McKenna Cup 2024

Started by never kickt a ball, December 30, 2006, 02:22:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

1-15 0-8

Antrim winning 1-7 to 0-5 in Derry
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

Finished 1-18 to 0-9. Cavanagh with 1-5 I think.

SHEEDY

nil satis nisi optimum

Mourne man

imtommygunn

GrandMasterFlash

Full time: Monaghan 1-12 Fermanagh 0-7

ONeill

What way is it now?

Tyrone/Fermanagh ??
Down/Monaghan ??

omagh_gael

Quote from: ONeill on January 16, 2013, 09:43:48 PM
What way is it now?

Tyrone/Fermanagh ??
Down/Monaghan ??

Looks like it. When these due to be played?

Mourne man

at the weekend down monaghan for armagh

Redhand Santa

Pretty sure that's it. They're down for Sunday. Potential double header in Armagh again maybe? Some impressive enough performances tonight but wouldn't read too much into it against limited opposition. Cavanagh looks in great shape with the shooting boots on. Thought Lafferty and Gallagher were very good at winning ball around the middle. McKenna scored a couple of nice points and sure he'll get more goes.

ONeill

Redhand Santa

Double header in Armagh. Down Monaghan at 2, Tyrone Fermanagh at 3.45.

GrandMasterFlash

Ahh, another clash with the 'sleeping giants' of Ulster football.. I know it's early days and all that but I hope the watch the video of the championship meeting at the same venue last year (this is the first time I've been able to address this topic openly btw..  :)) Two teams who seem to be in scoring form, should be a good one.. Glad to see Finlay back in the Monaghan squad and also to see some of the newer players impressing so far.

Fuzzman

For any of ye that have been to the Tyrone games,  so far which of the new comers have stood for ye.
Is young McAliskey in with a shout?

A few of ye seem to think Lafferty could be a descent enough half forward.
Am I right to say Cassidy & Sean O'Neill out til the summer if not longer?

God14

Cassidy & red Sean dropped no?

Cassidy - if fully fit -  could well be back come the summer. I dont think there are that many options here despite the 38man squad. Even last night there, Conor Clark looks more at home in the defense. Sean Cav is an awesome No. 14 but still doesnt win enough clean ball at Midfield. Plunkett Kane looks useful in the half forwards, but not really the imposing presence we want in the middle. In Fairness Colm Cavanagh will be available in Feb.

No need to try Sean O'Neill in the half back line again, exposed far too often defensively IMHO.