2018 Joe McDonagh Cup

Started by Mossy Bruce, March 29, 2018, 12:09:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Catch and Kick

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 15, 2018, 07:37:21 AM

The stroke which broke michael armstrong's arm - and received no booking!

Looks shocking bad.
Hope he recovers asap.

Catch and Kick

Have to say the coverage of this all week in the Irish News has been hysterical. I listened to a podcast about the game and it seems the game was actually played in a good spirit. Yes there were a number of serious injuries, one in particular which was off the ball. The ref dealt with the perpetrators and they have been suspended as per rule. There is no more to it than that. No one wants to see players badly injured but lets not be stoking things up.

redsetanta

Only a point in it at the end but Laois get the win in Dunloy today. A glimmer of hope.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

seafoid

What makes the competition interesting is the frequency of matches. The teams with the best panels have a huge advantage.
Carlow and Antrim are both on 4 along with Westmeath who have a game in hand

https://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2018/0519/964652-nolans-late-burst-keeps-carlow-in-mcdonagh-contention/
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Last Man

Quote from: Catch and Kick on May 19, 2018, 01:49:42 PM
Have to say the coverage of this all week in the Irish News has been hysterical. I listened to a podcast about the game and it seems the game was actually played in a good spirit. Yes there were a number of serious injuries, one in particular which was off the ball. The ref dealt with the perpetrators and they have been suspended as per rule. There is no more to it than that. No one wants to see players badly injured but lets not be stoking things up.
Worst behaved County team I've seen in years. Antrim lads being called "British Bastards" as they left the field at half time says plenty about the mindset.

laoislad

Excellent win for Laois. 👍
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

seafoid

Quote from: Last Man on May 19, 2018, 07:43:05 PM
Quote from: Catch and Kick on May 19, 2018, 01:49:42 PM
Worst behaved County team I've seen in years. Antrim lads being called "British b**tards" as they left the field at half time says plenty about the mindset.
That is despicable

seafoid

Shane Stapleton @ShaneSaint
Tipp will be hoping Kerry don't win the Joe McDonagh

AZOffaly

Quote from: seafoid on May 20, 2018, 05:27:05 PM

You'd see a miraculous change in the rules then.

manfromdelmonte

Don't worry, they won't

redsetanta

From a Laois perspective we would need Westmeath to win their last two games and for Antrim to beath Kerry while we also make sure to beat Carlow and Meath. That would put Laois joint second on 6 points with Antrim but should qualify based on head to head. I take it head to head is used when only two teams and score difference used if 3 teams are tied on the same points?
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

johnnycool

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 20, 2018, 08:43:20 PM

You'd see a miraculous change in the rules then.

You'd wonder that no one saw this long before now..

seafoid

big match next Saturday between Westmeath and Antrim

johnnycool

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on May 21, 2018, 08:03:48 AM
Don't worry, they won't

Anthony Daly was at the "sure lookit would be nice to keep Offaly up for another year" last night and whilst I agree with the sentiment it would mean extending the Leinster Championship to 6 teams..........

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: johnnycool on May 28, 2018, 08:26:45 AM
Quote from: manfromdelmonte on May 21, 2018, 08:03:48 AM
Don't worry, they won't

Anthony Daly was at the "sure lookit would be nice to keep Offaly up for another year" last night and whilst I agree with the sentiment it would mean extending the Leinster Championship to 6 teams..........
the following year it would be seven...