Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Watched the second half of that. Hard to describe how awful United were. If they'd managed to hold onto it, that would have been one of the biggest PL smash and grabs I've ever seen.

Milltown Row2

The media were trying to sell this as Utd being still in with a chance of catching Villa for fourth!!

Mental gymnastics sums going on

Then when Utd scored they said, basically makes no difference as villa to far in front?

Media guys are dumb
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 30, 2024, 10:08:31 PMThe media were trying to sell this as Utd being still in with a chance of catching Villa for fourth!!

Mental gymnastics sums going on

Then when Utd scored they said, basically makes no difference as villa to far in front?

Media guys are dumb

A bit daft from the media alright, United will finish 6th place at best, that much has been known for a while and performances like tonight rubber stamps it further.

Champions league talk is silly, played in the Champions league this season and finished bottom, that group of players are Europa league level max and improvement isn't going to be seen until a clear out happens. 

A very wasteful Brentford should have won and tonight they played better and created more chances than they did when beating Man United 4-0 last season.

Wee Barky

Really poor from Utd today, ten hag using international break as an excuse was a bit weak.

statto

Quote from: Wee Barky on March 30, 2024, 10:46:50 PMReally poor from Utd today, ten hag using international break as an excuse was a bit weak.
Struggling get over the big cup final win in previous game.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: statto on March 31, 2024, 10:33:08 AM
Quote from: Wee Barky on March 30, 2024, 10:46:50 PMReally poor from Utd today, ten hag using international break as an excuse was a bit weak.
Struggling get over the big cup final win in previous game.

Think you'll find they've been struggling all season, the stats will show that ;D

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Ghost

Shocking stuff last night. If Utd had taken 3 points last night it would have been one of the biggest robberies since Brentford at Old Trafford.

Performances like that are hardly going to convince the INEOS crowd that ETH is the man to take the thing forward.

nrico2006

Ten Gag usually spouts the most ridiculous dung after fames. Surprised he hasn't said that United played their best football all season and that the progress is obvious. He isn't good enough.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Armagh18

Who is?

Couldn't be bothered with going back to square one with a new manager. Bar Dalot, Martinez, Hojlund, Mainoo and Garnacho plus maybe Onana if he can keep this form going, the rest just aren't good enough, past it, too injury prone or both.

jcpen

The players proved against Liverpool that they can play, must be frustrating for Man United fans that they have the most expensive squad ever assembled in the history of the game and have the ability to turn it on against the likes of Liverpool then don't bother against teams like Brentford.
This is one of my 3 usernames.

Ghost

Ten Hag is one of the most negative managers in the league. He relies on moments of individual brilliance or something off the cuff to nick him a goal and then tries to defend it. No patterns of plays, just send the players out and hope for the best.

It was the same last season, Utd were a brutal watch for the majority of games. Only difference was he had Rashford's brilliance to carry them.

nrico2006

One of my main issues is the lack of an identifiable style of play. 2 seasons in and United hlseem to be just a bunch of 11 individuals playing their own individual way.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Milltown Row2

Liverpool will hammer them based on that performance.

One calamity after another

Ed Ricketts

Quote from: Armagh18 on March 31, 2024, 11:14:16 AMWho is?

Couldn't be bothered with going back to square one with a new manager. Bar Dalot, Martinez, Hojlund, Mainoo and Garnacho plus maybe Onana if he can keep this form going, the rest just aren't good enough, past it, too injury prone or both.

A lot of United fans have time for Martinez, but he's added very little in the last 12/13 months.

In and (mostly) out with injury, and, when fit, he has been involved in some defensive horror shows. Does a solid six months from September 2022 through to February 2023 justify the esteem he's held in by supporters? If a wholesale clearout is planned then I reckon he should be very nervous.
Doc would listen to any kind of nonsense and change it for you to a kind of wisdom.

Armagh18

Quote from: Ed Ricketts on March 31, 2024, 12:58:36 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on March 31, 2024, 11:14:16 AMWho is?

A lot of United fans have time for Martinez, but he's added very little in the last 12/13 months.

In and (mostly) out with injury, and, when fit, he has been involved in some defensive horror shows. Does a solid six months from September 2022 through to February 2023 justify the esteem he's held in by supporters? If a wholesale clearout is planned then I reckon he should be very nervous.
In fairness it was a fairly serious injury and I think it was treated wrong by the club in the first place, he was good there when he was back, the difference he makes to United build up play is unreal. Would be one of the last names I'd want to see leave. Shaw is excellent when he's fit but that is few and far between.