America`s Gun Culture

Started by Wildweasel74, December 14, 2012, 06:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Why would Police Officers kill pre-schoolers? (sorry bad taste, but I couldn't help it when I saw the URL)

stew

Quote from: J70 on October 14, 2015, 10:27:13 PM
I've voted Republican in NYC elections.

In a national election, not a hope in hell, at least until the national GOP sheds the lunatic element which has seized control of their party.

There seems to be no middle ground anymore, both parties are getting more extreme and they simply will  not work together for the good of the people, they can give themselves nice raises however.

If anyone is clever enough to move to the middle and actually work with the other side on the issues, grave issues like  the fact that the national debt has doubled in the past 7 years, households have, according to some consumer reports, $2,000 a year less disposable income and there are 2 million more homeless people living in the country today than 7 years ago.

I do not blame all of this on Obama, the republicans, like the democrats have severely retarded the growth of the economy because they can see eye to eye on nothing, in short they are collectively hurting the American people and change is needed by both sides to affect change, sadly I do not see it happening because the next president whether blue or red will have the noose of current history hanging around their necks with people disrespecting the new president from pillar to post, in short I think the Presidency has lost a lot of it's lustre and I seriously doubt it will ever return.

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

J70

Quote from: stew on October 15, 2015, 01:53:32 PM

In a national election, not a hope in hell, at least until the national GOP sheds the lunatic element which has seized control of their party.

There seems to be no middle ground anymore, both parties are getting more extreme and they simply will  not work together for the good of the people, they can give themselves nice raises however.

If anyone is clever enough to move to the middle and actually work with the other side on the issues, grave issues like  the fact that the national debt has doubled in the past 7 years, households have, according to some consumer reports, $2,000 a year less disposable income and there are 2 million more homeless people living in the country today than 7 years ago.

I do not blame all of this on Obama, the republicans, like the democrats have severely retarded the growth of the economy because they can see eye to eye on nothing, in short they are collectively hurting the American people and change is needed by both sides to affect change, sadly I do not see it happening because the next president whether blue or red will have the noose of current history hanging around their necks with people disrespecting the new president from pillar to post, in short I think the Presidency has lost a lot of it's lustre and I seriously doubt it will ever return.

The Dems are pretty much as they have always been. The GOP is the one embracing the crazies. It wasn't a Democratic governor legitimizing the Jade Helm insanity in Texas. It wasn't the Dems who spent years legitimizing the birthers and "Obama is a muslim" bullshit.  It's not the Dems who are denying science or trying to hold back gay marriage and embracing a false narrative about white Christian persecution. It's not the Dems who refuse to budge an inch on even the most common sense measures of gun control like background checks. It's not Dems who want to deny kids who grew up in the States residency because through no fault of theirs their parents were illegal  immigrants. I could go on....

stew

Quote from: J70 on October 15, 2015, 02:14:32 PM

The Dems are pretty much as they have always been. The GOP is the one embracing the crazies. It wasn't a Democratic governor legitimizing the Jade Helm insanity in Texas. It wasn't the Dems who spent years legitimizing the birthers and "Obama is a muslim" bullshit.  It's not the Dems who are denying science or trying to hold back gay marriage and embracing a false narrative about white Christian persecution. It's not the Dems who refuse to budge an inch on even the most common sense measures of gun control like background checks. It's not Dems who want to deny kids who grew up in the States residency because through no fault of theirs their parents were illegal  immigrants. I could go on....

Are they f**k, they are attacking capitalism, spending trillions of dollars and devastating this country from the inside out, this President has  amassed more debt than every single president before him combined and at some point that is going to have to be addressed.

Party politics is repugnant, it was the dems who tried to have Walker kicked out of office even though he was elected by the people, it was the dems that absolutely abused president bush at every farts turn, what the fook did you think was going to happen?

The republicans are a disgrace as are the democrats, this batch of entrenched political animals might just be the weakest political entity this country has ever seen, both sides, but spare me the rhetoric that just highlights the republicans foibles, the dems are every bit as bad, both a disgrace.

J70

Quote from: stew on October 15, 2015, 02:24:58 PM

Are they f**k, they are attacking capitalism, spending trillions of dollars and devastating this country from the inside out, this President has  amassed more debt than every single president before him combined and at some point that is going to have to be addressed.

Party politics is repugnant, it was the dems who tried to have Walker kicked out of office even though he was elected by the people, it was the dems that absolutely abused president bush at every farts turn, what the fook did you think was going to happen?

The republicans are a disgrace as are the democrats, this batch of entrenched political animals might just be the weakest political entity this country has ever seen, both sides, but spare me the rhetoric that just highlights the republicans foibles, the dems are every bit as bad, both a disgrace.

Tell us stew, what should Obama have done regarding spending when he took over in 2009?

How are the Dems attacking capitalism?

Walker was recalled via the voters. In case you missed it, the GOP got Arnie elected in CA the same way. Democracy in action. No anti-intellectualism or conspiracism.

Bush dished out as much as he ever got.  He dragged the country into Iraq under cooked intelligence, used 9-11 to bully opposition and oversaw the Swift boat campaign against Kerry, about as disgraceful a campaign as has ever been.

stew

Quote from: J70 on October 15, 2015, 02:36:23 PM
Quote from: stew on October 15, 2015, 02:24:58 PM

Tell us stew, what should Obama have done regarding spending when he took over in 2009?

Certainly should not have given handouts to banks and absolve them of their debt. probably should not have bailed out seemingly everyone bar ford in the Auto indudtry, and yeah, he might not have wanted to have the top men receiving massive bonus checks under his watch as their companies went into the toilet. You speak like this president is FDR esque, far from it, he is as big a bumbler as Bush ever was, and oh yeah, he probably didnt need to double the national debt in eight years, which is is more than going to do!
How are the Dems attacking capitalism?

Walker was recalled via the voters. In case you missed it, the GOP got Arnie elected in CA the same way. Democracy in action. No anti-intellectualism or conspiracism.

Walker beat the dems, beat the shit out of them, they ran to Illinois the cowards rather than try and work with him, not the GOP, the Democrats! True story. )

Bush dished out as much as he ever got.  He dragged the country into Iraq under cooked intelligence, used 9-11 to bully opposition and oversaw the Swift boat campaign against Kerry, about as disgraceful a campaign as has ever been.

I blame Chad for that myself, Kerry is a balloon, he is a mealy mouthed diplomat who needs to go away.

muppet

Quote from: whitey on October 15, 2015, 01:00:33 AM
Quote from: muppet on October 14, 2015, 06:53:20 AM
Quote from: whitey on October 13, 2015, 08:39:24 PM
Quote from: muppet on October 13, 2015, 07:32:42 PM
Quote from: whitey on October 13, 2015, 07:03:01 PM
Quote from: muppet on October 13, 2015, 02:06:03 PM
Quote from: stew on October 13, 2015, 02:03:09 PM
I didn't lie, I never said you used the term peelers and I saw an interview where he tells a different tale.

Post it.

"Stood down" may be a stretch but that's how it was actually reported, so Stew is not making this up. He Was directed by school authorities not to intervene as no one quite knew where the shooter was. The shooter was 200 yards away in another building, so he was not directly engaged with him.

The armed vet did say in another interview, that if the shooter had entered his location, he would have taken action to protect those around him

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UwL4_KDDuhg

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=b2I93N6H_eM

This is what he said: "There was a veteran who had a legal weapon, concealed carry permit 200 yards away, he wanted to go help but was told to stay put by staff members on campus".

'He wanted to go help', is different to 'we made the choice not to get involved'.

And a good decision it was too, Parker said himself it was likely that the SWAT team might think he was the shooter and blow him to bits.

You accused anther poster of lying when he said he either read or saw a report where the Vet was ordered to stand down. He wasn't lying.....it was widely reported as such in several media outlets

You need to read the thread again, as usual.

Here is exactly what I said: "Now either you lied to us, or you made a mistake and believed someone else who lied. But it is not NBC's lie."

What is it with Republican supports and their difficult relationship with the truth?

I didn't lie, I never said you used the term peelers and I saw an interview where he tells a different tale.

Post it.

By demanding he post it (which you did on numerous occasions) you are calling him a liar in my book

To prove I called someone a liar, you provide a post from someone else? This even after I put up the relevant post.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Please, keep it up, I need a good laugh.
MWWSI 2017

stew

Quote from: muppet on October 15, 2015, 03:13:41 PM
Quote from: whitey on October 15, 2015, 01:00:33 AM
Quote from: muppet on October 14, 2015, 06:53:20 AM
Quote from: whitey on October 13, 2015, 08:39:24 PM
Quote from: muppet on October 13, 2015, 07:32:42 PM
Quote from: whitey on October 13, 2015, 07:03:01 PM
Quote from: muppet on October 13, 2015, 02:06:03 PM

Post it.

"Stood down" may be a stretch but that's how it was actually reported, so Stew is not making this up. He Was directed by school authorities not to intervene as no one quite knew where the shooter was. The shooter was 200 yards away in another building, so he was not directly engaged with him.

The armed vet did say in another interview, that if the shooter had entered his location, he would have taken action to protect those around him

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UwL4_KDDuhg

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=b2I93N6H_eM

This is what he said: "There was a veteran who had a legal weapon, concealed carry permit 200 yards away, he wanted to go help but was told to stay put by staff members on campus".

'He wanted to go help', is different to 'we made the choice not to get involved'.

And a good decision it was too, Parker said himself it was likely that the SWAT team might think he was the shooter and blow him to bits.

You accused anther poster of lying when he said he either read or saw a report where the Vet was ordered to stand down. He wasn't lying.....it was widely reported as such in several media outlets

You need to read the thread again, as usual.

Here is exactly what I said: "Now either you lied to us, or you made a mistake and believed someone else who lied. But it is not NBC's lie."

What is it with Republican supports and their difficult relationship with the truth?

Post it.

By demanding he post it (which you did on numerous occasions) you are calling him a liar in my book

To prove I called someone a liar, you provide a post from someone else? This even after I put up the relevant post.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Please, keep it up, I need a good laugh.

Semantics gentlemen, time to move on.

I did see him interviewed and he had something completely different to saw than what muppet posted, I wish I could find it but I am not good with computers, I will retract my statement that he should have been allowed to go in because he is a bullshitter who panders to whomever is talking to him.

finbar o tool

An amateur requires a personal commitment that money cannot buy

heganboy

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

whitey

Quote from: heganboy on October 19, 2015, 02:16:31 PM
Same story, family tragedy

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/10/19/boy-6-fatally-shoots-toddler-brother-while-playing-cops-and-robbers-dad-arrested/

What a fvckin idiot.  An illegal gun, wrapped in a pair of old pajamas and the left on top of a fridge. Then he shows the 6 year old where it is......

Trace all these guns back to source and prosecute anyone (as accessories to murder) along the line who violated protocol

J70

Quote from: whitey on October 19, 2015, 03:57:13 PM

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/10/19/boy-6-fatally-shoots-toddler-brother-while-playing-cops-and-robbers-dad-arrested/

What a fvckin idiot.  An illegal gun, wrapped in a pair of old pajamas and the left on top of a fridge. Then he shows the 6 year old where it is......

Trace all these guns back to source and prosecute anyone (as accessories to murder) along the line who violated protocol

The NRA and Republicans are the ones standing in the way of such common sense traceability.

muppet

Exactly. But isn't that gun control?

This figure quoted by the judge James Brown is jaw-dropping: " That's why we've had 2,300 people shot in Chicago so far this year."
MWWSI 2017

omaghjoe

Quote from: muppet on October 21, 2015, 04:43:26 PM

Exactly. But isn't that gun control?

This figure quoted by the judge James Brown is jaw-dropping: " That's why we've had 2,300 people shot in Chicago so far this year."

I noticed that myself and was gobsmacked, but a quick bit of googling and its not a homicide figure, that was 432 last year.