O’Byrne Cup 2019-2020

Started by thejuice, December 04, 2019, 01:40:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thejuice

Here we go. Christmas comes early this year with the return of the OBC early December.

O'Byrne Cup S.F. 2020

Group 1 – Kildare, Longford, Carlow & Wicklow

Group 2 – Laois, Offaly & Wexford

Group 3 – Meath, Louth & Westmeath

Dates: Dec 7, Dec 14, Jan 4. Semi-finals Jan 11. Final Jan 17/18

We're out against Louth this weekend. Very young team with some good prospects lining out including Costello, Toner and Jack O'Connor. Hard to know they'll fare, depends on how Louth are treating this.

Meath (O'Byrne Cup SF v Louth) –

Dominic Yorke;

Robin Clarke, Brian Conlon, David Toner;
Gavin McCoy, Eoin Lynch, Sean Reilly;

Bryan Menton, Donal Keogan;

Jack O'Connor, Darragh Campion, Jason Scully;
Jordan Morris, Thomas O'Reilly, Mathew Costello.

Subs: Harry Hogan, James Conlon, Oisin O'Brien, Thomas Murtagh, Ben Brennan, Shane Walsh, Caolach Halligan, Conor McGill.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Blowitupref

Quote from: Rossfan on December 04, 2019, 03:40:07 PM
Dublin banned from it?

They opted out. First game for the new Dublin manager will be v Kerry on  Saturday, January 25 in the NFL.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

fearsiuil

Quote from: Blowitupref on December 04, 2019, 04:18:11 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on December 04, 2019, 03:40:07 PM
Dublin banned from it?

They opted out. First game for the new Dublin manager will be v Kerry on  Saturday, January 25 in the NFL.
Think Dublin got bye straight to semi-final.

thejuice

They did last year anyway. No mention of them this year but probably the same.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

thejuice

It will be interesting to see Keoghan at midfield and attacking from a position closer to goals. Might have a bit more energy to him then. Though his goal chance against Mayo still haunts me.

Cunny Funt

So the Jack O'Connor era with Kildare starts off with a 6 point defeat at home to Longford.

Shamrock Shore

I was in Newbridge. Not a bad game but Longford were worth the 6 pt win. Great crowd. Over 1,500 I'd say. LOL - they only printed 200 'programs' so they weren't expecting many.

Traffic in Newbridge was animals

seafoid

It must be weird going to watch the O'Byrne cup before Christmas, when Quality Street are still attractive. The calendar is trína chéile.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

thejuice

The league used to be on this time of year.

Longford in December are on a different level to the rest.

Shamrock Shore

Quote from: thejuice on December 07, 2019, 08:36:22 PM
The league used to be on this time of year.

Longford in December are on a different level to the rest.

Taking over from Kildare so....peaking in January  ::)

Rossfan

I bet the Longford manager came cheaper than Kildare's one....m
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Shamrock Shore

Quote from: Rossfan on December 07, 2019, 10:12:54 PM
I bet the Longford manager came cheaper than Kildare's one....m

Lillies shouldn't panic yet..........in Jack O'Connor's first game as Kerry manager Longford beat them in the League (2004) and Kerry went on to win the League and the All Ireland so there's hope.

There was no sign of Daniel Flynn yesterday - despite being named as full forward on each of the 200 programs that were printed (printed is a loose term, it was a single page photocopy that the hoors charged €1 for). Methinks it was a ploy to get in punters as Flynn, on his game, is a class act. Hardly anywhere near inter county level at the moment surely.

Daniel Mimnagh for Longford yesterday was immense. I think he scored 1-05. Mickey Quinn was pulling lots of strings as well until he had to go off after a wee collision which may have caused a slight concussion.

Football in Dec - I love it. I used to love the 3 league games before Christmas back in the olden days. Hope the players like it too.

thejuice

Full time

Louth 1-09
Meath 0-10