10 (50%)
?
10 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 20

howlongref

Quote from: JoG2 on October 16, 2021, 10:28:25 PM
Quote from: howlongref on October 16, 2021, 10:06:04 PM
Quote from: The Trap on October 16, 2021, 09:30:17 PM
8 officials and all they could see was one red card each!

Regarding officials the referee in the coleraine/slaughtneil game was a county board disgrace, those teams deserved better and I felt sorry for them. As for the first game the match video should making interesting viewing as there was definitely more than one red apiece. Plenty of private videos doing the rounds, can't be ignored.

A lorry load of refs have hung the whistle up in the county the last few years. Who'd blame them? The amount of abuse they have to listen to us unreal.

Jo'G that may be but those are the biggest games of the year so far and we get that, Benny Dan Barry Cathal Mervyn Ritchie, sorry if I've missed anyone but the competing senior teams deserve better imho.

Wildweasel74

Doubt both teams belong a hammering coming of the craic on Wicklow 2 weeks bck.

The Trap

Ref wasn't to blame for the row. Seemed to spiral out of very little but had players, managers, subs and supporters involved......surely that has to be investigated

Wildweasel74

Theres been too many big spill overs in Derry in the past, always seem to reoccur so obviously the punishment for this crap is not severe enough. It make the papers unfortunately as I seen at least 3 videos of it already

Link

Quote from: howlongref on October 16, 2021, 10:36:06 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on October 16, 2021, 10:28:25 PM
Quote from: howlongref on October 16, 2021, 10:06:04 PM
Quote from: The Trap on October 16, 2021, 09:30:17 PM
8 officials and all they could see was one red card each!

Regarding officials the referee in the coleraine/slaughtneil game was a county board disgrace, those teams deserved better and I felt sorry for them. As for the first game the match video should making interesting viewing as there was definitely more than one red apiece. Plenty of private videos doing the rounds, can't be ignored.

A lorry load of refs have hung the whistle up in the county the last few years. Who'd blame them? The amount of abuse they have to listen to us unreal.

Jo'G that may be but those are the biggest games of the year so far and we get that, Benny Dan Barry Cathal Mervyn Ritchie, sorry if I've missed anyone but the competing senior teams deserve better imho.

The benny show? No thanks

Silver hill

O'Connor is simply not fit to get around the pitch in the first instance.
After that, he's smitten by an ailment called 'it's all about me'.
His performance last night was a disgrace and the players in both teams deserve better from our co board.

Silver hill

Ugly scenes in the first game. Escalated very quickly after Mckindless and Downey had their handbags.
Daddy Downey will reflect before he decides to enter the field again to help out the family.
Appears to be a lot of bad blood there last night and this was simmering for a long time. What was Muldoon thinking taking that job?
On the game itself, sporadic bouts of football played. Ballinderry showed zero ambition in the second half. Suckie won the 3 balls that were put into him. Route 1 would have been way more productive.
Mckindless was obviously carrying a knock.

Wildweasel74

If teams were banned from the championship the following Yr for subs and supporters Coming on to the field would cut this crap out over night

JoG2

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on October 17, 2021, 10:40:34 AM
If teams were banned from the championship the following Yr for subs and supporters Coming on to the field would cut this crap out over night

I'd agree WW. When this happens it gets very dangerous. If a melee involves only players, it will calm down fairly quickly, players generally not wanting to strike ie get sent off.

Re Rules & Regulations : It does mention 'unauthorised incursions' onto the field of play but not what the punishment is

Sportacus

In many counties it's usually the same clubs and the same families twisting and causing the rows.  It's not worth the hassle for people living in the same parish to try and stand up to them.  They usually manipulate things to have their way and then can't help themselves when a match gets tight.  County Boards always bottle it, or the ridiculous multi-later appeals process gets them off the hook.  Then refs get disillusioned and leave, and we're left with less experienced or capable refs who don't keep control of things so it can get even worse.  It's a vicious circle.

toby47

Philly Muldoon won't be too welcome in Ballinderry after his behaviour yesterday, especially not in his Lavey gansai. Downey & Brennan should know better as well, they have been around long enough to know their behaviour was disgraceful.

God14

Muldoon, more clubs than tiger woods.

theticklemister

theticklemister

So what happened there on Saturday lads? Only seen one video.

Who got the most digs in?

theticklemister

Another Derry referee handed out 6 red cards over in fair London Town today. Heard the players got what they deserved.