Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PMG1

Moy didn't field in the reserves today, it's a disgrace for a division one club in the first game of the season, no excuses could allow for that, I am sure there is plenty of recently retired lads who would step in and play a game even if it's just for a bit of craic. I am well past my playing days and could hardly run the length of myself but I would still tog our and play a game rather than have my team not being able to field. Doesn't bode well for their division one chances.

SkillfulBill

Reality is if your not capable of fielding a competitive reserve team in div 1 your on a hiding to nothing can't believe they can't muster up 15 even if they are 15 minors.  There is a reason Audie jumped ship.

Tyrone Gaa

There still on the beer, no time for football lol
Living the dream!!!

bigtogs

i counted today Moy had 12 subs and they could not field a reserve team....i also talked to a couple of their supporters and the said full back retired chb retired some other man retired what a yapping match...... frig them our senior tem played with out 7/8 of the team that beat Dromore in championship last year,typical moy a dungbag of an outfit never will really be counted seriously as a senior club!!!!

PMG1

Quote from: bigtogs on March 31, 2018, 11:05:30 PM
i counted today Moy had 12 subs and they could not field a reserve team....i also talked to a couple of their supporters and the said full back retired chb retired some other man retired what a yapping match...... frig them our senior tem played with out 7/8 of the team that beat Dromore in championship last year,typical moy a dungbag of an outfit never will really be counted seriously as a senior club!!!!

How would those 12 subs feel, if I was one of those and not getting a reserve game I would jack it in, if they have 12 subs now I bet by may they won't have 5

bigtogs

Quote from: PMG1 on March 31, 2018, 11:14:12 PM
Quote from: bigtogs on March 31, 2018, 11:05:30 PM

How would those 12 subs feel, if I was one of those and not getting a reserve game I would jack it in, if they have 12 subs now I bet by may they won't have 5

Clonoe.Coalisland Fianna,Dromore,Omagh,Carickmore,Trillick  and the likes would have fielded by hell or high water.....

Tyrone Gaa

Did a bit of digging, I'm told there are 8 senior starters out injured and a number of them were in the bench today, they have an U21 championship final coming up which was considered and the senior team takes 18 players so they didn't have the numbers.

They always have Conceded reserve fixtures, I don't think they fulfilled all their fixtures last year. The depth is definitely lacking.
Living the dream!!!

bigtogs

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on March 31, 2018, 11:41:27 PM
Did a bit of digging, I'm told there are 8 senior starters out injured and a number of them were in the bench today, they have an U21 championship final coming up which was considered and the senior team takes 18 players so they didn't have the numbers.

They always have Conceded reserve fixtures, I don't think they fulfilled all their fixtures last year. The depth is definitely lacking.

Under 21 grade 2 fnal which they won last year bow wow..... being a Senior team and acting like a senior club  should be of the upmost importance... what a shower of yaps they are my god....

The Trap

Performances of the day:
Div 1 derrylaughan
Div 2 tatts
Div 3 clogher

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: The Trap on April 01, 2018, 12:07:20 AM
Performances of the day:
Div 1 derrylaughan
Div 2 tatts
Div 3 clogher

Hard to argue with that, Eglish had a big win as well, although not unexpected it's set them up nicely for what the promotion they looked likely for all last season.
Living the dream!!!

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: bigtogs on March 31, 2018, 11:47:53 PM
Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on March 31, 2018, 11:41:27 PM

Under 21 grade 2 fnal which they won last year bow wow..... being a Senior team and acting like a senior club  should be of the upmost importance... what a shower of yaps they are my god....

Haven't heard anyone cry about not being able to field a reserve team, the game was conceded, 0 points. Onto next week and if it's conceded again it will still be 0 points. Their reserve team won't be relegated, maybe judging on today's result their seniors will.
Living the dream!!!

BigFatFan

As a neutral at the moy game yesterday looking to see what clonoe are looking like and how moy would fare back in div 1: Moy had a good first half and hung in there and especially blooding what looked a lot of you lads; they gave a good account of themselves but for 10 minutes in the 2nd half. Get a couple of boys back in and it will give a different complexion to their game.

Clonoe on the other hand looked very threatening going forward but slightly vulnerable at the back. Couple of men to come back in and will be contending at the end of the season on both title fronts!

Any word if danny mc nulty has packed it in? Big loss if he has

In hiding

Very little on here after Saturdays league games. I was in Derrylaughan. Good battling performance from the home team but at the death Ronan O Neill hit a great equaliser. Unspectacular start to the year from Omagh but a fair few men to come into the team. Mc Kindless could be entertaining along the sidelines again this year

vallankumous

Quote from: bigtogs on March 31, 2018, 11:47:53 PM

Yes. These fellas are all ireland intermediate champions. If they go back down and challenge for that again it makes a mockery of it. Pretending to improve isn't enough.

PMG1

Damian Barton must be trying to bring a physical element to Edendork as they were trying to throw their weight about big time in Dromore (not the best place to come and try that). They are not a bad side and will definitely trouble a lot of teams, final score line didn't do them justice as Dromores goals came late on.