New Jerseys?

Started by Farrandeelin, September 22, 2007, 07:57:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armagh18

Wouldn't go near them. If they arent playing ball fire up a post on social media and shame them.

Would highly recommend playr-fit for future. Proper gear and sound to deal with.

gallsman

It's not the first time it's happened before either, which I've mentioned to them. Happened on a club order last year.

I reckon they think I'm just being a chancer, trying to have my cake and eat it but the fact it's happened twice now has really pissed me off. I've thrown around words like "consumer rights" and "ombudsman" but they're not for moving.

The below is what they told me:

QuoteThe excess backing paper is usually removed from the garments before we would dispatch your order to you.

We would suggest that due to where you are currently based the best option would be to cut off as much of the excess backing paper without going to close to the stitching.

God14

Thats really really poor worksmanship - there must be no quality checks at all. Ive seen this before with embroidered school kit, but not as prevalaent as that. As you say its an irritant, drives kids mad. Its not good enough, id push on at them. Tell them you are putting the images up on social media as well, might add some weight to your argument

Buying a football kit nowadays is expensive for parents, but special for kids. They need to understand their market - its important they get this right.

gallsman

Valid enough to raise it with Consumer Ombudsman?

If it was one item I reckon it wouldn't be a problem and they'd probably just refund me and let it go, but it's on 8 items out of 11 to one extent or another - hats, t-shirts, half zips and hoodies. Figure they just don't want/agent authorised to refund me several hundred euro.

snoopdog

Quote from: gallsman on March 15, 2024, 01:19:57 PMTrying to find a thread to put this in and figured this might be the best. If anyone has a better suggestion, by all means let me know.

Anyone ever had any real issues with O'Neill's customer service? I've just taken delivery of a significant enough order of club gear for the family. Embroidery, some personalisation etc but the state of it is appalling. There's an absolute mountain of backing material from the embroidery left on it currently and when I first got on to them they told me they wouldn't refund it as the garment itself was fine and suggested I cut the backing material myself, while acknowledging that this should have been done in house. They subsequently suggested that it was merely an "aesthetic issue". The sheer quantity of the material left on it is an irritant.

Pushing them for a refund but they're refusing to budge. They say the garments are not defective and because they're personalised, can't offer a refund. They have offered to do the repair work themselves if I can return it to them. They of course can't organise collection because I'm outside the UK and Ireland, but that they'll reimburse me.

I'm being a moany p***k, but there's absolutely no way they'd let items like this be sold off the rack in store, so I'm not certain why it's any different for an online purchase. It's not one or two items either. It's anything with embroidery in a total order of several hundred euro. Thoughts? Am I being too pushy, or f**k it, considering what I've shelled out should I go all the way with it?

Does the backing material not pull off easily enough.?

gallsman