?

?
10 (50%)
?
10 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 20

howlongref

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 31, 2019, 04:22:17 PM
https://thesaffrongael.com/2019/05/30/late-derry-comeback-denies-antrim-victory/

I was in owenbeg Saturday, derry u20s were outgunned by a very good cavan team. Good to see Oisin McWilliams getting a game under his belt, he will be key for rest of year. Noticeable change of team from minor grade, something similar to Tyrone. Definitely work to do but have the big game players and hopefully all available injury free.before the Armagh game.

oakleaflad

They didn't have their full side out in either game, wouldn't worry too much yet. These lads are still competitive at Ulster level and it will all be on the day.

OakLeaf

Great to see a bit of progress in the city!

honthecounty

Many making the trip down tomorrow ? looking forward to it myself hopefully build a run into these qualifiers

JoG2

Good performance against a poor Wexford team. Game was over by h/t with us playing against a fair wind. A couple of great team goals.
McFaul was excellent today and McGuigan is turning into a serious player at this level.
Decent enough splattering of Derry folk down.

tbrick18

Good result alright. To be fair, couldn't ask much more of the county team this year.
Gained promotion, didn't disgrace ourselves against last year's all Ireland finalists and comfortably through first round.

Derry v Tyrone round 2. The revenge. Lol.

honthecounty

Good ruthless performance on Saturday which we havent seen in a few years in the championship and i know Wexford were very poor but still. Smart by management to take off some big hitters and allow the squad to get some championship minutes under the belt. Mcfaul starting to really show his worth this year as well as big Conor. Shane, enda and emmett up front again very good also.

Bring on Laois.

oakleaflad

Qualifier game with Laois is on Sat 22nd, 5pm at Owenbeg

Red10

Really this should be played at Celtic pk. It's either our county ground for Championship games or it's not. If it's not then the powers that be should have the honesty to close it up and sell the place and use the money elsewhere. Probably the only reason they aren't is that goes against the GAA aims of urban development so it wouldn't go down well in Croke pk.

There's enough rancor and division in Derry with north/south/city... without the place we play at being another one. We must be the only county that when we get a home draw a lot of the comments on the Derry fbook page are about the venue.  Surely supporters can travel 30 minutes to one hour to support the county team. Was never a problem when we were going really well - now it's a handy excuse. It's as well we don't live in a county as big as Kerry or Cork or nobody would ever go to a game.

TheOptimist

Kick in teeth its not in Celtic Park. Only game there this year has bee the Leitrim one!

JoG2

Quote from: TheOptimist on June 13, 2019, 01:06:30 PM
Kick in teeth its not in Celtic Park. Only game there this year has bee the Leitrim one!

Holding off for Mayo in round 3  :D

JohnDenver

I would guess that it's a management request to play the game at Owenbeg, given that the players would be more familiar with the setup / pitch from multiple training sessions there - which is obviously an advantage and not one that many counties would have the luxury to avail of.

I personally don't think it's anything against Celtic Park, as the playing surface is excellent - more so a case of getting any small advantage as possible at Owenbeg.