Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

In the Onion Bag

To all on this thread.Have a great day tomorrow in Dublin regardless of the outcome and I hope we bring Sam home. 

Regardless of the result tomorrow is about the great game. Bear in mind that its not only our players that represent the County, we, the fans, do as well. 

If we win do it with with grace and if we lose do it in the same manner.  Be Gael-like and friendly to you the Cork folk you will meet.
Down are rightly a prouid GAA county and I hate to see assholes wearing red&black damaging what we are.  Keep the flag flying. 

Pangurban

MCMLX

Well said indeed onion. Win lose or draw tomorrow we should stay on to the bitter end and show our appreciation for this Down team. They have put the pride back into Down football again. Regardless of tomorrows result we are back and should be around for the next few years.
See you all in Dublin in the morning. I`m not going to get much sleep.

Square Ball

Quote from: In the Onion Bag on September 18, 2010, 11:04:10 PM
To all on this thread.Have a great day tomorrow in Dublin regardless of the outcome and I hope we bring Sam home. 

Regardless of the result tomorrow is about the great game. Bear in mind that its not only our players that represent the County, we, the fans, do as well. 

If we win do it with with grace and if we lose do it in the same manner.  Be Gael-like and friendly to you the Cork folk you will meet.
Down are rightly a prouid GAA county and I hate to see assholes wearing red&black damaging what we are.  Keep the flag flying.
Here here, anyone is there to represent their club, county and province so do it with pride.

Drink sensibly
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

13aside

Hope everyone has a great day at Croker,gets home safe and enjovs this wonderfully  unique occasion in Irish sport,making room for an extra passenger on the way home  who will be very welcome,he wont say a word, is a shing example to the GAA,and will be the talk of the country(and town)--UP DOWN-DOWN FOR SAM!!! By the way that great Kildare footballer Larry Tomkins reckons the match will be over by half-time and he can go for a pint at the interval--THINK ON

lenny

Gutted. Why was mccomiskey taken off, thought he was having a great game. Just lost out too badly in the middle third.

Long Ball

They done us proud and didn't let us down- I hope all true Down Gaels come out tomorrow and welcome the boys home as they have given us a summer we never believed we would have!
Drive yer boot in her!!

Dún Dún

Great to see Down flags on the Ormeau road around Rosetta.

Wonder how long before some dickhead takes them down.

Pangurban

Get out tomorrow night lads and give our team a rousing reception home, we owe them that much, they done us proud

Hillbilly

Quote from: lenny on September 19, 2010, 09:02:23 PM
Gutted. Why was mccomiskey taken off, thought he was having a great game. Just lost out too badly in the middle third.
lenny,Down were great .  I sat home in Derry and watched the 2 games on tv but would agree with you about mccomiskey and poland i would have taken off j clarke and put big Dan up to FF for the last 10 but thats football,so lenny its could be worse you could be a Derryman ;D

Long Ball

How were benny and McVeigh left out of the RTE team of the year? Unbelievable
Drive yer boot in her!!

Johnnie99

Well done to St Johns who won the junior 7s at St Judes on saturday

MCMLX

Quote from: Pangurban on September 20, 2010, 02:04:56 AM
Get out tomorrow night lads and give our team a rousing reception home, we owe them that much, they done us proud

We`re all still proud of what these lads have achieved, I hope that we get a good turn out this evening in Newry and Castlewellan

knockitdown

Wat time are the team coming through newry??

MCMLX