Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Calm Down

Ask yourself how and why did his time with Clonoe end, and yes he did pretty well with them

Milltown Row2

Look as a player manager supporter I'd be questioning decisions of referees, and as long as there's no real malice in it then it's fine and most refs would be understandable to the frustration, but there's a line that shouldn't be crossed and can't be waved off with comments like, sure we all have gripes with refs and blame them when we lose!

That filters on to the team and out to supporters.. Kids now are getting worse, worst I've seen in years, they would have had some respect but that's gone, and the only place they hear it from is their coaches/senior players and management.

DC is vocal I'll give him that, times he steps over the line, I believe he's trying to gain an advantage some how. On a football front he's proved his worth in Antrim, probably a few wins in Ulster would have been nice. Would he be interested?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

EOC1923

Yes CD your comments about DC very disingenuous. Been at most of his games in charge of Cargin and never seen him interact with any other teams managers or players.
Clonoe fellow I used to work with had nothing but high praise for him also.
He will be on Cargins sideline again next year so no point discussing Antrim and him.

Calm Down

I believe he was loved for a while I'm Clonoe however that came to a less than pleasant end! I have no doubt as to his will and capability to win along with the brain, Devlin!!

I have witnessed and been told of his conduct and his shouting at other managers and players warning up, but hey I am just making that up 😉

Calm Down

Oh and his own Club Bellaghy didn't want him last year, wasn't that he when told Cargin he was not taking the position again

EOC1923

Bellaghy wouldnt want a man who recently won an Ulster Club Minor with them, so they went for John McKeever instead who has won zero at senior level lol lol.  You havent a clue, you seem to have a personal gripe. Best to let it go CD.

Calm Down

No personal gripe with the man, however I can dislike his conduct.

Calm Down

Quote from: EOC1923 on October 20, 2020, 08:13:10 PM
Bellaghy wouldnt want a man who recently won an Ulster Club Minor with them, so they went for John McKeever instead who has won zero at senior level lol lol.  You havent a clue, you seem to have a personal gripe. Best to let it go CD.

Yeah the same JMK others on here have been touting to be the next Antrim manager

Dunsilly King

CD you have come across as very spiteful. Those defeats have really hurt you. Play the ball and not the man.

paddyjohn

Who was the manager that won the Ulster minor with Bellaghy?

Calm Down

Quote from: paddyjohn on October 21, 2020, 06:53:20 AM

In asking the question it is clear you know the answer

I note the point of DC not committing to Cargin at the start of last season has not been either confirmed nor denied by the Cargin cheerleaders

Calm Down

Quote from: Dunsilly King on October 20, 2020, 08:44:42 PM
CD you have come across as very spiteful. Those defeats have really hurt you. Play the ball and not the man.

Also please do forgive if I refuse to take chastisement from Cargin in relation to being spiteful, the irony is more than amusing

paddyjohn

Quote from: Calm Down on October 21, 2020, 08:25:13 AM
Quote from: paddyjohn on October 21, 2020, 06:53:20 AM

In asking the question it is clear you know the answer

I note the point of DC not committing to Cargin at the start of last season has not been either confirmed nor denied by the Cargin cheerleaders

I don't know so that's why I asked the question.

Rodger Mona

Calm Down would be the equivalent to Norris from Coronation St in this group. Wouldnt let the truth get in the way of a good story or bit of gossip.

Any statement that contains "I heard", "players and managers told me" or "i have been told" followed by a stupid remark aimed towards an individual should just be totally disregarded.

Calm Down

Quote from: Rodger Mona on October 21, 2020, 10:40:18 AM
Calm Down would be the equivalent to Norris from Coronation St in this group. Wouldnt let the truth get in the way of a good story or bit of gossip.

Any statement that contains "I heard", "players and managers told me" or "i have been told" followed by a stupid remark aimed towards an individual should just be totally disregarded.

Roger great to hear from you, you may also wish to pick up on the points where I have mentioned the issues which I have witnessed myself, also whilst we are not all privy to conversations a lot of evidential fact is procured via hearsay of certain conversations and experiences shared from others

Anyway, will let you get back to Coronation Street, clearly a big fan