Brexit.

Started by T Fearon, November 01, 2015, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedHand88

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on October 23, 2018, 11:19:32 AM
Quote from: Applesisapples on October 23, 2018, 10:32:26 AM
The one point this whole Brexit thing has reinforced for me, is how even when they are in a minority unionism and the British State continues to diminish the Irish identity of 45% of NI. And worse still we let it.

Well, if the Shinners would bother their hole to go to Westminster and take the position of "we'll vote the opposite of whatever the DUP votes to (mostly) nullify their veto", then maybe things could inch forward.

Completely pointless. The second sinn Fein vote on something in Wesrminister then you'd havr 10 or 20 labour votes swinging the other way. They couldn't bear the headlines saying Irish republicans swung a commons vote.

seafoid

Quote from: armaghniac on October 23, 2018, 11:32:11 AM
The one point this whole Brexit thing has reinforced for me, is how even when they are in a minority unionism and the British State continues to diminish the Irish identity of 45% of NI. And worse still we let it.

Well, if the Shinners would bother their hole to go to Westminster and take the position of "we'll vote the opposite of whatever the DUP votes to (mostly) nullify their veto", then maybe things could inch forward.

No, I don' think so. It would give the Telegraph an opportunity to rant and call on people to oppose the Shinners.

The Unionists have chosen the wrong horse (and I don't mean Arlene)
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

imtommygunn

It isn't about economics to the hardliners.

I think sf to be fair to then are better saying nothing. The dup are doing their job better than they ever could.

seafoid

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 23, 2018, 11:55:20 AM

I think sf to be fair to then are better saying nothing. The dup are doing their job better than they ever could.

The DUP remind me of the people who fought with the Nazis in WW2. The ERG don't care about peace in NI and are fanatical. The DUP are innocents. 
At this level there is no such thing as loyalty. If there is a hard Brexit NI will be shafted economically.  Rees Mogg does not care about NI.
Once people see that the DUP cost them say 10% of their wages the party will  be destroyed. Brexit is about allocating losses and NI is very vulnerable.
NI is already a basket case with huge numbers of people dependent on social transfers that may no longer be feasible if the NHS is being dismantled, for example.
It is also like FF pre 2008. No idea of the downside risks.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 23, 2018, 09:42:25 AM
Itis hatred - pure and simple. There is no rationale behind it.

None of them want to be seen to give an inch, thats been their goal from the outset, and they are hateful cnuts on top of that...Brexit is great for the DUP as it meant less coverage of their own fcuk ups recently.  They can look to the hard brexiteers in the Tories as fighting the good cause and its all about them

Had the Shinners went publically for a leave vote then the DUP would have went the other way

cue Frank  ;) ;)

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

naka

nail on the head
the shinners are better keeping quiet on this one

imtommygunn

Quote from: naka on October 23, 2018, 01:24:43 PM

nail on the head

Hearing rumours rhi going to get ugly for sf so less said currently the better.

I saw someone commending the dup negotiating on twitter one day. They have the negotiating ability of a 2 year old - no and that is it.

My dad told me years ago you couldn't underestimate the hatred in hardline unionist community for ireland and nationalists.  This and things like calling the Pope the antichrist show this hasn't changed at all.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Applesisapples

Bullshit, why would they take their seats in a foreign parliament and swear allegiance to the Queen?

trailer

Quote from: Applesisapples on October 23, 2018, 03:55:16 PM

Bullshit, why would they take their seats in a foreign parliament and swear allegiance to the Queen?

Why stand for election then?

screenexile

Quote from: trailer on October 23, 2018, 04:14:04 PM

Why stand for election then?

So themmuns don't get in!!

seafoid

Cos Labour end up just 2 seats from an outright majority and want a united Ireland

red hander

Quote from: naka on October 23, 2018, 01:24:43 PM

nail on the head

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." Napoleon

Rossfan

Remind me again how Napoleon got on.......

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM