I don't have a vote but would vote "Yes" if I did
107 (46.5%)
I don't have a vote but would vote "No" if I did
26 (11.3%)
I don't have a vote and haven't decided how I would vote if I did
9 (3.9%)

Total Members Voted: 230

T Fearon

I posted official Catholic doctrine on hell,which based on scripture states that mortal sin unrepented leads to hell.Reading through the comments here you'd think I was actually responsible for this doctrine

Eamonnca1

longballin

Jesus Mary and Joseph you'll go to hell for that one  :-[  suggesting Tony may be an ala carte Catholic

heganboy

Quote from: T Fearon on December 28, 2017, 10:41:36 PM
I posted official Catholic doctrine on hell,which based on scripture states that mortal sin unrepented leads to hell.Reading through the comments here you'd think I was actually responsible for this doctrine

No, you didn't. In fairness it was like expecting a 7 year old with a paper plane to expound on angle of attack and Bernoulli and stall planes. 

With a map you couldn't find official Catholic doctrine, and with Google you couldn't explain it, but, no matter, carry on offending left right and centre...

I'm sure your parish is delighted by how well you have clung to the indoctrination of confirmation.

Best of luck with the heresy defence. I'm sure all the other non Catholics are rooting for you

Hows that a la carte thing going?

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

T Fearon

It is simple.I googled catholic doctrine on hell and posted it.

Surely you are not going to ignore facts? Only the blindingly stupid do that.I agree with the late Pope John Paul II,priests should have the courage to preach more frequently about hell.

https://www.catholic.com/tract/the-hell-there-is

T Fearon

The Catechism of the Catholic Church states: "The teaching of the Church affirms the existence of hell and its eternity. Immediately after death the souls of those who die in a state of mortal sin descend into hell, where they suffer the punishments of hell, 'eternal fire.' The chief punishment of hell is eternal separation from God, in whom alone man can possess the life and happiness for which he was created and for which he longs" (CCC 1035).

Heganboy read this as many times as you need.

longballin

So you believe anyone who uses contraceptives will go to hell?

T Fearon

What and why the obsession with contraceptives on this thread?????

longballin

Quote from: T Fearon on December 29, 2017, 08:20:04 AM
What and why the obsession with contraceptives on this thread?????

because there is an interest to see have you an ala carte Catholic menu or just support the rules that suit your anti-gay agenda. You keep dodging the question.. Hell for using contraceptives - Yes or no?

BennyCake

Years ago, a relative of mine went to a Protestant friend's wedding, happened to tell her priest (I'm not sure why, but anyway...) and he told her it was a mortal sin entering a Protestant church. Her friend happened to tell her priest and he didn't bat an eyelid.

Kinda sums the whole thing up really.

longballin

I know of a priest, now deceased, who asked the congregation had any of them ever murdered anyone. Of course no takers. Then he asked, has anyone used contraceptives because if you have you have committed murder!  :P

T Fearon

Quite a lot of Catholics believe Protestants are hell bound and vice Versa for following fatally flawed doctrine.

longballin

Quote from: T Fearon on December 29, 2017, 02:02:35 PM
Quite a lot of Catholics believe Protestants are hell bound and vice Versa for following fatally flawed doctrine.

so what's the story on contraceptives? Hell or the high road? Need to know basis...

T Fearon

In all matters I follow the teachings of the Church.

longballin

Quote from: T Fearon on December 29, 2017, 02:29:03 PM
In all matters I follow the teachings of the Church.

I'm not interested in what you do... I want to know does using contraceptives lead to going to hell... like you say is the penno for gay activity