The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Main Street on June 06, 2016, 03:56:49 PM
Another thread swamped by an outbreak of prickly paranoia from Tyronies.
Sy is a harmless lad who couldn't even wind up a toy tractor but Tyronies manage to self detonate their indignation levels with a few sticks of semtex.

Once upon a time Tyronies were  made of tougher stuff.

When your lot actually win an All-Ireland you might then be a little more sensitised to gratuitous attacks from mean-spirited saddo nobodies, don't hold your breath though! :P :)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Syferus on June 06, 2016, 04:14:36 PM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on June 06, 2016, 12:09:06 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on June 06, 2016, 12:03:27 PM
Mods - can ye please remind the Bomber to abuse the post not the poster. >:(

Fair point.

But while they are at it, maybe Syferus can be reminded that 'remember that thing Tyrone done' isn't a valid argument in every single topic on the board.

It's a case of the blackest most soot covered man in Ireland calling a kettle black when a Tyrone lad throws a few bombs at Armagh for being poor at pr. Tyrone have continually walked themselves into controversy after controversy - that's just the fact of the matter even if you want to place the blame on a media conspiracy. Pointing that out is hardly out of bounds and if it is we've some seriously sensitive souls here.

The fact that we've been good and successful means we have been the target of much abuse from the free state media. There's rarely been too much made out of Tyrone when they lose a game. Success has everything to do with, along with the small-minded hypocrites like you who only have a problem with certain issues when they go against you.

Roscommon won't have to worry about that though, they'll be too busy filling up the laughing stock vacuum as they get humiliated in Championship in the face of their management and fans building themselves up as serious team.

Maybe when they set up this B Championship they are angling for you might have some realistic goals.

Rossfan

Stopped reading when I got to "free state media" ::)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Rossfan on June 06, 2016, 07:05:41 PM

Live on in your bubble... when the sham State broadcaster RTPravda can't even acknowledge a damning critique of the government's shambles of a housing policy  (or distinct lack thereof) in this last week, nothing would embarrass them, as they prove time and time again. :(
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Syferus

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on June 06, 2016, 07:34:02 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on June 06, 2016, 07:05:41 PM

Live on in your bubble... when the sham State broadcaster RTPravda can't even acknowledge a damning critique of the government's shambles of a housing policy  (or distinct lack thereof) in this last week, nothing would embarrass them, as they prove time and time again. :(

All true Gaels sledge. Or something.

Dinny Breen

Ah here, 2 good derby games Westmeath/Offaly and Meath/Louth - combined winning margin of only 5 points and a broken nose, we get 3 mins of highlights...

I despair...
#newbridgeornowhere

inexile

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 12, 2016, 10:31:49 PM
Ah here, 2 good derby games Westmeath/Offaly and Meath/Louth - combined winning margin of only 5 points and a broken nose, we get 3 mins of highlights...

I despair...

Have to race through them for the hurling! Still I thought Dessie Dolan summed up Kildare very succinctly as "no great shakes". He's right unfortunately. From the little we were show. I thought Meath looked the better of the four teams.

BennyCake

Des spoiled the Tipp result for me. I deliberately avoided results. Thanks Des!

timmyot501

"Biggest shock of the year" according to des as the show opens. Tipp beating cork for first time in 72 years and it just shows a few token scores. Ok they spoke to the manager on the blower but more highlights would be nice.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: inexile on June 12, 2016, 10:37:20 PM

I despair...

Have to race through them for the hurling! Still I thought Dessie Dolan summed up Kildare very succinctly as "no great shakes". He's right unfortunately. From the little we were show. I thought Meath looked the better of the four teams.

Gave me a wry smile, very true but Westmeath have just been relegated to Division 4 so the two bald men fighting over an analogy would have been more appropriate. Both teams will be quite defensive so with maybe 6k from both counties in CP expect another horror show whereas if if it was played in O'Connor park you'd probably get 8k and a proper intense championship game...
#newbridgeornowhere

From the Bunker

Sunday Game time allotted to games goes as follows;

Games showed Live on TV earlier get extended Highlights, in case you missed any of the stuff when you seen it live.

Games not shown live get token highlights, sure that's all you need to see. Sure they were not covered live in the first place.

6 football games get an Hour Coverage.
1 Hurling game gets half an Hour Coverage.

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: From the Bunker on June 12, 2016, 10:59:33 PM
Sunday Game time allotted to games goes as follows;

Games showed Live on TV earlier get extended Highlights, in case you missed any of the stuff when you seen it live.

Games not shown live get token highlights, sure that's all you need to see. Sure they were not covered live in the first place.

6 football games get an Hour Coverage.
1 Hurling game gets half an Hour Coverage.
All Ireland Hurling champions in action, to be fair

Jinxy

Either make it longer or show less of the 'live' games.
I saw enough of the Roscommon full back dominating that Hughes lad already today, thank you very much.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

inexile

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 12, 2016, 10:45:56 PM
Quote from: inexile on June 12, 2016, 10:37:20 PM

I despair...

Gave me a wry smile, very true but Westmeath have just been relegated to Division 4 so the two bald men fighting over an analogy would have been more appropriate. Both teams will be quite defensive so with maybe 6k from both counties in CP expect another horror show whereas if if it was played in O'Connor park you'd probably get 8k and a proper intense championship game...

Wonder what kind of numbers Meath & Dublin will bring? Will there be 40,000 there?

SpeculativeEffort

Quote from: timmyot501 on June 12, 2016, 10:44:59 PM
"Biggest shock of the year" according to des as the show opens. Tipp beating cork for first time in 72 years and it just shows a few token scores. Ok they spoke to the manager on the blower but more highlights would be nice.

The Sunday Game could learn a lot from Match of the Day. They never give away the result before they show the footage and they never have the commentator commentating in
the past tense. This is 1930's style reporting and it kills any suspense or interest you may have in the game.

They have cameras there anyway. Why is the commentator in the past tense? Even a local commentator from one of the radio stations added tot the footage would be better than the
old sterile past tense commentating.