An Irishman Abroad Podcast

Started by gallsman, March 24, 2014, 10:25:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Anyone else listen to this? Hosted by a comedian called Jarlath Regan. Basically interviews well known Irishmen and women living in London about their life and careers. It's fantastic stuff.

harlechman

Have listened to the Barry Glendenning and Paul Kimmage interviews. Top class stuff, Regan is an excellent interviewer.

Tony Baloney

Cheers Gallsman. My podcast list needs a bit of freshening up.

Puckoon

Dumb Dumb question: How do you listen to a podcast?

gallsman

Quote from: harlechman on March 25, 2014, 11:57:31 AM
Have listened to the Barry Glendenning and Paul Kimmage interviews. Top class stuff, Regan is an excellent interviewer.

The Glendenning and Flannery ones were brilliant. Have bumped into Flannery on the piss in Dublin a couple of times and he seems like great craic. The Dylan Moran one was great too. Saw Glendenning live in Dublin last week with some of the other Football Weekly regulars. Great night's entertainment for 15 quid.

Quote from: Puckoon on March 25, 2014, 02:41:22 PM
Dumb Dumb question: How do you listen to a podcast?

Are you a smartphone owner? Free on iTunes if on an iPhone. If on Android, just search for a podcast player in the play store (I use BeyondPod) and then search for the podcast within the App.

Can listen to them in a good old fashioned internet browser as well if you're on a PC or Mac.

Tony Baloney

Puckoon

Cheers - will look it up for the iphone.

Asal Mor

Great show this. Loved the Chris O Dowd and Paul Kimmage ones too. 

J OGorman

Great heads up Gallsman.  Have listened to about a dozen of these now (mostly when out jogging which helps keep my mind from making me stop too soon!), great podcast altogether

Tony Baloney

Quote from: J OGorman on May 12, 2014, 06:22:16 PM
Great heads up Gallsman.  Have listened to about a dozen of these now (mostly when out jogging which helps keep my mind from making me stop too soon!), great podcast altogether
Any of you bought any specs from McClintock's yet?

J OGorman

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 12, 2014, 06:25:01 PM
Quote from: J OGorman on May 12, 2014, 06:22:16 PM
Any of you bought any specs from McClintock's yet?

Spectacles don't ye know! Actually needy buy a t shirt or something in fairness

ziggysego

Started listening to this podcast a few weeks ago. A great wee listen to, when I'm working.
Testing Accessibility

The Subbie

Started listening to it a while ago, I have to say personal highlight was the actor Owen O'Neill.
Other highlights were Cascarino,Glendenning and even though her voice irritated the f**k out of me, Laura Whitmore.

Lately though I've found that it's not so much an Irishman abroad but a stand up comic abroad, everything is brought back to how it relates to Jarlath doing stand up shows .

The latest episode with Dylan Haskins, exactly, who the f**k is he, I don't know, he's been in London 4 days it seems and there's a show about him.

The graham linehan and Ardal O'Hanlon shows were good.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: The Subbie on May 12, 2014, 10:27:55 PM
Started listening to it a while ago, I have to say personal highlight was the actor Owen O'Neill.Other highlights were Cascarino,Glendenning and even though her voice irritated the f**k out of me, Laura Whitmore.

Lately though I've found that it's not so much an Irishman abroad but a stand up comic abroad, everything is brought back to how it relates to Jarlath doing stand up shows .
The latest episode with Dylan Haskins, exactly, who the f**k is he, I don't know, he's been in London 4 days it seems and there's a show about him.

The graham linehan and Ardal O'Hanlon shows were good.
I didn't know much about him but seems an impressive character (for a Tyronie).

Re. his stand-ups, I'm not up on the latest ones but they are obviously popular so maybe he wants a piece of the action for himself and is publicising himself as much as the interviewee. I honestly haven't heard of some of the people so I am skipping them and will come back when I have listened to the others.

Flannery's was good too - they are good as most people seem to cut through a lot of the shite and tell the truth.

The Subbie

Yeah I didn't know a few of them, the cork lad, runner with a terrible American accent, had to turn it off.
Micheal Smiley was good.

I see Steve Collins is the latest installment, should be worth a listen