Club Tyrone - Garvaghy Patron

Started by ceol agus peil, October 04, 2009, 11:02:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ceol agus peil

A Garvaghy Patron
... is someone who commits to give £5,000 to the Garvaghey project. Being a Garvaghey Patron represents a major commitment to both the GAA and to Tyrone. We'll mark that commitment in modest but meaningful ways. Each Garvaghey Patron will:

Be publicly acknowledged and honoured as part of the fabric of the Garvaghey building

Have the opportunity for five years to buy two tickets for every all-ticket game involving Tyrone

Be presented with a unique Garvaghey Patron polo shirt

Receive a Garvaghey Patron's card entitling them to free admission for five years to every game controlled by the Tyrone County GAA Committee

Receive a personalised plaque marking their contribution and a Club Tyrone Patron lapel badge.   

This costs £1000 a year. If you are already are a Club Tyrone member it will be double the comitment. They give you a plaque, t shirt and a badge (FFS Hardly worth £5000). They give you the opportunity to purchase 2 tickets to Tyrone inter county games which is a privilege granted to you usually from your club for most games. The only significant reward is the " Patrons Card". If this card cost £500 along with Club Tyrone membership (Most fanatics are members) this means if you attend 125 games at a rate of £4 your investment will pay off. However if the new back door system comes into force during the next 5 years you may not attend 125 games controlled by the committee because of games may be scheduled at the same time at several venues. It's a difficult call to make. Is it worth the extra £500?

Sent from my iphone

orangeman

Quote from: ceol agus peil on October 04, 2009, 11:02:42 PM
A Garvaghy Patron
... is someone who commits to give £5,000 to the Garvaghey project. Being a Garvaghey Patron represents a major commitment to both the GAA and to Tyrone. We'll mark that commitment in modest but meaningful ways. Each Garvaghey Patron will:

Be publicly acknowledged and honoured as part of the fabric of the Garvaghey building

Have the opportunity for five years to buy two tickets for every all-ticket game involving Tyrone

Be presented with a unique Garvaghey Patron polo shirt

Receive a Garvaghey Patron's card entitling them to free admission for five years to every game controlled by the Tyrone County GAA Committee

Receive a personalised plaque marking their contribution and a Club Tyrone Patron lapel badge.   

This costs £1000 a year. If you are already are a Club Tyrone member it will be double the comitment. They give you a plaque, t shirt and a badge (FFS Hardly worth £5000). They give you the opportunity to purchase 2 tickets to Tyrone inter county games which is a privilege granted to you usually from your club for most games. The only significant reward is the " Patrons Card". If this card cost £500 along with Club Tyrone membership (Most fanatics are members) this means if you attend 125 games at a rate of £4 your investment will pay off. However if the new back door system comes into force during the next 5 years you may not attend 125 games controlled by the committee because of games may be scheduled at the same time at several venues. It's a difficult call to make. Is it worth the extra £500?

Is it worth the first £500 ?

These things are designed to raise additional monies - I can't see many people sitting down and working out if it is going to be a good move to pay an extra £500 or not.

Club Tyrone is made up of memebers who are passionate sbout Tyrone and are lucky enough to be able to afford the £500 a year membership fee. The Garvaghey Patrons club will made up of people who are lucky enough to be able to afford £1000 a year.

Rois

Orangeman, you're completely correct.  The idea of the patronage scheme is not to give £1k per annum worth of benefits to the patron, and if you're going to pay it, it won't generally be for the tshirt. 

The blunt issue is that Garvaghey has to be paid for.  I'm gathering together a group of cousins and we're all going to stick in a tenner a month each and put it in the name of our family.  A very affordable way of getting the family involved and getting the lasting tribute on the wall in Garvaghey.

orangeman

Is there going to be a finite number of patrons ?

Fear ón Srath Bán

Will all CT members be notified as a matter of routine Rois?
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Rois

Finite number of patrons - yes. 

Fear, presume you haven't got the brochure yet, I got mine on Fri/Sat - checked your address and they have the right one this time.  They were sent out at the end of last week.

There's a launch event on Thursday if you're interested in coming up to it, at Kelly's.  Bit of hike I suppose.

Fear ón Srath Bán

OK Rois, thanks, it might well have arrived by now - I haven't checked Friday or this morning's post yet.

Bit too much of a hike on Thursday perhaps, though would be tempted.

tyroneboi

Another innovative idea from Club Tyrone for funding for Garvaghy:

http://www.tyronegaa.ie/countyboard/news/story.jsp?newsid=884

Certainly something that the ordinary fan can do to contribute towards the project.

Rois

Quote from: tyroneboi on October 05, 2009, 10:42:37 PM
Another innovative idea from Club Tyrone for funding for Garvaghy:

http://www.tyronegaa.ie/countyboard/news/story.jsp?newsid=884

Certainly something that the ordinary fan can do to contribute towards the project.

I see a few (past and present) board contributors have been busy on the pixels already (check out Brian Dooher's jersey  ;) )

orangeman

Quote from: Rois on October 05, 2009, 05:06:32 PM
Finite number of patrons - yes

Fear, presume you haven't got the brochure yet, I got mine on Fri/Sat - checked your address and they have the right one this time.  They were sent out at the end of last week.

There's a launch event on Thursday if you're interested in coming up to it, at Kelly's.  Bit of hike I suppose.

How many ?

ONeill

Rois, I'm always impressed with those little publications you send out. They're perfectly presented and above and beyond what you'd expect (although there were a couple of dodgy semi-colons!!)

I see Mark Conway's back on board or was he never away?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Rois

There's a few great guys responsible for the publications - the fact that it's voluntary is the absolute icing on the cake.

Mark took a break for a while but when he's needed most, he's back on board. 

Coming down on Thurs night O'Neill?

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: ONeill on October 06, 2009, 09:38:58 AM
Rois, I'm always impressed with those little publications you send out. They're perfectly presented and above and beyond what you'd expect...

Agreed, top-notch.

Rois

under the bar

QuoteFinite number of patrons - yes. 

Can't really see it reaching the point whereby CT say "Sorry we've enough Patrons and for that reason we can't accept your patronage but will take the £1000 thanks very much"

Where do I get one of the brochures?  Would definitely consider a family donation.