Break For Ball - Win a Free GAA Training Weekend

Started by Mhic Easmuint, December 15, 2008, 02:27:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Breakforball

Free "Break For Ball" Team Training weekend

The Irish News will be running a six day competition for their readers in mid January, that may be of interest to teams
who won't have planned their Team Bonding Weekend, by that stage.

The prize will include;

A nights B&B at one of the excellent accomodations
Coaching Session & Motivational Talk with one of Break For Ball's High Profile Coaches
Comprehensive Video Analysis
Strength & Conditioning session
Challenge Game
Pool recovery session

This is an excellent prize, and should be of great interest, particularly to the clubs feeling the effects of the credit crunch.

DownFanatic

Quote from: hardstation on January 05, 2009, 11:25:26 PM
Is this better than Murlough sand dunes?

Id say a Break for Ball weekend would leave you in less pain. I would also say that a Break for Ball weekend would fail to induce the deliriousness that a Murlough sand dune enforces upon your body.

saffron sam2

Quote from: Breakforball on January 05, 2009, 11:20:28 PM
Free "Break For Ball" Team Training weekend

The Irish News will be running a six day competition for their readers in mid January, that may be of interest to teams
who won't have planned their Team Bonding Weekend, by that stage.

The prize will include;

A nights B&B at one of the excellent accomodations
Coaching Session & Motivational Talk with one of Break For Ball's High Profile Coaches
Comprehensive Video Analysis
Strength & Conditioning session
Challenge Game
Pool recovery session

This is an excellent prize, and should be of great interest, particularly to the clubs feeling the effects of the credit crunch.

Would anyone here be allowed to enter and have a bonding weekend for the gaaboard stalwarts?

I would hit Wicklow. Or Mayo. Not great at pool though.

Good idea and good advertising for BFB. Anyone else receive the introductory text?
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Hardy

That reminds me - when is the Slurry Cup match?

Breakforball

Interestingly enough, the Free week-end will be at the Avon Ri complex in Wicklow.

I'm not sure about a team of "GAA Boarders" - but I suppose if they met the competition terms and conditions
laid out by the Irish News, then I don't see why not.

Halloween might be the best time though  ;D

DoYerJob Linesman

17/03/02 - Semple Stadium Thurles - Heaven On Earth

saffron sam2

Quote from: DoYerJob Linesman on January 16, 2009, 11:36:12 PM
Spam?

No, I would give it the benefit of the doubt. It is the appropriate thread. Now, if was to appear in any other thread, that may be a different matter.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Breakforball

BFB is a GAA focused business, which will prove to be beneficial to many teams up and down the country, who
are serious about their Team Bonding Weekends.

The latest post is simply highlighting a free weekend for one lucky team, worth in the region of £2,000.

I'm sure many of the posters on this board, who are involved with teams, will be interested in entering.

Breakforball

No, afraid not HS. Terms and conditions and all that.

It's for a team anyway.
Sure, gather up 29 mates, enter, and if you win I'll see what we can do.

But perhaps the conditioning would do you more good than a few quid  :o

Breakforball

In total, the Irish News competition for the FREE weekend to Avon Ri in Wicklow had 147 entries.

The eventual winners were: Slaughtneil Camogie Team from Co. Derry!congratulations to them  :)

DownFanatic

Went on a Break for Ball weekend there in Donegal town. It was very good and well organised. The hotel we were put up in was first class and our whole programme of events ran very smoothly.
Its definitely a great concept and one that I think is going to become ever more popular.

Franko

I'd be a strong advocate of 'old style' team bonding sessions where everybody gets completely plastered and bate's f**k outta other round some hotel.

But thats just me. ;D

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: DownFanatic on March 02, 2009, 12:32:02 PM
Went on a Break for Ball weekend there in Donegal town. It was very good and well organised. The hotel we were put up in was first class and our whole programme of events ran very smoothly.
Its definitely a great concept and one that I think is going to become ever more popular.

went on break for ball day there at the weekend aswell in donegal (different club than DF though)
have to say, was an excellent day all round, activities, training session and everything were very good.
Great alternative to the usual team day away (although it was rounded off in time honoured  fashion with a good session!)
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Breakforball

Delighted to hear that both Augher (Tyrone) and Dundrum (Down) enjoyed their Break For Ball weekends in Donegal.

Two clubs with a very sound management structure and good base of players, who are sure to make progress in their
respective leagues and championships in 2009.