McKenna Cup 2024

Started by never kickt a ball, December 30, 2006, 02:22:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

intheknowhow

Was at the Monaghan game. Not too bad of a performance! James Turley , Paul Finlay and Dermot Malone were best for Monaghan. St.Marys keeper morgan had an excellent game too

Any craic

Works for me there now Hashtag, keep trying!

Hashtag

trileacman

Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Club Rossa

Poor stuff at Omagh,Queens could well have been ahead at ht only for some awful shooting and 2 saves from Devine.

AFS

Armagh were useless today, Down's margin of victory should have extended into double figures. Shit start to what is likely to be a shit year.

donegal_abu

Quote from: Gaabellting on January 08, 2012, 01:49:07 PM
Donegal team v UUJ

P Boyle,
Witherow, N McGee, McGrath,
M Boyle, A Thompson, McGlynn,
   Gallagher, McManus, 
G McFadden, Bradley, Walsh,
Toye, Griffin, Molloy

Only the 1 debutant. C Mc Manus (kilcar) in midfield

Peter Withrow (st.michaels) and Gary McFadden (glenswilly) are both debutants aswell actually!

NaomhBridAbú

I dont know about youse, but when i wnet back to work last week, i was fucked. too much food and drink, and only really getting back to normal now.

Same deal with the first games of the McKenna cup - esp at healy Park. Hard to make a critical comment - new faces, in new positions. Strange seeing  a new No 7 for Tyrone.

Queens had the edge but for some profligate shooting and some saves. Other than that, it was great to kick of the season. Deadly big crowd at Healy park - putting the season ticket aside, £9 for the game was steep, but didnt stop a big turn out.

great crowds across all games too....

and well done to Peter Canavan and the Fermanagh management team - deadly result

in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. but he still only has one eye

stibhan

Exactly how there wasn't a red card for a Fermanagh man after that brawl today I will never know. An absolutely piss poor refereeing performance.

whitegoodman

Quote from: AFS on January 08, 2012, 05:17:50 PM
Armagh were useless today, Down's margin of victory should have extended into double figures. Shit start to what is likely to be a shit year.

I take it the Charlie Vernon experiment at FB stops here and now!!!

TacadoirArdMhacha

Little enough positive to take from that today from an Armagh perspective. Steffan Campbell and Ryan Rafferty showed glimpses, certainly would like to see both starting the next match. Felt the final scoreline flattered Down a little as the missed frees cost us, 3 scoreable frees hit the post and there were other misses. Billy Joe Padden played very deep, disappointing as this isn't going to suit John Murtagh. Felt that withdrawing two debutants mid-way through the first half was a little hasty, bound to affect their confidence. Difficult to get overly enthused but at least it wasn't as cold as usual.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Maguire01

Ulster Council boasting of 13,000 at the McKenna Cup games today. How many of those were in Newry? 650 in Clones apparently. £9/€10 just too steep.

Am tempted to go to the Monaghan / Down game next Sunday, but at that price i'd have second thoughts.

Don Johnson

Quote from: Maguire01 on January 08, 2012, 07:01:33 PM
Ulster Council boasting of 13,000 at the McKenna Cup games today. How many of those were in Newry? 650 in Clones apparently. £9/€10 just too steep.

Am tempted to go to the Monaghan / Down game next Sunday, but at that price i'd have second thoughts.

There was a massive crowd for a McKenna Cup match at Newry. Stand and terrace were both pretty full.

Good to see a student rate for those of us who have still got ours - £5 in.

Match in itself was pretty poor, hard to take anything from it. Thought Gough did ok in the first half. Dan Gordon got some good catches, shows he is wasted at full back but who to put there in his place? The Down defence gave away far too many frees and if Armagh had a free taker it would have been a different story.

timmyot501

Was in clones today. Poor first half and the final score flattered Monaghan as St. Marys hit a lot of wides in a short space of time during the 2nd half especially.  Finlay came into his own in the second half and was the main difference.  Malone had an excellent outting as a corner back and was very composed on the ball.  Turley also but in a great 70 mins around the middle.  Also some of the subs did well when introduced.  The St Marys keeper made 2 excellent saves and also came up and fired over a point.  Monaghan will need to improve for next sunday if they intend to beat down.

sammymaguire

Quote from: Maguire01 on January 08, 2012, 07:01:33 PM

Season ticket in Feemanagh, £20 gets you in to their group games and semi I believe...
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!