The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

UK ban while the Irish investigation takes part. Typical media story. Intense attention for several days and then the circus will move on.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: Armagh18 on March 02, 2021, 11:32:13 AM
It's not a nice picture and he's a stupid p***k for posing for it, but it's a sad sign of the times the amount of keyboard warriors and general gobshites looking to ruin the man

This right here.
Dont follow the racing at all a bookie mate sent me the pic early doors. Stupid and tasteless but unless sitting on a dead animal is against the law then i dunno. Messages coming out now about groping women so that could be another issue altogether. Someones out to get him.

He'll be on the 'whos been cancelled' thread by end of week

mouview

I'd love to work at his racing premises. Has a bar in his yard fitted out exactly like a pub.

sid waddell

What's the world coming to when a man can't twist a female employee's nipples as hard as he can as she's trying to work

I guess behaviour like this catching up on a man is "fascism", or something like that

trailer

Someone has the knives out for him

sid waddell

Before social media, sexual harrassment generally always went unpunished

Now, social media gives victims power

And that is a good thing

But a lot of men, especially powerful men, don't like it

Rich Ricci

Cheveley Park have pulled their horses and will be split between Henry De Bromhead and Willie Mullins. Losing Envoi Allen a massive blow.

Taylor

Seems the leaks regarding GE are coming out due to his alleged philandering.

Another jockey picture today sitting on a dead horse as well (different incident).

A lot more to come it seems

Hound

Sid, I seen comments on twitter than the Rachael Anne Piggott stuff is fake.
But I don't know either way.

Hound

Quote from: Taylor on March 02, 2021, 02:20:52 PM
Another jockey picture today sitting on a dead horse as well (different incident).

Amateur jockey Rob James has issued an apology for this one. Happened 5 years, some "mate" of his must have had it on his phone and decided it would be good fun to throw it onto social media now, given what's going on with Elliott.

"I have become aware of a video circulating of me on social media. I would just like of apologise for my actions which were wholly inappropriate and disrespectful to a lovely five-year-old mare, who unfortunately suffered a sudden cardiac arrest while at exercise earlier that morning, April 30th, 2016.

"I sincerely apologise to the owners of the mare, the staff who cared for her, the horseracing industry and all followers of horse racing for my actions.

"To try defending my stupidity at the time would add further insult and hurt to the many loyal people that have supported me during my career. I have caused embarrassment to my employers, my family and most importantly the sport I love.

"I am heartbroken by the damage I have caused and will do my best to try and make amends to those hurt by my conduct," James said.

Hound

Quote from: Rich Ricci on March 02, 2021, 01:14:47 PM
Cheveley Park have pulled their horses and will be split between Henry De Bromhead and Willie Mullins. Losing Envoi Allen a massive blow.
8 horses altogether, 4 of which are Cheltenham bound (3 to Henry, 1 to Willie).
They've said they have a preference to keep the same jockeys onboard, which in interesting and from what I heard it's non-negotiable re Envoi Allen, it must be ridden by either Davy Russell or Jack Kennedy.

But it's a permanent switch and Cheveley Park are cutting all ties with Elliott.

Be very interesting to see what Gigginstown do now. Elliott is definitely not going to be allowed have his name on the racecards for Cheltenham, but I presume the O'Learys still want their horses to race. So maybe a temporary switch of yards?

They've pulled Tiger Roll from the Grand National. They've said it's weight related, not GE related. He won his second off 159 and they say a rating of 166 is at least 7 pounds too high given he's not running as well now as he was then. So they're not going to put him through that. Pity.

Rich Ricci

Don't think O'Leary would switch after coming out so swiftly to defend him yesterday. They haven't got any real leading contenders in the graded races at the festival so might not be that concerned. (Not sure on the handicaps)

Also the timing of the Tiger Roll announcement is no coincidence IMO. Clear deflection tactic which nobody has really got too worked up over because it was obvious Tiger Roll couldn't win the national given his recent runs

Hard to see where all this ends up for Elliot. The social media brigade won't rest until he's gone completely. The photo is horrible but should one moment of poor judgement ruin a lifetimes work? Would a ban say 3-6 months and hefty fine be sufficient? I think so....Also there are a lot of stable staff working at Elliots who lose out it he goes under. They are probably the forgotten people in this.

Taylor

What rule has he broken to warrant a fine/ban?

Bringing the sport into disrepute?

Rich Ricci

Yeah it would appear that's the most likely charge he'll be facing going from my limited knowledge. Don't think there's a precedent for banning lads for posing on top of dead horses.

delgany

Quote from: Rich Ricci on March 02, 2021, 04:07:29 PM
Yeah it would appear that's the most likely charge he'll be facing going from my limited knowledge. Don't think there's a precedent for banning lads for posing on top of dead horses.

Talking about flogging a dead horse ....