Brexit.

Started by T Fearon, November 01, 2015, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on November 21, 2017, 01:03:41 PM
I think areas with 2 communities with a history of bloodshed are more likely to go postal during an economic crisis. Cyprus and Lebanon blew up in the 70's.  When money is flúirseach grievances can be bought off.

Be like Mad Max, proper bloodshed... stealing oil from next door, food parcels (oh wait thats Limerick) rations!! Be a mad exodus to Louth
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

seafoid

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 21, 2017, 01:43:38 PM
I think areas with 2 communities with a history of bloodshed are more likely to go postal during an economic crisis. Cyprus and Lebanon blew up in the 70's.  When money is flúirseach grievances can be bought off.

Be like Mad Max, proper bloodshed... stealing oil from next door, food parcels (oh wait thats Limerick) rations!! Be a mad exodus to Louth
the Protestants in Louth are rational
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

TabClear

Quote from: screenexile on November 21, 2017, 12:22:55 PM
Two big European Agencies gone out of London as well . . . but David Davis said this wouldn't happen??!!

What makes this farce even more hilarious (From the Guardian)

The Department for Exiting the European Union had claimed the future of the agencies would be subject to the Brexit negotiations, a claim that caused disbelief in Brussels.

Speaking before the vote on Monday, the EU's chief negotiator on Brexit, Michel Barnier, said "ardent advocates of Brexit" had contradicted themselves on EU rules.

"Brexit means Brexit," he said, turning Theresa May's line back on her. "The same people who argue for setting the UK free also argue that the UK should remain in some EU agencies. But freedom implies responsibility for building new UK administrative capacity," he told a Brussels conference hosted by the Centre for European Reform.

So if I'm reading this right the Tories reckon that the 1'000 odd people employed in these two EU agencies should continue to be employed in the UK (or at least a bargaining chip) even though the UK wants to leave the organisation??? I have seen some ridiculous stances taken in my time but the UK seem to be basing their strategy on the Boris Johnston book of Negotiating i.e. talk rubbish at the start to get some decent press for the masses, then contradict yourself while the other party basically ignores you until you come to a sensible starting point?

The more specific details that start to get publicized rather than just rhetoric and ideology, the clearer it is that the UK "negotiators" are seriously out of their depth.

armaghniac

I'm glad you find it funny, living where you do.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

johnneycool

Almac are already there, nothing to do with Brexit mind  ;)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: armaghniac on November 21, 2017, 03:42:00 PM

I'm glad you find it funny, living where you do.

Funny? I didnt realise you had to find it funny where you live! Happy? yes! funny
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

trentoneill15

Quote from: armaghniac on November 21, 2017, 12:56:00 AM
Quote from: trentoneill15 on November 21, 2017, 12:16:22 AM
I voted to leave the EU as I have no connection to Europe, I don't view myself as European and I believe the ever increasing European population in my region is more harmful to our heritage than a big wall on the border would be.
At the end of the day Europeans don't integrate into our Gaelic society, they are right not to as that's the way people work, the Irish in USA didn't integrate into English American society, the Gaels in Scotland didn't become Picts and lose their Gaelic culture, the Europeans in Australia didn't take up Aboriginal culture.

Where do you think the feckin' Gaels came from?

Modern Antrim but I don't see your point? I am just saying that different cultural groups don't integrate into a society.

trentoneill15

Quote from: NAG1 on November 21, 2017, 09:47:28 AM
I voted to leave the EU as I have no connection to Europe, I don't view myself as European and I believe the ever increasing European population in my region is more harmful to our heritage than a big wall on the border would be.
At the end of the day Europeans don't integrate into our Gaelic society, they are right not to as that's the way people work, the Irish in USA didn't integrate into English American society, the Gaels in Scotland didn't become Picts and lose their Gaelic culture, the Europeans in Australia didn't take up Aboriginal culture.

Ive read some bullshit on this but this post is right up there with the best of it.

Hard to know where to start on it, so maybe just try to ignore it is for the best.

Well I'd rather be abused on here than have my relatives in 200 years with Slovakian surnames.

trentoneill15

Quote from: Rossfan on November 21, 2017, 09:56:23 AM
Cúchulainn rides again.....
Only problem was he was from modern day Louth.
As someone said I've read some nonsense here over the years but trentoneill take the biscuit.

A fictional character, going off topic a wee bit.

OgraAnDun

Quote from: trentoneill15 on November 21, 2017, 08:51:11 PM
As someone said I've read some nonsense here over the years but trentoneill take the biscuit.

Are you aware that...

Quote from: trentoneill15 on November 21, 2017, 08:50:30 PM

Ive read some bullshit on this but this post is right up there with the best of it.

Hard to know where to start on it, so maybe just try to ignore it is for the best.

Well I'd rather be abused on here than have my relatives in 200 years with Slovakian surnames.

... it is possible...

Quote from: trentoneill15 on November 21, 2017, 08:49:07 PM

Modern Antrim but I don't see your point? I am just saying that different cultural groups don't integrate into a society.

... to quote more than other other post at a time?

trentoneill15

Quote from: OgraAnDun on November 21, 2017, 09:06:56 PM
Quote from: trentoneill15 on November 21, 2017, 08:51:11 PM

Are you aware that...

Quote from: trentoneill15 on November 21, 2017, 08:50:30 PM

... it is possible...

Quote from: trentoneill15 on November 21, 2017, 08:49:07 PM

... to quote more than other other post at a time?

We can't all be as tech savvy as the East Ulster men.

armaghniac

Cúchulainn was from Meath, and lived in Armagh. He only stopped in Louth to fight men and ride women.

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Rossfan

Motto of Dundalk -
Mé  do  rug Cúchulainn Cróga
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Dubh driocht

https://www.rte.ie/news/analysis-and-comment/2017/1117/920981-long-read-brexit/

Tony Connolly is the best source of accurate analysis on Brexit- it takes a Nordie to produce clarity on this complex issue.

Hereiam

Lads its all about the sound bites with the DUP at the minute. If you say the same thing over and over again eventually people will take it in as gospel. Look at brexit, the DUP/Tories keep saying there will be no physical border whilst every sane man/woman on the street knows there will be, but they will keep saying it as it will stop people from mobilising any real counter action to it. Then when the customs checkpoints go up the talk will be that this is only a temporary measure until a final non physical solution is found but we know that is never going to happen.