 03, 2015, 05:20:12 PM
Quote from: orange link=topic=919.msg1428513#msg1428513 date6=1420297673
Quote from: rrhf on January 03, 2015, 08:44:31 AM
Quote from: EastTyrone on January 03, 2015, 03:35:44 AM
Quote from: Throw ball on January 03, 2015, 02:49:23 AM
Armagh team for Sunday

Geoghan
McConville Donaghy Murray
Shields Finn McKeever
Findon Campbell
Forker McKenna McVerry
MacOimhair Rafferty McParland

Think only Mark McConville and Micheal McKenna making debuts.

Which Forker is that starting?
Armagh taking this very seriously.
Lol, u getting the cry in early?  Cant see any of that forward line being there come May, and Campbell wont be doing midfield either, not many of that back line will feature either. Very experimental team but hope few new boys get experience of playing against the masters of the Mckenna Cup! Doubt it will be very entertaining,  packed defences and a crap referee, but at least Jamies not playing for mcquillan to book! Tyrone to retain the prestigious competition for the 45th time ir watever!  :P

Obviously as you know everything - you'll know that Noel Mooney is reffing the game and not Joe McQuillan.
Correct (as of this evening) well he cudnt be any worse than Joe, so fingers crossed! Mickey interviewed this evening, he really paints himself as the saviour of the mckenna cup! Always great at pushing his own agenda!

rrhf

I think we got to see a new level of mental and physical toughness in Armagh football last summer. Mc geeneys morale will have taken an almighty battering since then. First Grimley walked, obviously had enough of the whole set up. Then disillusioned  key servants and unbelieving young talents retiring. Rumours of scandalous training hours making important national press amid fears of moles in the camp and to add insult to injury previous proud captain ciaran Mc keeper refusing to wear any Armagh colours at the launch of the Mc Kenna cup. I like mc geeney and just hope he can hold this rabble together. Expect a candid clear the air interview with paddy heaney before the mc Kenna cup is over.

orange

Quote from: rrhf on January 03, 2015, 08:28:23 PM
I think we got to see a new level of mental and physical toughness in Armagh football last summer. Mc geeneys morale will have taken an almighty battering since then. First Grimley walked, obviously had enough of the whole set up. Then disillusioned  key servants and unbelieving young talents retiring. Rumours of scandalous training hours making important national press amid fears of moles in the camp and to add insult to injury previous proud captain ciaran Mc keeper refusing to wear any Armagh colours at the launch of the Mc Kenna cup. I like mc geeney and just hope he can hold this rabble together. Expect a candid clear the air interview with paddy heaney before the mc Kenna cup is over.
Mcgeeney will be delighted to know you've got his back! Although I think Mickey may be more in need of your shoulder, after sacking Tony and Fergal, then penrose, gormley and SON jumping like rats from the ship, and even the sponsors didn't want to have anything to do with him! Pity Tyrone dont have strong minded men running their affairs and they may realise his time is up and get fresh managment in, sorry even a strong woman!!!!

Anyway hoping for a competitive game tomorrow, anything less than a 15pt defeat will be progress from last year! 8)

yellowcard

Quote from: rrhf on January 03, 2015, 08:28:23 PM

Don't even know where to start. McGeeneys morale battered, do me a favour. Grimley was minding the seat for McGeeney, common knowledge. Who are the unbelievable young talents that retired, news to me?? McKeever not wearing colours to a McKenna cup launch, who gives a shit. As for Heaney its a while since Armagh give him the time of day and knowing McGeeneys reluctance to embrace the media this won't change anytime soon. I just hope Tyrone can win their 12th McKenna cup in a row to save Hartes job for another year, fast becoming the Arsene Wenger of Gaelic football.

ONeill

never kickt a ball

Monaghan hold off Jordanstown in Dr McKenna Cup opener

Monaghan survived a late comeback from Ulster University Jordanstown to record a 0-20 to 2-10 victory in their opening round Dr McKenna Cup tie on Saturday.
Malachy O'Rourke's team looked to be coasting when they led by 0-17 to 0-8 with 10 minutes left in Castleblayney.
But two goals in three minutes from Derry forward Caolan O'Boyle helped the students cut the deficit to two points.
However Daniel McKenna and newcomer Brendan McElroy eased the home side's nerves with late points.
Monaghan's full-forward line of Daniel McKenna, Brendan McElroy and Christopher McKenna hit 15 points between them while Tyrone's Ronan O'Neill and Liam Gervin were among the scorers for the students.
Monaghan led by 0-9 to 0-5 at half time with Thomas Kerr and Fintan Kelly registering points for the 2013 Ulster champions.
They stretched their lead further and the game looked to be over when two Daniel McKenna frees put them 0-17 to 0-8 ahead.
Caolan O'Boyle scored what looked a consolation goal for UU when he toe-poked home a rebound after Monaghan goalkeeper Enda Duffy saved the initial shot.
The Derry forward hit another goal two minutes later and Timmy Miskella added a point as UU scored 2-1 in a three minute spell, before a couple of late Monaghan points gave the home side the points.
Elsewhere in Section A, Down will host Cavan at Pairc Esler on Sunday.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/gaelic-games/30667204?print=true

orange

Quote from: ONeill on January 03, 2015, 10:37:30 PM
Tyrone winning so far.
And somewhere in a parallel universe theres an umpa lumpa being butt fcuked by a man in a tyrone jersey, oh shit going on track record that might be happening somewhere in the wilds of Trone!

BennyHarp

That was never a square ball!!

ONeill

Quote from: orange on January 03, 2015, 10:56:05 PM
Quote from: ONeill on January 03, 2015, 10:37:30 PM
Tyrone winning so far.
And somewhere in a parallel universe theres an umpa lumpa being butt fcuked by a man in a tyrone jersey, oh shit going on track record that might be happening somewhere in the wilds of Trone!

That's a quare potty mouth. Did you go to the Grammar?

orange

Touchy, no no no, theres only 1 crowd that takes mckenna cup serious and are feeling the pressure this year to deliver. We're just happy to be pitting ourselves against the champions! 8) 8)

Redhand Santa

It doesn't mean they'll win but you'll see today that Armagh will take this game as serious as Tyrone. They've trained hard this last few months so the players will be looking forward to a game. They've also got as many championship players involved as Tyrone. Add in the fact that they're in division 3 so some competitive games in McKenna cup might be useful for team preparation ahead of later in the year.

Seems that a few Armagh fans on here are still basking in getting further than Tyrone last year and how they're too big for games like this now. The chances are Armagh getting further last year was a one off and normal service will be resumed this year.

This will be a very different game to last year with Armagh much further on and mcgeeney out to lay down Armagh but would be hopeful Tyrone will restore their dominance and show last years qualifier was a one off.

orange

Basking in the glory of beating a team in the qualifiers, dont think so! And as stated by a number of posters Mickey sees the mckenna cup as an opportunity to win silverware the past few years instead of finding new players, Armagh like other counties are the opposite, so being too big for these games LOL (again showing the pressure you are under), I think that says alot about where Tyrone are now, and are heading!

I expect a Tyrone victory today, afterall we are a Div 3 team and rightly so, and expect Tyrone to "restore their dominance" in the Mckenna cup!!! There wont be a cow milked round Beragh for weeks!

Redhand Santa

It's always nice to win silverware, that's why you enter competitions and play football. When was the last time Armagh got any type of silverware? And mickeys focus on silverware as opposed to players like Armagh has meant Tyrone getting further in the championship than Armagh nearly every year since he began with maybe 2 exceptions in 11 years. Also 3 all Ireland's to armaghs 0, I'm happy enough with his focus on silverware.