Roscommon v Clare - AIQ R4A [23/07/16]

Started by Syferus, July 18, 2016, 08:43:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Quote from: INDIANA on July 24, 2016, 06:26:28 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on July 24, 2016, 06:17:59 PM
That Bomber has a bad obsession.
Get herself a girl friend.

He has an unhealthy obsession of how good Tyrone truly are as well.

Roscommon are guilty of playing like an u21 team still. Not uncommon for a young panel but they have no defensive organisation whatsoever.

Management have a lot of things to be looking at starting with themselves.
Won't go running down individual players but a number of players featured in the last 3 games who virtually everyone bar the management knew weren't good enough. We obviously have no coaching of our players in defending, tackling, tracking opponents.
Whether staleness or friction players were not mentally or physically able for Championship football.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Maroon Manc

I think the management are getting off very lightly, I feel sorry for the some of the players as they've been heavily let down by the men in charge. McStay/FoD have had a lot time to prepare Roscommon defensively for the championship and the Kerry league semi final should have been a wake up call but it looks like they totally ignored what went on that day. At what point do you stop been unlucky with injuries? I've never heard of a team with so many hamstring injuries, there's something clearly not right.

Its not all doom and gloom though with the two Murtaghs's and the two Smith's and Harney there's a lot of potentially good forwards and in D Murtagh potentially one of the best in the country.

Rossfan

Them 5 lads have potential alright but we're awful short on decent defenders.
Hopefully management have a good look at themselves, identify what they did wrong and bring in coaches and maybe run some of backroom crew.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: Rossfan on July 24, 2016, 07:32:55 PM
Hopefully management have a good look at themselves, identify what they did wrong and bring in coaches and maybe run some of backroom crew.

How good are the 2 Daly's who went to the States? Collins & Niall Daly would surely make a huge difference in there? In fairness your current defenders would fair a lot better if they were given some proper protection.

weareros

Don't know what glory some lads getting from dancing on Ros grave. If I went around to gloat at other counties misfortune because some poster annoyed me, I'd consider myself a sick individual. So cop on those couple of posters from Sligo and Tyrone; you are little credit to your county either.

Congrats to Clare - the final score flattered us. It was a debacle of a game really, like a bad club game, error strewn game, with big lugs hassling players from the sideline and poor refereeing decisions. It's stuff like that puts young lads off playing football and turns supporters away.

Unfortunately our season was one long continuation of that last move against New York when we slowly came out with the ball, afraid to make a mistake, didn't know what to do with the ball other than give a bad pass to the nearest player.

One can also see now how smart the Mayo players were when they objected to McHale. Good management takes the blame when things go wrong; ours blames the players.

I hope we realise now as a county that the likes of Tony McManus and Shane Curran should never be listened to. Loud mouths who were very quick to stick the knife into John Evans. I hope the sight of Liam Kearns leading a Tipp team severely short of resources to the last 8 hammers home to them that they know absolutely fecking nothing about football.

But we are a small county, with a small pick, and I still believe we have our most talented players in a generation. The likes of Mullooly, Murtagh, Harney, Compton all U21 this year, Smith, Corcoran et all, just 22. They and the supporters all will have better days.

Anyway big congrats to Clare; big congrats to Tipp, and the best of luck to our remaining Connacht representatives in the All-Ireland championship.

INDIANA

Quote from: Maroon Manc on July 24, 2016, 07:21:10 PM
I think the management are getting off very lightly, I feel sorry for the some of the players as they've been heavily let down by the men in charge. McStay/FoD have had a lot time to prepare Roscommon defensively for the championship and the Kerry league semi final should have been a wake up call but it looks like they totally ignored what went on that day. At what point do you stop been unlucky with injuries? I've never heard of a team with so many hamstring injuries, there's something clearly not right.

Its not all doom and gloom though with the two Murtaghs's and the two Smith's and Harney there's a lot of potentially good forwards and in D Murtagh potentially one of the best in the country.

They were doing an abnormally high amount of training early in the season. Twice a day some days. Which would explain the hamstring injuries.

The second point on the defensive structure - all depends on the type of players you have. Roscommon have a lot of finishers up front but they don't have any Paul Flynns

Syferus

Quote from: Maroon Manc on July 24, 2016, 07:38:21 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on July 24, 2016, 07:32:55 PM

How good are the 2 Daly's who went to the States? Collins & Niall Daly would surely make a huge difference in there? In fairness your current defenders would fair a lot better if they were given some proper protection.

Protection my arse. We can't get basic things like tackling and covering all men inside our 45 even when we have numerical advantages on the attacking team. The two Dalys will be a boost but Conor was never known as a great tackler himself. Might be best as a wing-forward but he's a smart player who it may be able to teach how to be better in the tackle, I guess like a lot of our players. Ronan would be a cuter hoor when it comes to marking a man. Only Neil Collins, and Davy Murray if you're being very generous (he's like in Seanie in that he's brave to a fault but his positional awareness can let him down at times), of this year's starters could I honestly say executed tackling at the level required.

Really worried that Niall Carty might be forced to retire because if he's not fit enough to be better than the defence we've been playing by now it's tough to see the route back. I hope to God all he needs is a run of competitive club games to get back to the level we need him to be at because he would have been one of the few men you'd trust to fill the void at 6.

Cunny Funt

Without a good defence you are pissing against the wind. That doesn't mean you have to find six top quality defenders as many county teams get by with average defenders if the right system of play is in place.

The six day turnaround after a loss certainly played a part in that game yesterday. Monaghan much further down the line than Roscommon lost at home to Longford a few weeks ago however there was only one team that was up for the fight in Pearses stadium yesterday and Clare should have won by more.

manfromdelmonte

All hail Tyrone.
Masters of all opinions and knowledge in the Gaelic football world.

With one more senior All Ireland in their history than Roscommon

Rudi

Quote from: weareros on July 24, 2016, 07:43:46 PM
Don't know what glory some lads getting from dancing on Ros grave. If I went around to gloat at other counties misfortune because some poster annoyed me, I'd consider myself a sick individual. So cop on those couple of posters from Sligo and Tyrone; you are little credit to your county either.

Congrats to Clare - the final score flattered us. It was a debacle of a game really, like a bad club game, error strewn game, with big lugs hassling players from the sideline and poor refereeing decisions. It's stuff like that puts young lads off playing football and turns supporters away.

Unfortunately our season was one long continuation of that last move against New York when we slowly came out with the ball, afraid to make a mistake, didn't know what to do with the ball other than give a bad pass to the nearest player.

One can also see now how smart the Mayo players were when they objected to McHale. Good management takes the blame when things go wrong; ours blames the players.

I hope we realise now as a county that the likes of Tony McManus and Shane Curran should never be listened to. Loud mouths who were very quick to stick the knife into John Evans. I hope the sight of Liam Kearns leading a Tipp team severely short of resources to the last 8 hammers home to them that they know absolutely fecking nothing about football.

But we are a small county, with a small pick, and I still believe we have our most talented players in a generation. The likes of Mullooly, Murtagh, Harney, Compton all U21 this year, Smith, Corcoran et all, just 22. They and the supporters all will have better days.

Anyway big congrats to Clare; big congrats to Tipp, and the best of luck to our remaining Connacht representatives in the All-Ireland championship.
Good post fair play. Posters kicking us when we are down in the gutter, on the basis of the shite talked by one poster from our county really irks me. The Mayo gaa banter page in particular should be disbanded, awful muck. However it reflects the opinion of one idiot from Mayo, in fairness the majority of Mayo people I know are sound. The semi final between Mayo and Galway should be good.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on July 24, 2016, 09:49:17 PM
All hail Tyrone.

How many of Tyrone's All Irelands were you alive for?

How many of Roscommon's were you alive for?

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: weareros on July 24, 2016, 07:43:46 PM

Right guys.

The Roscommon lads want cuddles and violins anymore after they exit the championship with a whimper with all the bluster and hot air that goes with them.

Rossfan

If there's one Ros poster who's not very sensible ( ok there is!)
Bejasus Tyrone have one to outdo him by a country mile.

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on July 24, 2016, 10:12:55 PM
All hail Tyrone.

They all count pal.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on July 24, 2016, 10:35:57 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on July 24, 2016, 10:12:55 PM
All hail Tyrone.

They all count pal.

Some of them are a lot more relevant to the state of today's affairs than others.

For instance, we have a three time All Ireland winner captaining us while without meaning to sound glib, Roscommon's All Ireland winners are pushing daisies.