McKenna Cup 2024

Started by never kickt a ball, December 30, 2006, 02:22:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: oakleafgael on January 29, 2012, 10:53:49 PM
Quote from: Archie Mitchell on January 28, 2012, 11:01:53 PM
I think Conway got a red for going for Cavanagh's balls. His hand was around there anyway but not sure how much contact their was. Both were niggling at each other before this but Conway can have no complaints. Happened straight in front of the linesman (Brannigan) but he shook his head and referee appeared to be in contact with Hughes on the far side. Less said about the referee the better, was brutal for both sides. Few more Derry men could have got the line.

PJ had another fine game,McCarron was great at half back and maybe unlucky not to get MOTM but Murphy was very good in midfield. Mattie Donnelly had a good 2nd half and Mulligan and O'Neill were very sharp up front.

Your either a liar or blind, which is it? Conway and Cavanagh where pushing at each other. Cavanagh jabbed Conway who jabbed him back. Never a sending off. Cavanagh lay down to get Conway sent off.

I must have been seeing things then that happened about 20 feet in front of me. Must get my eyes checked this week then.

under the bar

QuoteMcMahon ran in and roared in his face after he let a very tame shot beat him at the near post. There was no need for it at all and nothing that had went before hand to warrant it. Never had McMahon down as that "sort" before.

Maybe Justy was just advising the keeper to go to Weightwatchers?

oakleafgael

Quote from: under the bar on January 29, 2012, 11:04:23 PM
QuoteMcMahon ran in and roared in his face after he let a very tame shot beat him at the near post. There was no need for it at all and nothing that had went before hand to warrant it. Never had McMahon down as that "sort" before.

Maybe Justy was just advising the keeper to go to Weightwatchers?

He would need to have been roaring brave and loud.

oakleafgael

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on January 29, 2012, 11:03:20 PM
Quote from: oakleafgael on January 29, 2012, 10:53:49 PM
Quote from: Archie Mitchell on January 28, 2012, 11:01:53 PM
I think Conway got a red for going for Cavanagh's balls. His hand was around there anyway but not sure how much contact their was. Both were niggling at each other before this but Conway can have no complaints. Happened straight in front of the linesman (Brannigan) but he shook his head and referee appeared to be in contact with Hughes on the far side. Less said about the referee the better, was brutal for both sides. Few more Derry men could have got the line.

PJ had another fine game,McCarron was great at half back and maybe unlucky not to get MOTM but Murphy was very good in midfield. Mattie Donnelly had a good 2nd half and Mulligan and O'Neill were very sharp up front.

Your either a liar or blind, which is it? Conway and Cavanagh where pushing at each other. Cavanagh jabbed Conway who jabbed him back. Never a sending off. Cavanagh lay down to get Conway sent off.

I must have been seeing things then that happened about 20 feet in front of me. Must get my eyes checked this week then.

McCanney's Opticans in Omagh. Rosa is a nice girl and will sort you out. I hope they always give you the stupid end of the measuring tape as well.

under the bar

All water under the bridge now OLG.

See you in the USFC! ;)

oakleafgael

Quote from: under the bar on January 29, 2012, 11:17:44 PM
All water under the bridge now OLG.

See you in the USFC! ;)

I wouldnt think it. Can't see us doing a big pile this year, same with Tyrone. Would do no harm to have two evenly matched Derry and Tyrone teams going at it again, the Tyrone/Armagh rivalry made us jealous for a while.

Give and Go

Ye're being hard on the teams. It was a nasty game, there was a small bit of stopping runs etc. No belts thrown, no dangerous tackles, maybe one but it was ok for January!
Sending off was wrong. I was possibly nearest spectator. Conway def checked Cavanagh twice, first time near linesman should have flagged it and the second wouldn't have happened. The second was frustrating but harmless. Yellow card max.
Karma intervened then as Cavanagh broke a rib or two almost immediately after in an innocent tangle.
Both teams will be bog players before year is out. Lots of absentees, but Tyrone's newcomers impressed most.

Keane

Quote from: ONeill on January 28, 2012, 11:34:33 PM
Another thing - Tyrone got away with a lot of blocking off the ball.

Thought this seemed to be creeping back into the game a fair bit last year after refs had done a great job stamping it out over the few seasons before. Hopefully notice is taken of it and they crack down on it again.

Quote from: Over the Bar on January 28, 2012, 11:52:10 PM
Is game repeated or online anywhere?

Should be available on the TG4 player for a couple of weeks.

Radda bout yeee

I wonder could we get a lip reading expert to determine what Brennan was saying to the referee when the goof was down injured?
I'm sure it was insightful from the ignorant gulpin!!! ;)

sheamy

Quote from: Man Marker on January 30, 2012, 02:41:51 PM
Quote from: Radda bout yeee on January 30, 2012, 02:28:31 PM
I wonder could we get a lip reading expert to determine what Brennan was saying to the referee when the goof was down injured?

Theres quite a few of your lads who say the same thing about him. They didn't rate him at all and v surprised he got a county job

County titles with five different clubs in three different counties. The man obviously knows nothing with that record.

I know a lot of your lads who rate him very highly and are thankful he didn't get the derry county job a number of years ago.

Onion Bag

Quote from: sheamy on January 30, 2012, 02:54:07 PM

Theres quite a few of your lads who say the same thing about him. They didn't rate him at all and v surprised he got a county job

County titles with five different clubs in three different counties. The man obviously knows nothing with that record.

I know a lot of your lads who rate him very highly and are thankful he didn't get the derry county job a number of years ago.

Thats a great CV, what clubs did he win these 5 titles with?
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

sheamy

Quote from: Onion Bag on January 30, 2012, 03:03:37 PM
Quote from: sheamy on January 30, 2012, 02:54:07 PM

Thats a great CV, what clubs did he win these 5 titles with?

Lavey (Derry), Slaughtneil (Derry), Loup (Derry), Cargin (Antrim, won two in a row, one taken away after a row!) and Carrickmore (Tyrone).

EC Unique

Going by that he is wxactly the type of manager the GAA need rid of. Unless of course he did it all for the good of said clubs.

HiMucker

Quote from: EC Unique on January 30, 2012, 03:14:31 PM
Going by that he is wxactly the type of manager the GAA need rid of. Unless of course he did it all for the good of said clubs.
I have it on good authority that when he took Cargin, he took f**k all.  Dont know about the other clubs, but I would be surpised if it amounted to anything other than legitimate expenses, and all of them speak very highly of him.  If you dont know, you would to best not to slander the man.

sheamy

Quote from: EC Unique on January 30, 2012, 03:14:31 PM

you haven't a clue what you are talking about. I'd go and ask questions within your own club and your own manager status. You'll not find the same motives as what drives John Brennan. I suggest you don't comment on him if you don't know about him.