A United Ireland. Opening up the discussion.

Started by winghalfback, May 27, 2015, 03:16:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedHand88

Quote from: ned on April 06, 2018, 10:57:40 AM
Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on April 05, 2018, 11:00:46 PM
Quote from: mrdeeds on April 05, 2018, 10:33:12 PM
Just watched the Paddy Kielty programme. Very good.

No greater incentive for a United Ireland. Make it happen and Arlene will leave!

Two things from her comments, if she doesn't get her own way she'll throw toys out of the pram and she couldn't give an eff about the 'ordinary' unionist. Self serving p***k.

I thought it was very telling of her character. Rather than try to build a future for Unionists within a new ireland she would sod off to london or somewhere and abandon the people that got her where she is.

GJL

Quote from: RedHand88 on April 06, 2018, 11:04:08 AM
Quote from: ned on April 06, 2018, 10:57:40 AM
Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on April 05, 2018, 11:00:46 PM
Quote from: mrdeeds on April 05, 2018, 10:33:12 PM
Just watched the Paddy Kielty programme. Very good.

No greater incentive for a United Ireland. Make it happen and Arlene will leave!

Two things from her comments, if she doesn't get her own way she'll throw toys out of the pram and she couldn't give an eff about the 'ordinary' unionist. Self serving p***k.

I thought it was very telling of her character. Rather than try to build a future for Unionists within a new ireland she would sod off to london or somewhere and abandon the people that got her where she is.

Good enough, and hopefully plenty of people who think on the same level as her will follow as all they will bring to the table is negativity.

yellowcard

It shows the mentality of Arlene Foster that a grown woman in her fifties with family would up roots and leave her own land and the people she purports to represent. It's well and good for her saying that because she would have the financial means and the wherewithal to survive elsewhere but impoverished working class unionists may not. What happens if say Scotland choose to leave the UK and it gets broken up. Would she cecome English. Scottish or Welsh?   

Rossfan

SNP people are saying that Scotland needs to be Independent before a United Ireland comes about so they can stop Arlene  thousands of other bigots from the North landing on them.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Tubberman

Don't be too hopeful lads. Ray Darcy proclaimed he would emigrate if Enda Kenny ever became Taoiseach.  Enda is gone and we're still being subjected to that baldy bollox on the radio and the telly!
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Dire Ear

Quote from: yellowcard on April 06, 2018, 11:38:34 AM
It shows the mentality of Arlene Foster that a grown woman in her fifties with family would up roots and leave her own land and the people she purports to represent. It's well and good for her saying that because she would have the financial means and the wherewithal to survive elsewhere but impoverished working class unionists may not. What happens if say Scotland choose to leave the UK and it gets broken up. Would she cecome English. Scottish or Welsh?
V good

RedHand88

Quote from: Tubberman on April 06, 2018, 12:02:31 PM
Don't be too hopeful lads. Ray Darcy proclaimed he would emigrate if Enda Kenny ever became Taoiseach.  Enda is gone and we're still being subjected to that baldy bollox on the radio and the telly!

How many Holywood celebrities said they would leave if Trump became president? How many are still lounging in their multi million Malibu condos?

Eamonnca1

I'd love to see Arlene moving to England where everyone would call her "Paddy."

BennyCake

Arlene said it's not going to happen, then said it won't happen any time soon. That's not the same thing.

To be honest, Paddy went around Belfast asking about no assembly, people saying get the fnger out etc. To be honest, I think the place would be better off without the daily spewing of shite from politicans on both sides. Papers, TV, radio, Nolan, talkback etc. I mean, what have they done abyway? Any decisions, put it to the people in referenda. It'd be cheaper than paying that shower of bollixes. And at least you'd get results.

Owen Brannigan

Adams has just sanctioned a continuation of republican violence and a resumption at any time in the future if things don't go to his plan:

http://www.spiegel.de/international/europe/gerry-adams-a-1201660.html

Does Mary Lou agree with his position on the use of violence? No doubt his appointee in the North will agree.

Not much attempt here at reconciliation or bringing a United Ireland about by consent as agreed in the GFA.

tiempo

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on April 07, 2018, 03:10:00 PM
Adams has just sanctioned a continuation of republican violence and a resumption at any time in the future if things don't go to his plan:

Does Mary Lou agree with his position on the use of violence? No doubt his appointee in the North will agree.

Not much attempt here at reconciliation or bringing a United Ireland about by consent as agreed in the GFA.

Quote specifically from the article and I'll believe you.

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: tiempo on April 07, 2018, 04:27:16 PM

Read the article yourself, it is a transcript of an interview with your hero. 

You appear in this thread and in the Arlene thread to have an aversion to reading to broaden your knowledge and want others to provide you with a synopsis of the situation/issue on social media rather than taking time to read for yourself.

tiempo

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on April 07, 2018, 05:34:39 PM

You appear in this thread and in the Arlene thread to have an aversion to reading to broaden your knowledge and want others to provide you with a synopsis of the situation/issue on social media rather than taking time to read for yourself.

I have read it and cant find reference to the claims you make. If you are able to post them i'll believe you. The Arlene thread, some piece of work that, no sign of the quisling West Brit apologists yet to add a bit of balance and defend the misdeeds of numerous consecutive Irish governments, head in sand brigade. I wouldnt say i agree with everything you've said and hopefully i'll get round to replying in detail, neither have you jumped headlong into a lengthy reply without at least referring to similar misdeeds in the north, again something the quislings are incapable of. Bit of balance here and there eh?

charlieTully

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on April 07, 2018, 05:34:39 PM

How on earth do you draw that conclusion from the article?

Rossfan

Owen seems to be seeing what he wants to see.
I believe Trimble has been saying that the Irish Government needs to ease off on its Brexit/no border talk as it might bring Loyalist Paramilitaries/Drug dealers back into action.
1912 threats of violence all over again.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM