Death Notices

Started by Armagh4SamAgain, April 05, 2007, 03:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omagh_gael

A young man from Monaghan, 19, died after being attacked twice during a night out in Omagh on Sunday. Very sad news for that family.

Ironically there was a plea from the cops over Christmas relating to 'one punch' deaths on nights out. May this young lad rest in peace.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-20880706

Gaffer

Shocking news about the poor lad

RIP.
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

sans pessimism

Quote from: laoislad on December 31, 2012, 06:28:43 PM
Ireland's oldest person Laois woman Mary Kate Byrne has died aged 108.
They make them tough in Laois.
The women obviously
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

T Fearon

Sincere sympathy from everyone up here in British Armagh.

armaghniac

Sure wasn't she British by Laois standards until she was 18.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

john mcgill

Dr John McAndrew, All Ireland winner with Mayo in 1950 & 1951, died in Birmingham last night. RIP

Sandino

Author Robert Kee has died, I loved his TV shows.
"You can go proudly. You are history. You are legend''

Hardy

I remember his "Ireland - A History" (was it?) series was amazing at the time for seeing an Englishman presenting Britain's record in Ireland in an unflattering light.

AQMP

Quote from: Hardy on January 11, 2013, 04:29:33 PM
I remember his "Ireland - A History" (was it?) series was amazing at the time for seeing an Englishman presenting Britain's record in Ireland in an unflattering light.

Yes, a great series at the time.  Believe it or not, Hardy it was 1980!!  I seem to remember some fascinating interviews with surviving "combatants" of the War of Independence and the Civil War.

Also a great read was/is his "Green Flag" Trilogy "A History of Irish Nationalism" from the mid 70s.  I remember reading those as a teenager in the mid 70s at the height of the Troubles.

5 Sams

Quote from: AQMP on January 11, 2013, 04:47:37 PM

Yes, a great series at the time.  Believe it or not, Hardy it was 1980!!  I seem to remember some fascinating interviews with surviving "combatants" of the War of Independence and the Civil War.

Also a great read was/is his "Green Flag" Trilogy "A History of Irish Nationalism" from the mid 70s.  I remember reading those as a teenager in the mid 70s at the height of the Troubles.

Brilliant documentary....I often wondered if he was going to update it....not now obviously!!! Hopefully they'll repeat it.
The Aristocrat Years

theticklemister

He released a book with the same, coincidentally that was the first history book i was bought or given, back in 1995. it led me on the path of 2 degrees in irish history and the dole........................... back in uni now!!!

All of a Sludden

Robert F. Chew -- best known for playing Proposition Joe on "The Wire" -- was found dead yesterday in his apartment in Baltimore ... TMZ has learned.

According to the coroner in Baltimore, Chew died of cardiovascular disease. "Morbid obesity" was listed as a contributing factor.

Chew had very little acting experience before "The Wire" or after. He was on the cult HBO show -- which took place in Baltimore -- for five seasons.

Jamie Hector, who played Marlo on the show, tweeted this afternoon, "I didn't want to believe this #RIP Robert F Chew, Prop Joe will always be remembered Robert Chew will always be loved and missed!"

Only last week this happened on Sky Atlantic. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW5K8E1Wkew

Rest easy Joe.
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

ziggy90

Sorry to hear this news, RIP. I'd say the Wire had plenty of similar characters (little acting experience). The second best tv series of all time and Prop Joe was an integral part of it.

Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

All of a Sludden

Quote from: ziggy90 on January 19, 2013, 01:55:39 PM
Sorry to hear this news, RIP. I'd say the Wire had plenty of similar characters (little acting experience). The second best tv series of all time and Prop Joe was an integral part of it.

Donnie Andrews, whose life partly provided the inspiration for the character of Omar Little also died recently. He was married to Francine Boyd of The Corner, whose son DeAndre also recently died of a heroin overdose. Andrews had a small part in The Wire as Omars bodyguard while he was in jail on a false murder charge, he died in last nights episode on Sky Atlantic, when he and Omar went after Monk and were ambushed by Chris and Snoop.
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

ziggy90

I know who you mean, big fat guy, a bit childish looking.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered