The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildweasel74

Ireland pale shadow without Sexton, should try clock a few 3pters, not gun for a try every time . Some amount of knock ons

screenexile

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on March 16, 2024, 06:18:32 PMIreland pale shadow without Sexton, should try clock a few 3pters, not gun fir a try every time . Some amount of knock ons

I don't like that at all... I can remember 10+ years ago ones on here saying Sexton was a downgrade on O'Gara give the lad a chance FFS!!

Wildweasel74

Hes young, well mid 20's but can't control the game, Ireland are ahead here, but haven't been great, way too many mistakes.

Wildweasel74

Wildweasel74

Ireland doing what they should done last week!

Blowitupref

Got the win after a nervy finish.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

gallsman

Two poor performances in a row now. Very different feeling ahead of the SA tour now.

bennydorano

Well done Ireland, 6N titles are not to be sniffed at. I think it was Phil Matthews there made a great point, the WC was an incredible disappointment for Ireland& France, France are only coming out of mourning now, Ireland managed the disappointment better & won the championship from a similar position. They've also started the transition while winning a title. I'd imagine that's the end of Murray & O'Mahoney.

Gael80

Quote from: bennydorano on March 16, 2024, 07:11:51 PMWell done Ireland, 6N titles are not to be sniffed at. I think it was Phil Matthews there made a great point, the WC was an incredible disappointment for Ireland& France, France are only coming out of mourning now, Ireland managed the disappointment better & won the championship from a similar position. They've also started the transition while winning a title. I'd imagine that's the end of Murray & O'Mahoney.

I agree to an extent and delighted to win the championship. However Irish rugby does need to be modest and accept we're at best competitive to take the pressure off.

It was interesting to hear BOD say it's the fourth sport in Ireland and I didn't sense the same arrogance this week.

We can't forgot the Irish system is like a club scene, France wouldn't have spent the same time together post WC so I'm not sure we can compare the two.

This year was a free hit and the next three 6N prior to the WC will be a lot stronger; France and England will certainly be stronger.

Well done Ireland though, deserved to win the championship.

Wildweasel74

We are starting transition, but what Ireland done at the end of the game was excately what they should done last week.

bennydorano

Quote from: Gael80 on March 16, 2024, 07:22:21 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on March 16, 2024, 07:11:51 PMWell done Ireland, 6N titles are not to be sniffed at. I think it was Phil Matthews there made a great point, the WC was an incredible disappointment for Ireland& France, France are only coming out of mourning now, Ireland managed the disappointment better & won the championship from a similar position. They've also started the transition while winning a title. I'd imagine that's the end of Murray & O'Mahoney.

I agree to an extent and delighted to win the championship. However Irish rugby does need to be modest and accept we're at best competitive to take the pressure off.

It was interesting to hear BOD say it's the fourth sport in Ireland and I didn't sense the same arrogance this week.

We can't forgot the Irish system is like a club scene, France wouldn't have spent the same time together post WC so I'm not sure we can compare the two.

This year was a free hit and the next three 6N prior to the WC will be a lot stronger; France and England will certainly be stronger.

It's really only a few high profile journalists/ media people who make the 'arrogant' comments - but then social media takes off in response in all directions and the noise is all amplifying the initial few comments - there's not wholesale arrogance imo, it's more just the nature of gobshitery on twitter.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: bennydorano on March 16, 2024, 07:39:10 PM
Quote from: Gael80 on March 16, 2024, 07:22:21 PM

It's really only a few high profile journalists/ media people who make the 'arrogant' comments - but then social media takes off in response in all directions and the noise is all amplifying the initial few comments - there's not wholesale arrogance imo, it's more just the nature of gobshitery on twitter.
Agree with that Benny. Heaslip etc. made tits of themselves but nobody I know who follows the game thought England would be a pushover. That's old news now. Be interesting to see who returns for the Autumn series and beyond.

gallsman

Terrific game here to close out the championship. England following up last week with plenty of powerful play up front and France showing that they're still going to be a force to be reckoned with once Dupont is back.

Wildweasel74

Both teams way too loose, makes for a great game but falls short against a team like South Africa

gallsman

Probably. Both those performances tonight though might well have beaten Ireland today.