Death Notices

Started by Armagh4SamAgain, April 05, 2007, 03:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Feckitt

That's a great poem Ulick.  Was Pecker really in The Good, The Bad & The Ugly?

I have a recording of him singing Wexford Town which was an autobiographical story of his life.  He recorded it fairly late in life and it is honestly one of the greatest songs I have ever heard.

RIP Pecker

JUst retired

RIP Pecker,I had the pleasure to meet him a couple of times,once in Killarney and once in my hometown. He was some boy.

moysider

Sad news about Pecker Dunne. RIP.

Declan

THE Government has announced the sudden death of Junior Minister Shane McEntee.

Mr McEntee was the Fine Gael TD for Meath East.

He was 56 and married with three children.

In a statement, the Government said it regrets to announce his sudden death.

"Our thoughts and prayers are with Shane's family and friends at this deeply sad time."

Mr McEntee was appointed as Minister of State at the Department of Agriculture with special responsibilities for Food, Food Safety and Horticulture.

He was first elected in 2005 to replace former Taoiseach and Fine Gael leader John Bruton on his appointment as EU Ambassador to the United States

muppet

This was a very good week for Shane politically as he had worked tirelessly on the pyrite issue, while in opposition, for voters that weren't even in his constituency.

A very good representative who was liked across the political spectrum.

RIP.
MWWSI 2017

Hardy

Very sad news. Shane was from a great GAA family and was brother of Gerry.

orangeman

Quote from: Hardy on December 21, 2012, 02:06:07 PM
Very sad news. Shane was from a great GAA family and was brother of Gerry.

Met him a few times.

Lovely man.

56 is far too young.

T Fearon

So sorry to hear of Shane Mc Entee's death.18 years ago when my late brother got a horrendous diagnosis, and when everyone else had given up,he made contact with Gerry Mc Entee who was not prepared to give up,and did all in his power to save his life.Sadly it wasn't to be,but according to my sister in law,a Meath woman,Gerry took this lack of success (which was medically beyond his control,and that of anyone else) every bit as badly as he would have taken an All Ireland Final defeat,and my late brother was fully aware that if Mc Entee couldn't pull him through,no one else on this earth could.

Itchy

Very sad news about Shane McEntee and condolences to his family and friends. However, I wonder why there has been a concerted effort to keep the cause of death from the public. You might argue the public have no right to know but I don't recall such principles being espoused last week when a young girl in Donegal took her own life and we had every expert in the media, the pulpit and the dail having their say on it. Double standards.

All of a Sludden

The former Taoiseach and Meath TD John Bruton has said those who tweet messages to radio or TV shows should not have their views aired unless their names and addresses are given.

His comment comes as colleagues of the late Fine Gael TD and Minister Shane McEntee say he was upset in the weeks leading up to his death because of abuse he received on social media websites.

The 56-year-old took his own life at his home in Nobber in Co Meath on Friday.

His removal will take place this evening while his funeral Mass will be held tomorrow morning at St John the Baptist Church in Nobber.

John Bruton said the trend of submitting comments to discussion programmes over social media was worrying, "particularly thanks to the anonymity that people enjoy in tweeting in comments which are then broadcast and given status in radio programmes as if they were coming from somebody who was prepared to stand over what they were saying.

"In fact they are being delivered under the cowardly cloak of anonymity."

He added: "If there is a lesson to be learned, it would be that only comments that come from people who give their name and address should be broadcast, because otherwise you're just licensing people to lower the tone of the discussion."
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

Itchy

Quote from: All of a Sludden on December 23, 2012, 02:10:52 PM
The former Taoiseach and Meath TD John Bruton has said those who tweet messages to radio or TV shows should not have their views aired unless their names and addresses are given.

His comment comes as colleagues of the late Fine Gael TD and Minister Shane McEntee say he was upset in the weeks leading up to his death because of abuse he received on social media websites.

The 56-year-old took his own life at his home in Nobber in Co Meath on Friday.

His removal will take place this evening while his funeral Mass will be held tomorrow morning at St John the Baptist Church in Nobber.

John Bruton said the trend of submitting comments to discussion programmes over social media was worrying, "particularly thanks to the anonymity that people enjoy in tweeting in comments which are then broadcast and given status in radio programmes as if they were coming from somebody who was prepared to stand over what they were saying.

"In fact they are being delivered under the cowardly cloak of anonymity."

He added: "If there is a lesson to be learned, it would be that only comments that come from people who give their name and address should be broadcast, because otherwise you're just licensing people to lower the tone of the discussion."

What does John Bruton say about the countless people who have committed suicide due to the complete balls politicians have made of this country after finding themselves about to lose their homes? Or do the only ones that count come from the political classes.

seafoid

Very sad news about Shane McEntee. It is hard to know what to say. 
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Tony Baloney

Jack Klugman aka Quincy M.E., aged 90.

mouview

Last of the 12 Angry Men.

muppet

Quote from: mouview on December 24, 2012, 11:49:36 PM
Last of the 12 Angry Men.

In a school, not too far from Mervue, they seem to have had 12 angry men as their play recently. That would be class.

We, in the above school, had Percy French.  ::)
MWWSI 2017