McKenna Cup 2024

Started by never kickt a ball, December 30, 2006, 02:22:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigfrank

Quote from: Fuzzman on January 19, 2012, 07:50:07 PM
Can anyone give me some info on Matthew Donnelly.
What age is he?
What's he like at club level?
What's his strengths and weaknesses?

Will he make it this year and what's his best position?

He was on the same minor side that beat mayo in the all ireland final after a replay..played wing half forward that day in croke park in the first game and kicked the equaliser from 30 yards with the last kick of the game to take it to a replay. Plays alot of footy at full forward for trillick and had a huge year a few years back when they won an intermediate ulster title..also played full forward for uuj alot and put up some mighty performances in the sigerson eithe rlast year or year before.

I always liked him at full forward as he shows well for ball..and wins it and links it up. He has two good feet and has filled alot this past year..very able in the air too which was used alot last night from devines kickouts when harte tried him at wing forward. Being honest i wouldn say he is in the best 6 forwards in tyrone

Aaron Boone

I think he's good, but ( as they say) he's not the best footballer in his house.

Jinxy

Quote from: lawnseed on January 19, 2012, 07:21:55 PM
i'd said i wasnt going back to an armagh game until i thought they were taking it seriously. imo the arrival of paul grimley is a signal of intent. now i'm wondering what PORs job is because it was quite clear that grimley was doing the managing and paddy was along for the ride. back to the game it was shite but it was enjoyable shite. charlie vernon is not a defender! infact i dont know what he is he won a ball in mid-field (admirably) and with a clear run on goals he took off ACROSS the pitch knocked into a couple of farneymen who didnt see him coming  and passed to the wings?? ::) finn mo's stats have to atrocious he cannot complete a 20 yard pass. how he stayed on the pitch? armaghs best were mc keever,mal,gene,and wee carvill his free at the end considering the ref did his best to put him off was outstanding. the big donamoyne man certainly stands out although he didnt play (i watched him warn up) jeez hes a big lad. armagh still have a lazy feel from them and should have been well beat but for monaghans poor shooting

:D
If you were any use you'd be playing.

BennyHarp

McKenna Cup attendances up 40%
20 January 2012

As the competition reaches its penultimate stage with the semi-finals down for decision this weekend - two more mouth-watering clashes featuring Derry V Down and Tyrone V Fermanagh Pt II in a double bill - Ulster Council admits the gates have been a big improvement on last season.

The 40% increase was epitomised by the 7,000-strong crowd that travelled to Omagh to watch the meeting of neighbours Tyrone and Fermanagh on Wednesday night.

Provincial secretary Danny Murphy says there have been two main reasons for the upturn: "Weather conditions are far better and we've been lucky with the draw and the number of local matches.

"Down and Armagh was up 50% on last year and the Canavan factor had an impact on Wednesday. It's probably slightly unfortunate Tyrone play Fermanagh again in the semi-finals on Sunday but, without being certain, we'd expect around 5,000 for the double bill in Armagh."
That was never a square ball!!

lawnseed

Quote from: bennydorano on January 19, 2012, 08:22:41 PM
Lawnseed, you sound like you'd be a big loss if you did stay away.
what did you think of the game
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

onefaircounty

Quote from: Fuzzman on January 19, 2012, 07:50:07 PM
Can anyone give me some info on Matthew Donnelly.
What age is he?
What's he like at club level?
What's his strengths and weaknesses?

Will he make it this year and what's his best position?

Very good footballer, but needs to be playing close to the square, would be wasted anywhere else, and half-forward wouldn't suit his style at all.

bennydorano

Quote from: lawnseed on January 20, 2012, 01:57:14 PM
Entertaining enough for a cold wed night in January.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: bennydorano on January 20, 2012, 05:42:15 PM
Quote from: lawnseed on January 20, 2012, 01:57:14 PM
Entertaining enough for a cold wed night in January.
Some "supporters" are hard to please.

down6061689194

Quote from: antrimlad on January 19, 2012, 10:21:47 AM
Not too sure if this has been covered, and no doubt there'll be a few dissenting voices however...

I think the tickets prices for single games in this are a bit of a joke. £9 in last night to see Antrim vs Queens is utter madness in the middle of January especially when you consider the fact that in a few weeks time there will be a double header at Croke involving Dublin and Tyrone (seperate games) which im told will cost 12 euro a ticket. Think whoever sets these prices, Ill assume the Ulster Council, need to have another look at the price structure.

Not only that, the people taking the money didnt really seem to have a clue either. Was told by some who asked outside what the price was for student tickets and were told full price then got up to the gate and were told £5 (which was decent, and in my opinion should have been teh price for all), however a few other fellas who went up and asked for students were charged £9  ???

Then seen a couple of young fellas (under 16) head up in antrim tops and were told that if they werent with an adult they would be charged £2 each. They should be encouraged to go in, not told they'll have to pay otherwise they wont get in.

Myself and 3 friends, 2 foreign students and new to GAA were charged full price. Emailed the ulster council, they said there were student rates and that I should inform them of the turnstile so they can have words with the fella. But what about the extra I was charged? Close to double. No reply to my follow up email as yet...

Aaron Boone

Scanning a season ticket is painful with a lot of stewards as well.

They might be stewards but they don't get the training.

sammymaguire

How much in to the games on Sunday?
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

BennyCake

sammymaguire

Quote from: BennyCake on January 21, 2012, 12:35:17 AM
Quote from: sammymaguire on January 20, 2012, 11:40:01 PM
How much in to the games on Sunday?

£9 I read somewhere.

Cheers Benny. Same for two games as it is for 1, bargain
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

randomtask

Gaabellting

Tyrone have named side this evening for tomorrows clash with Fermanagh :

1. P McConnell
2. A McCrory 3. C Clarke 4. PJ Quinn
5. C McCarron 6. P Harte 7. Justy McMahon
     8. N McKenna 9. C Cavanagh
10. C Gervin 11. K Coney 12. P McNiece
13. O Mulligan 14. Mattie Donnelly 15. Ronan O'Neill

Would give fermanagh a great chance from looking at the above team. Much weaker  and inexperienced than team that played wednesday night.

Any word on Derry team? Will Paddy Bradley feature or was he togged wednesday night against donegal