Visiting Australia/New Zeland

Started by gallsman, June 04, 2013, 03:06:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Hi,

Am looking to visit Oz and New Zealand this Christmas and was wondering if anybody had any tips on the best possible way to organise flights. Current schedule looks like:

DUB-BNE (anywhere from 7th-10th December)
BNE-AKL (23rd December)
AKL-DUB (3rd January)

I plan on visiting friends and family, so the destinations are fixed. Whatever way the various airlines' algorithms work is beyond me - currently looking cheaper to buy the BNE-ALK leg separately. Best option time-wise appears to be through the Middle East with Emirates (but is expensive) but the sites I'm using (Skyscanner, Expedia, Kayak etc.) are throwing up so many permutations I can't keep track of them. Anybody any experience with flying to that part of the world who could offer a few pointers?

ballinaman

Quote from: gallsman on June 04, 2013, 03:06:20 PM
Hi,

Am looking to visit Oz and New Zealand this Christmas and was wondering if anybody had any tips on the best possible way to organise flights. Current schedule looks like:

DUB-BNE (anywhere from 7th-10th December)
BNE-AKL (23rd December)
AKL-DUB (3rd January)

I plan on visiting friends and family, so the destinations are fixed. Whatever way the various airlines' algorithms work is beyond me - currently looking cheaper to buy the BNE-ALK leg separately. Best option time-wise appears to be through the Middle East with Emirates (but is expensive) but the sites I'm using (Skyscanner, Expedia, Kayak etc.) are throwing up so many permutations I can't keep track of them. Anybody any experience with flying to that part of the world who could offer a few pointers?
Etihad is decent. Travelled over and back a few times from Sydney when I was working over there. They fly to Brisbane too.Book directly through Etihad website. Plenty of cheap flights from Brisbane to Auckland I'd say, Tiger airways, Jetstar ect....