The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eamonnca1

Quote from: seafoid on March 03, 2020, 03:25:50 AM
Trump is betting on a strong economy to win.
Coronovirus is sand in his vaseline.

Hence him trying to play it all down. Officials speak right in front of him saying that the number of infections is going to go up, and he comes to the mic and says the number is going to go down. It's almost like he thinks the stock market will just believe any sh1te he comes out with.

Gmac

Quote from: seafoid on February 21, 2020, 05:04:17 AM
Trump has dementia but the GOP need him
The run down to the election is going to be nuts.
if trump has dementia what does joe Biden have ? he can't get through a sentence without making a balls of something and that's the guy Bernie is going to get shafted for . Dementia is far from a laughing matter and joe should not be out there under that pressure.

seafoid

Quote from: Gmac on March 03, 2020, 10:55:14 PM
if trump has dementia what does joe Biden have ? he can't get through a sentence without making a balls of something and that's the guy Bernie is going to get shafted for . Dementia is far from a laughing matter and joe should not be out there under that pressure.
I agree
Biden and Trump both seem to have dementia.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

RedHand88

Quote from: seafoid on March 03, 2020, 11:04:44 PM
I agree
Biden and Trump both seem to have dementia.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WqS4m-8B4IQ

screenexile

Mike's gone... looks like it's Orange Don and Sleepy Joe!!

J70

Where is the evidence Bernie is going to get shafted?

Will I be shafting him when I hold my nose and vote for Biden in the NY primary? Biden is not my preferred choice, but Bernie IS my least-preferred.

seafoid

The US is a plutocracy. The Democratic Party is as corrupt as the GOP.

https://www.ft.com/content/43af1416-5493-11ea-90ad-25e377c0ee1f

...whether the 78-year-old billionaire can salvage his campaign, including through a stronger performance in the next debate on Tuesday, or whether, after spending more than $400m of his vast fortune so far

https://www.ft.com/content/73b3ebfe-5e21-11ea-8033-fa40a0d65a98

Lynn Forester de Rothschild, the wealthy Democratic donor, said that Mr Bloomberg has entered the race with "the best of intentions" but called on him to divert his resources to Mr Biden. "[Mr Bloomberg] is devoted to defeating Trump and [had] worried that Sanders and Biden could not do it. Biden has now rallied and found his connection to the American people," she added. "I hope that Mike will realise that his best role at this point is to use his vast resources to support Joe Biden.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Gmac

Quote from: J70 on March 04, 2020, 03:52:50 PM

Will I be shafting him when I hold my nose and vote for Biden in the NY primary? Biden is not my preferred choice, but Bernie IS my least-preferred.
the other candidates pulling out the day before Super Tuesday and backing Biden was a coincidence I suppose , vote for who you want to j70 it's a free country I'm sure Bernie won't take it personally. As a side note that guy from the young Turks ran for Congress in Los Angeles yesterday and got his arse handed to him .

Eamonnca1

Quote from: seafoid on March 04, 2020, 04:54:20 PM
The US is a plutocracy. The Democratic Party is as corrupt as the GOP.

https://www.ft.com/content/43af1416-5493-11ea-90ad-25e377c0ee1f

...whether the 78-year-old billionaire can salvage his campaign, including through a stronger performance in the next debate on Tuesday, or whether, after spending more than $400m of his vast fortune so far

https://www.ft.com/content/73b3ebfe-5e21-11ea-8033-fa40a0d65a98

Lynn Forester de Rothschild, the wealthy Democratic donor, said that Mr Bloomberg has entered the race with "the best of intentions" but called on him to divert his resources to Mr Biden. "[Mr Bloomberg] is devoted to defeating Trump and [had] worried that Sanders and Biden could not do it. Biden has now rallied and found his connection to the American people," she added. "I hope that Mike will realise that his best role at this point is to use his vast resources to support Joe Biden.

Well he's pulled out now, so I hope he puts his money into something helpful.

Eamonnca1

Warren should have pulled out before Tuesday and backed Bernie, just like the establishment candidates pulled out and supported Biden. She split the progressive vote and will deserve some of the blame for undermining Sanders. Shame that MA votes on Super Tuesday. She probably wanted to see how she did in her own state.

J70

Quote from: Gmac on March 04, 2020, 05:54:07 PM

the other candidates pulling out the day before Super Tuesday and backing Biden was a coincidence I suppose , vote for who you want to j70 it's a free country I'm sure Bernie won't take it personally. As a side note that guy from the young Turks ran for Congress in Los Angeles yesterday and got his arse handed to him .

The other candidates seeing the light after making absolutely no impact in SC and deciding against splitting the moderate vote any further is NOT cheating Sanders. It's simply acknowledging reality and something that has happened numerous times in other primaries, both Republican and Democratic, without whining, whether sincere or not, about one candidate or another getting fucked.

If anything, Bernie has benefited from the crowded field to date as he is far to the left of everyone else, with the arguable exception of Warren on healthcare, and has seen the moderate vote splintered among a rake of other contenders, none of whom could stand above the rest until SC gave Biden a second chance after a poor few months.

Of course, it suits the right, especially Trump, to claim Bernie is getting cheated, as he is the one they would like to face and depict as a horrible, monstrous, commie, anti-American extremist.

Gmac

Quote from: J70 on March 04, 2020, 06:13:25 PM

The other candidates seeing the light after making absolutely no impact in SC and deciding against splitting the moderate vote any further is NOT cheating Sanders. It's simply acknowledging reality and something that has happened numerous times in other primaries, both Republican and Democratic, without whining, whether sincere or not, about one candidate or another getting fucked.

If anything, Bernie has benefited from the crowded field to date as he is far to the left of everyone else, with the arguable exception of Warren on healthcare, and has seen the moderate vote splintered among a rake of other contenders, none of whom could stand above the rest until SC gave Biden a second chance after a poor few months.

Of course, it suits the right, especially Trump, to claim Bernie is getting cheated, as he is the one they would like to face and depict as a horrible, monstrous, commie, anti-American extremist.
if there was a straight up popular vote who would win ?

J70

Quote from: Gmac on March 04, 2020, 07:04:11 PM
Quote from: J70 on March 04, 2020, 06:13:25 PM

if there was a straight up popular vote who would win ?

Bernie v Biden - Biden
Bernie v Trump - Trump
Biden v Trump - not sure

Gmac

Bernie v Biden
Trump beats Bernie but he might struggle to beat joe if joe can keep it together

J70

Quote from: Gmac on March 04, 2020, 07:21:15 PM
Bernie v Biden
Trump beats Bernie but he might struggle to beat joe if joe can keep it together

Biden would be more likely to take back places like PA and Michigan.

But, that's if he can stand toe to toe with a dirty brawler like Trump and prevail over whatever is coming, bullshit or otherwise, vis a vis his son in the Ukraine.