The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

gawa316

Quote from: laoislad on August 04, 2019, 10:05:17 PM
Quote from: gawa316 on August 04, 2019, 10:02:23 PM
Migs away to brugge
Does that make Kelleher Number 2.?

I guess but i would hope some experienced keeper is signed in the next week

gawa316

laoislad

Denn Forever

Should have tried to get Randolph.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

gawa316

Harry Wilson away on loan to Bournemouth for the season

laoislad

Quote from: gawa316 on August 06, 2019, 08:02:57 PM
I think we'll bring someone in before the window shuts.
I see Coutinho being linked with Arsenal and Spurs on loan. Surely he be worth taking back on loan?

gawa316

Quote from: laoislad on August 06, 2019, 09:33:32 PM
I see Coutinho being linked with Arsenal and Spurs on loan. Surely he be worth taking back on loan?

On paper you'd think it would be a no brainer but depends what happened during the whole transfer fiasco to Barca and what taste it left. I could be wrong but didn't the offal just state he left and didn't wish him luck etc? He would also probably becoming back as the highest earner, so how would that go down with the rest of the squad and how would it affect the squad morale that is so important to this team?

Hound

Quote from: laoislad on August 06, 2019, 09:33:32 PM
His agent has held talks with all the top 6 in England. Looks like Spurs and Arsenal are the one's showing interest back

Figures Barca are quoting apparently are (per Sky Sports): 80m to buy or something like 27m a year to loan. Loan fee is way more than I was expecting, so you'd arguably be better buying at those rates.
Barca bought him for 146m.

OurKid 2.0

J70

Quote from: OurKid 2.0 on August 08, 2019, 01:34:14 PM
Happy with the window?

There are no gaping holes to be addressed, unless previous years, although Origi and possibly Brewster will have to step up in the event if injuries up front.

I'm content enough, especially after the second half of the charity shield.

TabClear

Quote from: J70 on August 08, 2019, 06:44:31 PM
Happy with the window?

There are no gaping holes to be addressed, unless previous years, although Origi and possibly Brewster will have to step up in the event if injuries up front.

I'm content enough, especially after the second half of the charity shield.

Hoping Brewster is the real deal because slightly worried about the front 3 if one gets injured for an extended period. I just do not think Orogi is good enough. I would have liked to see a Couthino/Fekir type player come in but the Ox and a fully fit Keita could add a lot offensively to the midfield and the first choice defence is solid. FB cover could be an issue especially at LB as Matip covers CB which frees up Gomez to cover RB with Clyne's injury. LB cover are the two young lads Lewis/Laroucci and Milner which is not ideal.

All in all though looking forward to it. All the other top six teams have strengthened bar Chelsea as have Everton so I dont think the Champions this year will get much above 90 points.

blewuporstuffed

Happy with the window?
Its a difficult window as the first team is strong and bringing in top quality back up players is always a challenge.
i would have liked to see one or two brought in though.
Sessegnon I felt would have been a  good fit, young with potential to improve and could have provided cover for bother Roberston and Mane.
I expected Lovren to move on and a replacement to be brought in there, but hopefully if Gomez can stay injury free,it wont be an issue.
Klopp obviously rates Brewster highly as he is happy enough with him and Origi as cover for Firmino
Hopefully Keita will be better settled and will be the player they thought they were getting last year and along with Ox back, that strengthens the midfield options
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

trueblue1234

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on August 09, 2019, 11:46:12 AM
Happy with the window?
Its a difficult window as the first team is strong and bringing in top quality back up players is always a challenge.
i would have liked to see one or two brought in though.
Sessegnon I felt would have been a  good fit, young with potential to improve and could have provided cover for bother Roberston and Mane.
I expected Lovren to move on and a replacement to be brought in there, but hopefully if Gomez can stay injury free,it wont be an issue.
Klopp obviously rates Brewster highly as he is happy enough with him and Origi as cover for Firmino
Hopefully Keita will be better settled and will be the player they thought they were getting last year and along with Ox back, that strengthens the midfield options

We were always going to have a quieter window this year. I'd rather we waited and spent the money on a signing that's going to make a difference rather than spending 30-40M on a signing that might not be better than what we have. That's one thing Klopp has been good at. He's identified the areas that needed attention and broke the bank to bring in the best out there. I know we won't be able to do that all the time but too often in the past we spent money on squad signings that didn't have potential.   
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

imtommygunn

I expected a central defender to come in but as has been said Gomez might be like a new player anyway.