Android Boxes

Started by snoopdog, July 30, 2015, 09:49:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MoChara

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on November 06, 2019, 02:00:54 PM
As with other streaming devices is Now TV about 90 seconds behind the live action?

nothing worse than watching a match you're interersted in and your phone is pinging you that there was a goal and now youre just sitting wiating to see it

Itchy

Quote from: MoChara on November 07, 2019, 11:23:41 AM
As with other streaming devices is Now TV about 90 seconds behind the live action?

nothing worse than watching a match you're interersted in and your phone is pinging you that there was a goal and now youre just sitting wiating to see it

eh, turn off your phone?

Cavan19

Quote from: Itchy on November 07, 2019, 11:49:39 AM

eh, turn off your phone?

Or the goal alerts

Dougal Maguire

eh, turn off your phone?
Difficult to do if you're watching on your phone
Careful now

Solo_run

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on November 07, 2019, 12:54:23 PM

eh, turn off your phone?

What phone have your got?

Itchy

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on November 07, 2019, 12:54:23 PM

eh, turn off your phone?

Turn off the alerts then. If your expectation is that you want to stream video in real time with no delay then you should go back to SKY through satelite as no streaming service can offer you that. In fact, there is even a delay through SKY. Ever been in a pub where one tv is showing a GAA match on RTE through SAORview and the other showing RTE through SKY

tbrick18

Might be the wrong thread, but seems like people on here would know the craic anyway.
My normal way of watching content up until very recently was to use the Showbox app on my android phone and cast via localcast to a chromecast.
Always worked a treat. But Showbox has been down for a few weeks now and I'm getting withdrawal.

In the past I have used CartoonHD app on the android in the same way. The app seems to be working with plenty of content displayed, but when I try playing or casting any titles I get a Can't play video message.
Does anyone know if CartoonHD is down too?

Main question, any alternatives to Showbox or CartoonHD? I'm not really after live streaming, but I like the concept of choosing from a library. Especially this time of year for Xmas movies for the kids.

Any help appreciated.

laoislad

teatv working well for me on my android box
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

take_yer_points

Teatv a direct replacement for those other apps on your android phone as well and cast to the tv

square_ball

Anyone able to recommenced an android box? Would one of those ones for around £20 I've seen on eBay do the job ok?

AZOffaly

Anyone got a solid link for TeaTV apk? My provider is fully back up this past few weeks with Live TV, which is great, but the VOD section is deceased and not coming back according to them.

tbrick18

I'll give TeaTv a go.
Thanks all!

ctrallying

Quote from: square_ball on November 18, 2019, 11:02:41 AM
Anyone able to recommenced an android box? Would one of those ones for around £20 I've seen on eBay do the job ok?

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/amazon-fire-tv-stick-4k-ultra-hd-with-alexa-voice-remote-2999-at-amazon-via-alexa-3333805

Best value for money at minute,loads of videos on you tube on how to set it up.

lurganblue

MovieHD still working for me too

tyrone girl

Cyberflix been brilliant for me. Much the same as what showbox would have done.