What would you like to do when the pandemic is over?

Started by seafoid, March 26, 2020, 09:19:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rois

Quote from: BennyCake on March 26, 2020, 12:05:50 PM
Quote from: illdecide on March 26, 2020, 11:59:37 AM
Quote from: Rois on March 26, 2020, 11:54:36 AM
When this is done, I am going to do what I had planned to be doing this week - take a week-long holiday in Ireland and eat in Irish restaurants.

Good for you Rois, I hope most people to this. I closed our we shop in town last week (ice-cream parlour) and gave away 160-170 litres of ice-cream to the elderly and people in isolation free of charge. When this is all over I hope the people come back to support the small local businesses who have contributed to their local community during these tough times.

+1

Yes, buy local and holiday local. Get the country back on track.
Having seen how businesses across the island have responded to the situation, just like illdecide there, I will definitely be fully behind a crusade to direct as much of my spending as possible towards them first and foremost.

RedHand88

Get a big fat massive boojum. Then the pub for pints and live football, hopefully to see Liverpool get over the line.

WT4E

Wonder will I get away with an all day rip..... I use to do it when younger but now have a ball and chain and by the time this is over 2 kids (God Willing).

Herself says I shouldnt be at it but surely we should get a hall pass for this one!

Then again I don't even know if I could be bothered!

RedHand88

Whats the chances they make a bank holiday for it when it's over?

marty34

quit yo jibbajabba

Milltown Row2

Obviously seeing the the parents and friends, but a nice date weekend away and with the mistress would be great  ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

screenexile

I'm going for a session in the local first then probably same as that a holiday in Ireland somewhere will need to get away for a few days to blow the cobwebs off after this!!

Orior

1) Play golf every day for 7 days in a row
2) Referee a lady wrestling match
3) Play the piano at the highest grade
4) Steal O'Neill's bagpipes
5) Participate in an orgy
6) Charge people for breathing fresh air
7) Run naked through a shopping centre
8) Infect Mrs Ruth Dudley Edwards with any left overs of the COVID-19
9) Run a 10k
10) Watch Armagh beat Dublin in the Athletic Grounds, in the re-arranged open draw all-Ireland

Sorry, but that's all I can think of at the moment.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

LeoMc

larryin89

Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Eamonnca1

It's going to be weird going to large events again. Sports events, conferences, cinema, theatre, just about everything that we do in proximity to each other. It's going to be hard to get back into it when we're now used to keeping six feet apart from total strangers on the street. The whole world is going to be traumatised by this.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on March 26, 2020, 04:41:13 PM
It's going to be weird going to large events again. Sports events, conferences, cinema, theatre, just about everything that we do in proximity to each other. It's going to be hard to get back into it when we're now used to keeping six feet apart from total strangers on the street. The whole world is going to be traumatised by this.

Surely when it's over there will be a proper vaccine, and  hopefully that will give confidence to people to interact again.

Was strange seeing our best friends there.. they were walking their dog and it was really odd not being us and standing across the street talking to each other, when the natural thing to do was have a hug and be have a proper catch up.

I wonder will the guys who don't have their kids vaccinated be keeping that rule going or will the Gov's enforce a vaccine procedure for everyone?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 26, 2020, 04:48:17 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on March 26, 2020, 04:41:13 PM

Surely when it's over there will be a proper vaccine, and  hopefully that will give confidence to people to interact again.

Was strange seeing our best friends there.. they were walking their dog and it was really odd not being us and standing across the street talking to each other, when the natural thing to do was have a hug and be have a proper catch up.

I wonder will the guys who don't have their kids vaccinated be keeping that rule going or will the Gov's enforce a vaccine procedure for everyone?

I've found the antivaxxers to be a bit quiet of late. I wonder if they're re-thinking their position or just trying to find a way to spin this to bolster their existing beliefs. Most likely the latter.

I have one friend who's an antivaxxer (does a bit of work as a chiropractor, funny the amount of overlap between those two groups) and he posted an article a few weeks ago saying that the threat of a pandemic was overstated, that there was no need to panic, that the regular flu kills more people, etc. He's gone a bit quiet on that now, but he hasn't taken the post down. I've a good mind to go back there and ask him for his latest view just for divilment.