Laois Senior Football Championship 2016

Started by Heshs Umpire, March 04, 2016, 10:32:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unlaoised

The Line ups for the finals will be along the lines of this I reckon ...

Cotter is nearly certainly out

Shiel is struggling for Stradbally

Stradbally
D.Beale
Kavanagh
Knowles
Murphy
Delaney
Buggie
C.Beale

Maher
Begley

Ramsbottom
Comerford
Conor Delaney
Shiel
Dillion
Kelly

Portlaoise
Brody
Seale
Healy
Finn
Mulligan
Lillis
Dillion

Nerney
Boyle

Kelly
Smith
Glynn
Cahillane
Rogers
Bruno

I expect Portlaoise to have too much for them and will go for a scoreline of Portlaoise 2-14 stradbally 1-9
LAOIS ABÚ

Tony

Quote from: Unlaoised on October 05, 2016, 01:00:14 PM
Portlaoise
Brody
Seale
Healy
Finn
Mulligan
Lillis
Dillion

Nerney
Boyle

Kelly
Smith
Glynn
Cahillane
Rogers
Bruno

That team could easily line out for Laois in the O Byrne Cup and do reasonably well. The point being : Portlaoise have good strenght all round the field in key areas : Stradbally are missing 4-5 players to compete at P'Laoise's level. The likes of Rogers, Boyle and Cahilane really excel at club level - Bruno too. Pity they don't have that extra gear in pace and athleticism required for the county. I've always thought Glynn could be good enough to work into the Laois side - he's got a very good football brain.

Anyway - Portlaoise by 7.

LaoisHeart

I have seen all of portlaoise games this year and I have to say Rogers poor enough by his own standards. Thus far I would give Bruno senior player of the year hands down

Unlaoised

Quote from: LaoisHeart on October 05, 2016, 03:24:51 PM
I have seen all of portlaoise games this year and I have to say Rogers poor enough by his own standards. Thus far I would give Bruno senior player of the year hands down

Can't argue with that I've seen maybe all but 4 games in the whole championship Bruno ,Lillis ,Kingston and Colm Begley have been excellent....
LAOIS ABÚ

town1980

New to this whole set up but by far them lads have been excellent,,,Bruno for me the main man again for portlaoise,,, 35 years of age and runing the show,,, without doinie Kingston the old me of Arles are gone,, joes babbey port I all see over taking kileen kilcruise from Nxt yr on ,,, stradbally looking fit and lean but haven't played against a defensive system yet this will be crucial to see how they react if the town play this way

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Will Zac not be making his annual appearance for Portlaoise this year ??
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

High Fielder

Some of the names being mentioned here won't do at county level. They just don't have the work rate required. All perfectly good footballers, but pace and work rate is miles ahead of club standard. Attride, Begley and Healy are typical of what you need nowadays. You have to work just as hard without the ball as you do with it. On The Forty has said it elsewhere and I agree with him; we need to change how we think about football in Laois.

Don Draper

Quote from: Junior Ex Laoistalk on October 06, 2016, 12:24:15 AM
Not coming home this year.

redsetanta

Portlaoise have been so far ahead that Zac's involvement didn't make much of a difference.

There's great rivalry between the two towns so it will be an interesting final.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Don Draper

Quote from: redsetanta on October 06, 2016, 01:28:47 PM
Portlaoise have been so far ahead that Zac's involvement didn't make much of a difference.
Tell that to Emo

Dave like the tv channel

It's probably time he started thinking about his future career. Playing meaningless club matches could impact in his fitness. What Portlaoise really need is for him to surface later in the year, to help them with a Leinster run.

BobbyBoucherJr

Quote from: Don Draper on October 06, 2016, 11:48:29 AM
Zach is home since last Friday

The Monument Road

Quote from: BobbyBoucherJr on October 10, 2016, 10:34:24 AM
If true it's good to see him home. Always had great time for him since his minor days. Good luck to him if he makes himself available next sunday

Don Draper

Quote from: BobbyBoucherJr on October 10, 2016, 10:34:24 AM
Change of plan so. Contract negotiations still ongoing. Should make it interesting for Sunday.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Was thinking he would make it in time for the final. Still think it is wrong to allow a professional athlete to play in the final of a competition that he had no hand, act or part in up till now and won't be involved in any of the club championship games if they win it. I have nothing but admiration for Zack but I think the ruling on this type of participation is wrong and unfair to whoever they met in the county final.

http://www.hoganstand.com/Laois/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=261877

Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!