Parking In Dublin

Started by TacadoirArdMhacha, November 04, 2009, 10:29:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TacadoirArdMhacha

Have to drive to Dublin for work tomorrow. Coming in from M1 and am heading towards Quays area - near the Four Courts and was wondering what's the most inexpensive way to make the journey? Basically looking somewhere with cheap parking and then accessible bus / Dart. Someone suggested parking at Killester Station then getting the Dart in. Is this the best option or does anybody have any other ideas?

Thanks a million in advance.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

The Real Laoislad

Drive to the red cow and get the Luas in
You'll Never Walk Alone.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on November 04, 2009, 10:30:30 PM

Is there parking around there or should I just abandon the Yaris on the roundabout?

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on November 04, 2009, 10:32:11 PM

Is there parking around there or should I just abandon the Yaris on the roundabout?

If I had a Yaris I'd abandon it anywhere in the hope it be stolen... ;)
Yes there is loads of parking in the Luas station...
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

btw its not really a "roundabout" anymore
You'll Never Walk Alone.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on November 04, 2009, 10:33:59 PM
Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on November 04, 2009, 10:32:11 PM

If I had a Yaris I'd abandon it anywhere in the hope it be stolen... ;)
Yes there is loads of parking in the Luas station...

MOT's fast approaching so it'd save me a fortune if somebody would steal it. With cable ties holding up the bumper and duct tape keeping the wing mirror on I don't think its the most attractive target though.

Are these the best directions to where you're talking about LL?

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF8&q=red+cow+hotel+dublin&fb=1&gl=uk&hq=red+cow+hotel&hnear=dublin&view=map&f=d&daddr=Red+Cow+Complex+Nass+Road,+Dublin,+Ireland&geocode=CTeURT818UF0FTIFLgMdWnOg_w

armaghniac

If you are going to the Red Cow remember to pay your M50 toll!
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Shamrock Shore

jazes. Pay your 2.90 per hour on street outside the Four Goldmines. The LUAS is slow and will be full of howyas in from Tallaght to do a bit of robbing shopping in Towen.

How long do you need to park for?

muppet

If you are coming in the M1 you won't need to be anywhere near the Red Cow.

If you are desperate to avoid paying parking you could turn right at Griffith Ave and take the second left. Park at the end of that street which is one of the few still free. Then turn left and walk the couple of hundred metres back to Drumcondra road and get the bus into town.

Otherwise pay parking close to 4 Courts. Ignore the Red Cow.

MWWSI 2017

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on November 04, 2009, 10:51:22 PM
jazes. Pay your 2.90 per hour on street outside the Four Goldmines. The LUAS is slow and will be full of howyas in from Tallaght to do a bit of robbing shopping in Towen.

How long do you need to park for?

I'll be there all day! No way am I paying €20 for parking! Not paying 2 tolls either so I might revert to my Killester plan!

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: muppet on November 04, 2009, 11:00:37 PM
If you are coming in the M1 you won't need to be anywhere near the Red Cow.

If you are desperate to avoid paying parking you could turn right at Griffith Ave and take the second left. Park at the end of that street which is one of the few still free. Then turn left and walk the couple of hundred metres back to Drumcondra road and get the bus into town.

Otherwise pay parking close to 4 Courts. Ignore the Red Cow.

Feck that...head on down the m50 and park in the Red Cow Luas station..very cheap parking and its not that slow into town either.
Traffic is never too bad around there these days
Don't mind the howyais from Tallaght they are harmless
You'll Never Walk Alone.

TacadoirArdMhacha

The more I think about it, the better a bus from Dundalk sounds. Though I hate to be intimidated out of driving places!

Donagh

Parnell Centre car park is about 12 or 13 yoyo for 24 hours. 10 or 15 minute walk from there.

Silky

Where are you coming from? Why don't you just get a bus or a train?

lfdown2

I am in Dublin next weekend (28th & 29th), staying in an airbnb in tempe bar, looking somewhere to park from app 15:00 Saturday to 11:00 Monday, any recommendations?