McKenna Cup 2024

Started by never kickt a ball, December 30, 2006, 02:22:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Quote from: mylestheslasher on January 25, 2014, 09:27:42 PM

tell me do Tyrone fans still get locked and piss and puke all over the street before the games or do have they evolved a little since then? .

I put that into babelfish and still no luck. Wednesday night will be awkward.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: ONeill on January 25, 2014, 09:31:22 PM

tell me do Tyrone fans still get locked and piss and puke all over the street before the games or do have they evolved a little since then? .

I put that into babelfish and still no luck. Wednesday night will be awkward.

Unable to comprehend English, I guess the evolution has a little way to go. I'll bring my wellies. Please God, give O Neill his thumbs

Itchy

Whatever about the venue would it not make more sense to play the game tomorrow. Doubt either team is keen on playin Wednesday with league starting on Sunday.

everymanaman

Not till Wednesday 12th feb

Tony Baloney

Quote from: rodney trotter on January 25, 2014, 08:54:31 PM
Quote from: rrhf on January 25, 2014, 05:11:36 PM
Quote from: FermGael on January 25, 2014, 04:05:01 PM
Brewster park is unplayable.
Thats a joke.  The best field in Ulster is the Athletic grounds.  Should have been there in the first place.

Cavan doesn't border Armagh like Tyrone, so why should it have been there?
Since when do they have to border? It must be a similar distance from Cavan to Armagh as it is from Strabane to Armagh. Some crying.

rodney trotter

Yeah fair enough baloney , In this case it made sense to play the game in Enniskillen as fermanagh borders both counties. Obviously the rain as put a halt to that,  now on 12th due a request from Tyrone

Aaron Boone

Mickey probably spinning the tournament for his benefit. The Ulster Council have to take a grip and stand up to Harte.

tommysmith

No harm that it was called off a bad result for either team wouldn't be great heading into league next week.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 26, 2014, 12:36:57 AM
Quote from: rodney trotter on January 25, 2014, 08:54:31 PM
Quote from: rrhf on January 25, 2014, 05:11:36 PM
Quote from: FermGael on January 25, 2014, 04:05:01 PM
Brewster park is unplayable.
Thats a joke.  The best field in Ulster is the Athletic grounds.  Should have been there in the first place.

Cavan doesn't border Armagh like Tyrone, so why should it have been there?
Since when do they have to border? It must be a similar distance from Cavan to Armagh as it is from Strabane to Armagh. Some crying.

The point is Tony that someone earlier declared that the game should have been set for Armagh in the 1st place due to its amazing pitch surface. My reply was basically that Armagh was not equi-distant between both counties and that if Brewster wasn't available then Clones would have been the next most sensible venue. After that I'm sure they would have tossed for home advantage. Its not crying its just logic.

Redhand Santa

Given the time of year I think the athletic grounds would make more sense. It provides cover for the full crowd compared to ennisklillen where a lot of people would have to sit out in the rain. Wonder was it playable this weekend.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Redhand Santa on January 26, 2014, 10:31:22 AM
Given the time of year I think the athletic grounds would make more sense. It provides cover for the full crowd compared to ennisklillen where a lot of people would have to sit out in the rain. Wonder was it playable this weekend.

It has a bigger covered stand than Clones?

Throw ball

Quote from: mylestheslasher on January 26, 2014, 01:14:29 PM
Quote from: Redhand Santa on January 26, 2014, 10:31:22 AM

It has a bigger covered stand than Clones?

Athletic Grounds has over 5500 covered seats plus a partly covered terrace. The amount of rain there was in Armagh yesterday though I feel would have made it 50:50 if it would have been playable though.

Nally Stand

Quote from: ONeill on January 25, 2014, 09:24:11 PM
Quote from: hardstation on January 25, 2014, 09:08:50 PM
Alright lads, put the geometry sets away.
It's not as if it would take Cavan 3 days to get to Armagh ffs.

Donkeys. Them fcukers are still on asses.

We've been away from senior Ulster finals (inc McKenna cup) for a long time O Neill, tell me do Tyrone fans still get locked and piss and puke all over the street before the games or do have they evolved a little since then? Just wondering should I bring my wellies on Wednesday. Any information appreciated.

Why? Planning to wade through all the piss and vomit incase someone drops a cent/penny in it, is that it?! Bring gloves too then!
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Nally Stand

Quote from: Aaron Boone on January 26, 2014, 01:46:05 AM
Mickey probably spinning the tournament for his benefit. The Ulster Council have to take a grip and stand up to Harte.

"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Fuzzman

Is this game going ahead tonight?
Serious amount of rain down here in Dublin the last week