McKenna Cup 2024

Started by never kickt a ball, December 30, 2006, 02:22:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyHarp

Quote from: screenexile on January 23, 2014, 10:37:27 PM
f**k Mickey Harte why should he be dictating the terms of the competition. If the Ulster Council told him tough shit then he would have to lick his wounds and play the McKenna Cup without the Uni lads anyway because Tyrone "don't do challenge matches".

There should be an * beside any win they've had since 2007 (They won because they used all their college players!)

Oh no, an * beside the McKenna cup victories!! If that doesn't make Mickey toe the line, I don't know what will. Screenexile for Ulster Council Chairman - this is the sort of leadership we need!
That was never a square ball!!

nrico2006

Quote from: smort on January 24, 2014, 12:28:25 PM
Again, mcnulty doesn't seem to be on the squad. Does anyone know what the story is there? From what I have seen of him the past couple of seasons he has great potential at full forward for us.

Is McCurry injured?  Is Lafferty off the panel?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Stall the Bailer

What are these rules Mickey Harte/Tyrone has broke?

supersarsfields

Quote from: screenexile on January 23, 2014, 10:37:27 PM
f**k Mickey Harte why should he be dictating the terms of the competition. If the Ulster Council told him tough shit then he would have to lick his wounds and play the McKenna Cup without the Uni lads anyway because Tyrone "don't do challenge matches".

There should be an * beside any win they've had since 2007 (They won because they used all their college players!)

Derry might look back at McKenna cup victories but don't think anyone anyone in Tyrone would, so I don't think anyone would be worried by any *. It's a warm up competition to develop the squad. Nothing more. 

Fuzzman

We've got 3 wee stars at the back of our jersey Screen whereas ye only seem to have the wan.

sheamy

There should be a star beside two of them as well as youse were beat in two of those years and had to get the rules changed  :P
Technically, it's a draw  ;D

(love the same old nonsense year after year. Hard to bate!)

screenexile

Quote from: Fuzzman on January 24, 2014, 02:57:30 PM
We've got 3 wee stars at the back of our jersey Screen whereas ye only seem to have the wan.

We don't have any actually because it's primarily a soccer tradition!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_%28football_badge%29

A f**king star on the back of a jersey for your 3 All Ireland wins? Tis a good job Kerry or Dublin don't put stars on their jersey cos that's all that would be on them!!

Fuzzman

Like yellow cards as well?
You seem to be very agitated with Tyrone of late Screen.
Did some new Tyrone folk cross the border into Draperstown or something.

Don't worry ye will bate us on Sat week again and you'll be in a better place.

The Trap

Smort, to explain........
Tyrone's fixtures:
Derry away - going on last weeks game i would say Derry will fancy this
Mayo at home - if Tyrone dont win in Derry this will become a must win game and Tyrone will still be fielding a fairly inexperienced side - depends on how strong Mayo field
Kildare away - we can normally beat Kildare but is no gimme and they seem in good form under Jason Ryan
Kerry away - tough match as always
Westmeath at home - will win this one
Cork away - tough match - Cork can handle Tyrone
Dublin home - tough match and at the end of the league Dublin will be going strong and looking forward to the test.

When you look at the fixtures it shows how vital the first 2 games are. Two wins are crucial (especially in Derry) and i think Tyrone are going to find those games very difficult given that they are likely to be without the likes of Gormley, O'Neill, Penrose, The McMahons........and Mark Donnelly and the Cavanaghs will have played no football to date.

Redhand Santa

If these Cavan lads think they're going to turn up in Enniskillen tomorrow night and role over Tyrone like the U21 games then they're in for a shock!

Looking forward to seeing how McGuigan and Lavery go in the half forward line. Also McBride looked a good option in the middle versus Armagh so would be great if he could build on that. It would be a great boost for the squad to win this without having to pull back in the older guys.

rodney trotter

Quote from: Redhand Santa on January 24, 2014, 09:33:23 PM
If these Cavan lads think they're going to turn up in Enniskillen tomorrow night and role over Tyrone like the U21 games then they're in for a shock!

Looking forward to seeing how McGuigan and Lavery go in the half forward line. Also McBride looked a good option in the middle versus Armagh so would be great if he could build on that. It would be a great boost for the squad to win this without having to pull back in the older guys.

There was only a kick of a ball in both in 2011 and 2012 u21 finals, hardly rolling over Tyrone. No Cavan players or fans think that anyway, but would be confident of putting it up to ye

Redhand Santa

I wasn't being too serious. I'm pretty sure it'll be a tough and close game tomorrow night. That will benefit both teams ahead of the league. I think Tyrone's greater scoring power around the pitch and impact subs such as McCurry and McAliskey could make the difference. Cavan haven't been conceding too much in the games.

Man Marker

mentioning Mark Donnelly as a player who will makes a difference lol  ;D
we're fecked if that's the case

EC Unique

Quote from: Stall the Bailer on January 24, 2014, 01:43:14 PM
What are these rules Mickey Harte/Tyrone has broke?

I asked that a few pages ago.... Still waiting for an answer.

Mickey has Tyrone going well. After that I just don't care.

EC Unique

Quote from: The Trap on January 24, 2014, 04:17:05 PM
Smort, to explain........
Tyrone's fixtures:
Derry away - going on last weeks game i would say Derry will fancy this
Mayo at home - if Tyrone dont win in Derry this will become a must win game and Tyrone will still be fielding a fairly inexperienced side - depends on how strong Mayo field
Kildare away - we can normally beat Kildare but is no gimme and they seem in good form under Jason Ryan
Kerry away - tough match as always
Westmeath at home - will win this one
Cork away - tough match - Cork can handle Tyrone
Dublin home - tough match and at the end of the league Dublin will be going strong and looking forward to the test.

When you look at the fixtures it shows how vital the first 2 games are. Two wins are crucial (especially in Derry) and i think Tyrone are going to find those games very difficult given that they are likely to be without the likes of Gormley, O'Neill, Penrose, The McMahons........and Mark Donnelly and the Cavanaghs will have played no football to date.

I would doubt that very much. Derry will know that it will be a very different Tyrone team they will be facing. Tyrone will win.