Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrone95

Championship draw this day week apparently. With Healy Park out of action from the start of the summer. Who is likely to host the big games/ county finals?

skeog

Carrickmore the front runner always well run on big match days.

GetOverTheBar

I'd imagine the County Final will be in the Athletic Grounds.

Tyrone95

Quote from: skeog on February 13, 2020, 04:49:03 PM
Carrickmore the front runner always well run on big match days.

I suppose they let Omagh play county finals on their home pitch, no reason why this year should be no different...  ;)

skeog

Dont think Carmen be togging out final day.But you never can tell would love to see MP get a senior medal.

Eire90

Eire90

GetOverTheBar

The_Slug

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on February 14, 2020, 09:18:40 AM
Quote from: Eire90 on February 14, 2020, 04:37:57 AM
Does every club have floodlights

No. Infact very few do.

i was thinking about this also, does this mean there will be no friday night championship games this season... I can't see the use of the athletic grounds being a go-to option

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: The_Slug on February 14, 2020, 09:32:47 AM

No. Infact very few do.

i was thinking about this also, does this mean there will be no friday night championship games this season... I can't see the use of the athletic grounds being a go-to option

Depends really, Fintona and the Dungannon Hurling pitch last year were really the saviours of the Championship. This year could be different with the lack of qualifiers maybe easing up the club calender but you would still have to expect Senior Championship will not be to September no matter how Tyrone do so I would expect any Friday night game to be at either of those locations. We might return to the days of 4 games Saturday and the same Sunday.

bogball88

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on February 14, 2020, 09:40:21 AM

No. Infact very few do.

Depends really, Fintona and the Dungannon Hurling pitch last year were really the saviours of the Championship. This year could be different with the lack of qualifiers maybe easing up the club calender but you would still have to expect Senior Championship will not be to September no matter how Tyrone do so I would expect any Friday night game to be at either of those locations. We might return to the days of 4 games Saturday and the same Sunday.
Stewartstown could be used also

Onthe40

Stewartstown proved a great venue, great pitch..lot of east Tyrone games played mid week last year

GaaFanatic123

No. Infact very few do.

I don't think Healy park is closing now this season, change of plans, but time will tell

WT4E

Quote from: Onthe40 on February 14, 2020, 11:45:00 AM
Stewartstown proved a great venue, great pitch..lot of east Tyrone games played mid week last year

It was a fantastic venue however would only cater fro Junior and some intermediate. Atmosphere was great due to spectator set up.
We had a junior champo game their with a reasonable big crowd there and it was tight goin for parking and getting into game on time.

giveherlong

Quote from: GaaFanatic123 on February 14, 2020, 12:15:28 PM

No. Infact very few do.

I don't think Healy park is closing now this season, change of plans, but time will tell

Omagh not up for contributing enough cash?