I don't have a vote and haven't decided how I would vote if I did
9 (3.9%)

Total Members Voted: 230

Sidney

Quote from: topcuppla on May 03, 2015, 04:50:16 PM
Quote from: Sidney on May 03, 2015, 04:44:25 PM
Quote from: topcuppla on May 03, 2015, 04:39:27 PM
Quote from: Sidney on May 03, 2015, 04:31:54 PM

You claim in one post that sexual practices conducted by gay people are of no relevance to the debate. Yet what you posted previously would strongly indicate that you are not of this opinion at all, and that the sexual practices of the gay community are very important to the debate as far as you're concerned.

Where did I say this, and please read my posts carefully before replying, is it the English Language that is confusing you - should I post in Irish would that help?
So now you're admitting that you think the sexual practices of gay people are of relevance to the debate? Well, at least that was easy to drag out of you.

Too easy.  ;D

Please point out where I said this, Ok for the last time you asked about anal sex is it natural I alluded to the fact you practiced it tongue firmly in cheek and stated Sidney what you do (what Sidney does)  behind close doors with your partner (Sidney's Partner) is your own business (Sidney's business), not sure how it is relevant to the debate.  It obviously went totally over your head, probably best you get back to reading The Sun or Daily Star.  I believe the quote is "Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

You are obviously only a cub so the next time I will remember to use rolly eyes etc so you can understand better, bless!  As for the too easy quote that reaffirms you are probably too young to vote anyway.
Well done mate. You should put that quote on your Facebook page to impress people. Profound, particularly in relation to yourself.

Hardy

What the hell has happened to this board?

Oraisteach

muppet

Quote from: Oraisteach on May 03, 2015, 07:12:51 PM
Maybe time for a new address: gayboard.com

Great idea.

Tony would have to disown us.

Should we have a referendum on it?
MWWSI 2017

BennyHarp

Quote from: Sidney on May 03, 2015, 05:11:46 PM
Quote from: topcuppla on May 03, 2015, 04:50:16 PM
Quote from: Sidney on May 03, 2015, 04:44:25 PM
Quote from: topcuppla on May 03, 2015, 04:39:27 PM
Quote from: Sidney on May 03, 2015, 04:31:54 PM

You claim in one post that sexual practices conducted by gay people are of no relevance to the debate. Yet what you posted previously would strongly indicate that you are not of this opinion at all, and that the sexual practices of the gay community are very important to the debate as far as you're concerned.

Where did I say this, and please read my posts carefully before replying, is it the English Language that is confusing you - should I post in Irish would that help?
So now you're admitting that you think the sexual practices of gay people are of relevance to the debate? Well, at least that was easy to drag out of you.

Too easy.  ;D

Please point out where I said this, Ok for the last time you asked about anal sex is it natural I alluded to the fact you practiced it tongue firmly in cheek and stated Sidney what you do (what Sidney does)  behind close doors with your partner (Sidney's Partner) is your own business (Sidney's business), not sure how it is relevant to the debate.  It obviously went totally over your head, probably best you get back to reading The Sun or Daily Star.  I believe the quote is "Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

You are obviously only a cub so the next time I will remember to use rolly eyes etc so you can understand better, bless!  As for the too easy quote that reaffirms you are probably too young to vote anyway.
Well done mate. You should put that quote on your Facebook page to impress people. Profound, particularly in relation to yourself.

Stop flirting lads and get a room!
That was never a square ball!!

Eamonnca1

armaghniac

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on May 03, 2015, 08:01:46 PM
The horrifying outcome of being raised by same-sex parents:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSQQK2Vuf9Q

This kind of contribution is pointless, but then pointless contributions are par for the course. There being several billions sets of same sex parents then presumably a variety of situations can be identified. Presumably someone can find a case where both parent wore glasses and abused their children, but a sample of one says nothing about the desirability of bespectacled persons in general raising children.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

T Fearon

There is a need to differentiate between points.If a child is orphaned as a result of a car crash,and is then raised by two aunts for example,there is no issue,but it does become an issue if the same sex substitute parents are in a gay relationship with each other

Sidney

I'll be voting Yes, and haven't seen one argument that would make me doubt my decision for a second.

Here's a few questions people should ask themselves before voting, and my views:

i) Is being attracted to members of the same sex equally as natural and normal as being attracted to members of the opposite sex?

Yes. It's entirely natural and normal. The fact there are less gay people than straight people in no way makes it less natural or normal, in a similar way to how people with red hair are no less natural or normal.

ii) Are relationships between members of the same sex equally as natural and normal as relationships between members of the opposite sex?

Yes, for the same reason as i).

iii) Is it important that we should recognise this equality by allowing people of the same sex to marry?

Yes. In my view it's very important because it will go a long way towards making a section of society who have always previously suffered prejudice and bigotry towards them, feel that their sexual orientation is now accepted as as natural, normal and valid as that of people who are attracted to members of the opposite sex, and that as people they are accepted as equal.

iv) Will marriage be redefined under the constitution if the referendum is passed?

No, because the constitution does not define marriage. My own view is, who cares whether the definition of marriage is being redefined? But for what it's worth, the constitution will not be changed either way.

v) Should a gay couple be allowed adopt?

That's irrelevant to the debate, because a gay couple will be able to adopt anyway, regardless of the referendum result, because the Children and Family Relationships Bill, which has already been passed, allows civil partners and cohabiting couples who have lived together for three years to adopt.

I do think that a gay couple should be allowed adopt. But that opinion and that question is as relevant to this debate as my view that the BDO is better darts organisation than the pdc. And given that, the key argument in the No campaign falls away completely.

vi) Is Ireland still a homophobic society?

In my view, certainly yes. That homophobia may be less explicit and more covert than before, but it still very much exists, there is still a significant degree of homophobia internalised in many straight people. A Yes vote will not end that but will send a strong message that homophobia should not and will not be tolerated, no more than racism should be.

vii) Are there valid, non-homophobic reasons for voting no?
Perhaps, but I've yet to see one, and the No campaign in my view has been based entirely on fear and a thinly veiled appeal to base prejudices, using arguments that are wholly irrelevant to the question we're voting on.

That's not to say the Yes side have run a stellar campaign, as they're being sidetracked into arguing irrelevant points, but any examination of the real points means the decision as to which way to vote, to me is a very easy one.

Sidney

Quote from: T Fearon on May 03, 2015, 09:41:30 PM
There is a need to differentiate between points.If a child is orphaned as a result of a car crash,and is then raised by two aunts for example,there is no issue,but it does become an issue if the same sex substitute parents are in a gay relationship with each other
See, it all comes down to the gay sex with you.  You're obsessed with it really, aren't you? ;D

T Fearon

I am not obsessed with it (repulsed would be a better word).I just cannot see who any child raised in an unnatural environment could turn out to be normal.

Sidney

Quote from: T Fearon on May 03, 2015, 10:26:14 PM
I am not obsessed with it (repulsed would be a better word).I just cannot see who any child raised in an unnatural environment could turn out to be normal.
As I said earlier, at least you're honest in your bigotry. If only others in the No camp could be as honest. It would make things easier for everybody.

general_lee

So if a man does his wife up the jacksie, is that unnatural?

muppet

Like the Magdalene laundries, or an abused child who is raised while sworn to secrecy regarding his abuse?
MWWSI 2017

topcuppla

Quote from: general_lee on May 03, 2015, 10:55:06 PM
So if a man does his wife up the jacksie, is that unnatural?

Yes -do you or Sidney think differently?