Dublin v Kerry All Ireland Final 2019

Started by Hereiam, August 12, 2019, 01:27:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pbat

Gavin didn't throw Brogan on, guess there is no love lost there at this stage.

MK

Quote from: joemamas on September 14, 2019, 07:46:33 PM
Ger Canning made me sick with his Dublin love fest.

A put shit commentator

Ger really is hard to listen to.....he was heaping praise on Kevin Mc M for a great score when it was blatantly wide

Rossfan

Thank God for the Connacht and Ulster Championships .
At least some of us have some few weeks to look forward to on the Inter County scene.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

tonto1888

Quote from: Solo_run on September 14, 2019, 07:45:50 PM
Cluxton to announce he is retiring?

He didn't announce it but I reckon he is judging by how he was going round hugging everyone

Solo_run

Quote from: tonto1888 on September 14, 2019, 08:02:26 PM
Quote from: Solo_run on September 14, 2019, 07:45:50 PM
Cluxton to announce he is retiring?

He didn't announce it but I reckon he is judging by how he was going round hugging everyone

Probably wasn't the time for it. It's about the team rather than him.

As good as Dublin are the sport is getting very boring to watch bar a few games a year.

Blowitupref

Congrats Dublin history makers! fully deserved their 6 point margin of victory. It took the 2nd half of the 2nd game for the gap between the sides to be seen but I think with 15 men for the 2nd half in the drawn game Dublin probably would have won pulling up.

Kerry much improved on last year's quarter final exit but it was far to early in their transition/rebuilding to expect them to topple that Dublin team. What will disaspoint them mostly in that replay will be the poor descision making of number of their experienced players through out the game.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

uimhr ocht

The Dubs are some outfit  scored near all from play no frees,unbelievable team congrats to them on making history.

under the bar

Firstly well done to all the Dublin players.  Super effort over the years from some truly exceptional footballers. The financial scandal that made 5IAR possible does not detract from your individual efforts.

Secondly well done to crooked Bertie Ahern who underhandedly skimmed €1M per year from the taxpayers of the country from 2005 onwards to make this day possible.

Thirdly well done to GAA HQ for bankrolling one failing city tenfold  above all other counties  You have no shame but can you at least now do the decent thing and do similar for Belfast, Limerick etc?

yellowcard

Kerry can take huge credit from their performances over both games. They will improve again next year given the age profile of the side. Defensively they struggled at times today even with loads of bodies funneling back but they have the forwards to do serious damage. Geaney was immense today and both he and Clifford are a seriously potent inside forward line.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Rossfan on September 14, 2019, 08:01:24 PM
Thank God for the Connacht and Ulster Championships .
At least some of us have some few weeks to look forward to on the Inter County scene.

Do you think Leitrim and Sligo look forward to the Connacht Championship? Honestly?

Shamrock Shore

Congrats to the Dubs.

Hard to see where Gaelic football is going with this dominance but I am looking forward to the O'Byrne Cup and League where we can play bad football well.

And, for the record, Ger Canning is a tool.

From the Bunker

Kerry choked the first day and we all knew they blew it.

The most relieved person this week is Cooper!

imtommygunn

I honestly think football wise Kerry aren't that far behind the dubs. Fitness and conditioning wise they are quite a bit behind though - the question is can they close that gap. Dubs play almost basketball like in possession and just wore them down.

These two are quite a bit ahead of the rest. Could be boring up until the final for a while now.

LilySavage

How Canning is allowed big games is a mystery to me. Adds nothing. Happy to moan himself about games. Genuinely dont think hes a Gaelic Football fan.

yellowcard

The bitterness is dripping from this thread tonight!! Talk about pissing on someone's parade, lest a history making 5 in a row team.