Ulster Final: Tyrone v Down 16/07/17 14.00 Clones

Started by omagh_gael, June 22, 2017, 10:12:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WT4E

Quote from: Moortown Spuds on July 20, 2017, 11:43:20 AM
Tyrone fans were singing cheerio to the Donegal fans in the semi. Seemed to be restricted to the western terraces. I would go to more Tyrone games if there were less Tyrone fans there and the further they go into the summer the more obnoxious hanger ons will appear. I suppose its a problem every county has.

Agreed happens in every county - it gets highlighted and becomes more apparent when your county is more successful which is a shame. Have heard it from both sides - embarrassed by my own supporters and also heard it from other counties.

Was sat beside a dublin "fan" at 2015 AI final. One of the worst I've heard - he was singing God Save the Queen to a couple of Armagh Girls in front of me as he had previously found out who they where and they had been cheering on Kerry!

There are idiots everywhere - even in Derry!

Walter Cronc

Quote from: WT4E on July 20, 2017, 11:58:36 AM
Tyrone fans were singing cheerio to the Donegal fans in the semi. Seemed to be restricted to the western terraces. I would go to more Tyrone games if there were less Tyrone fans there and the further they go into the summer the more obnoxious hanger ons will appear. I suppose its a problem every county has.

Agreed happens in every county - it gets highlighted and becomes more apparent when your county is more successful which is a shame. Have heard it from both sides - embarrassed by my own supporters and also heard it from other counties.

Was sat beside a dublin "fan" at 2015 AI final. One of the worst I've heard - he was singing God Save the Queen to a couple of Armagh Girls in front of me as he had previously found out who they where and they had been cheering on Kerry!

There are idiots everywhere - even in Derry!

Course there are. Go to Derry club football if you want to see the worst! However if I was a Tyrone man and a fellow supporter started that London carryon I'd pull him up for it! That's just my take on it.

Fuzzman

A bit like Hill 16 I suppose, you tend to get the young drunken fans who make the noise and shout the obscenities who go for the cheaper stand tickets. When you're in your teens or earlier twenties you see this as creating a bit of an atmosphere and enjoy acting the goat. The Donegal wans also tend to bring a big crowd of these type over the last few years and I agree it tends to be when you're team is doing well.

There will always be fans like this who see it as a day out to get drunk and in their eyes have a bit of crack at any cost. Whilst it is not nice to listen to, I'm sure the Derry minors weren't too put out by it and have heard a lot worse.

On another note, I don't like the way players respond to fans & pundits using social media. I always just think it's opening a can of worms that can come back to annoy them. I thought Morgan had toned down his attitude but this latest incident no doubt will raise his profile in the wrong way and will put him under more pressure for any games he plays in Croker from here on in. Hill 16 will be giving him hell should we ever met the Dubs.

Walter Cronc

Agree with all of that Fuzz. I think Morgan let himself down a bagful.

If he was going to post, just apologise for your actions (regardless if you feel you were in the right) or else say nothing.

He's not the only clown on twitter mind you! Every county has them.

Jayop

No problem with what he said on Twitter or how it makes him a clown. He was called a coward Ffs. Why wouldn't he reply to that. That gobshite Rory was the coward who soon stopped his mouthing when replied to.

Fuzzman

IMHO he is a quite a high profile GAA football player and should be mature enough now to ignore what people write about him on twitter or any social media, especially with what happened in the last few years.

His free taking has already suffered in big matches because he's upped the ante by reacting to the crowd and other players. He's just causing more trouble for himself by replying on twitter as far as I can see.
It's a bit like Diarmuid Connolly in that people know they can get to him by his reactions so they will try to entice him more.

I would imagine in the next game you will see the other team (or their fans), especially if it's Monaghan or Armagh, try to get in his head and jeer him with every kickout or free.

I think Rory probably used the wrong word in coward but I'd say Morgan knows himself it looked bad and he probably regretted what he done right away. If he was clever he would have moved on and not comment on it again. However, by tweeting a reply means he highlights it all again.
The Dubs on Hill16 love giving the other team's keepers a hard time anyway but you mark my words, should we end up playing them, there will be huge pressure on him should he be hitting any 45s or long range frees.

https://twitter.com/niallmorgan01/status/886937020249067521

trueblue1234

Quote from: Jayop on July 20, 2017, 01:03:20 PM
No problem with what he said on Twitter or how it makes him a clown. He was called a coward Ffs. Why wouldn't he reply to that. That gobshite Rory was the coward who soon stopped his mouthing when replied to.

What did Morgan say?
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

omagh_gael

Quote from: trueblue1234 on July 20, 2017, 03:12:42 PM
Quote from: Jayop on July 20, 2017, 01:03:20 PM

What did Morgan say?

More or less "you're not sticking your chest out now." It was in reference to O'Hanlon chest bumping/shouldering Monaghan players after  he hit free kicks in the semi. Harmless stuff but it's the aesthetics of the action that are the problem.

OgraAnDun

Some of them tried to get it going in The Hill during the final too.

Hedgehunter

I also previously had a lot of respect for Tyrone and their fans. But the downright garbage and cockiness/arrogance coming out their mouths was just plain ridiculous. Lost a lot of respect from me.. Every feckin 2 minutes "Show him your medals Sean,show him your medals" petty it may be. I'm used to talking to fellow gaels about football in general and asking about each other's clubs etc but to tell people you'd be embarrassed if you lost just lacks class.. Tyrone fans lack class..

Moortown Spuds

I see people at Tyrone games (when I attend) or know of their attendance through social media that do absolutely nothing for their clubs, nothing to promote the game in their local community, don't attend club games and would hide behind their sofa if a ticket seller appeared.

I would imagine these are the moronic personnel that spout the diatribe at games.

omagh_gael

Not sure if it's been said bit Darren McCurry's ball into O'Neill for his lobbed finish was sumptuous!

Onthe40

Quote from: Moortown Spuds on July 20, 2017, 10:03:40 PM
I see people at Tyrone games (when I attend) or know of their attendance through social media that do absolutely nothing for their clubs, nothing to promote the game in their local community, don't attend club games and would hide behind their sofa if a ticket seller appeared.

I would imagine these are the moronic personnel that spout the diatribe at games.

The downside of the Season ticket..these people will get their seats (and probably better ones) in croker long before the loyal club man who supports the county too, but maybe couldnt afford one...

BennyHarp

Quote from: Walter Cronc on July 19, 2017, 03:11:44 PM
Quote from: Low and Hard on July 19, 2017, 01:31:11 PM
Tyrone fans chanting 'Theres no ******derry in Tyrone' to the young Derry minors when they were walking to their seats in first half of senior game. Was really bad taste IMO. And they wonder why other counties don't like them ::)

Tramps. We'll be back!

Agreed, it takes a serious level of feckin moron to stand and shout that bullshit at a football match and unfortunately every county has them. But it also takes a serious level of moron to get annoyed by it. My first encounter with this silly chant was circa 1994/5  and was in response to a "There's no f*ckin Sam in Tyrone". Those where the days of a serious rivalry though and as that level of rivalry no longer exists, there's no need for the nonsense to continue today.
That was never a square ball!!

ONeill

Quote from: Hedgehunter on July 20, 2017, 09:34:56 PM
I also previously had a lot of respect for Tyrone and their fans. But the downright garbage and cockiness/arrogance coming out their mouths was just plain ridiculous. Lost a lot of respect from me.. Every feckin 2 minutes "Show him your medals Sean,show him your medals" petty it may be. I'm used to talking to fellow gaels about football in general and asking about each other's clubs etc but to tell people you'd be embarrassed if you lost just lacks class.. Tyrone fans lack class..

All counties have them. There was a Down family behind me and the c word was used repeatedly by the mother and the father in front of their children, directed at Tyrone players.

Every county has them and I wouldn't judge an entire county on that. But go ahead anyway.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.