Brexit.

Started by T Fearon, November 01, 2015, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

Quote from: five points on September 09, 2020, 11:56:05 AM
Quote from: armaghniac on September 09, 2020, 10:51:51 AM
Quote from: five points on September 09, 2020, 10:32:00 AM
It was the Irish government who were running a hard border 4 months ago, and several of its TDs wanted it fully sealed.

Yeah right, just like the one around Kildare and Laois.

No, they hadn't Gardai on 24-hour vigils on the main roads between Kildare and Dublin. They had them on the Cavan-Fermanagh border though.

And on the Kerry Cork border, Galway-Mayo border and every other place. Travel from the 6 counties was no more restricted than from anywhere else, but then you know this already, like Boris you like to state falsehoods as truth.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

five points

Quote from: armaghniac on September 09, 2020, 01:21:48 PM

And on the Kerry Cork border, Galway-Mayo border and every other place. Travel from the 6 counties was no more restricted than from anywhere else, but then you know this already, like Boris you like to state falsehoods as truth.

Not true.  The Cavan-Longford border for example never had 24-hour checkpoints.

armaghniac

Quote from: five points on September 09, 2020, 01:37:13 PM

People were restricted to a 5Km radius whether they were from the 6 counties or the 26 counties, the deployment of checkpoints was to achieve this, the Gardai couldn't have one in Fermanagh so they had one at the border, they had more flexibility on the Cavan Longford border.

Are you implying that  there was some restriction on Fermanagh people that did not exist for Cavan people?

seafoid

Quote from: five points on September 09, 2020, 11:56:05 AM
Quote from: armaghniac on September 09, 2020, 10:51:51 AM
Quote from: five points on September 09, 2020, 10:32:00 AM
It was the Irish government who were running a hard border 4 months ago, and several of its TDs wanted it fully sealed.

Yeah right, just like the one around Kildare and Laois.

No, they hadn't Gardai on 24-hour vigils on the main roads between Kildare and Dublin. They had them on the Cavan-Fermanagh border though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeNgxIsPjhc
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

five points

Quote from: armaghniac on September 09, 2020, 01:52:06 PM

People were restricted to a 5Km radius whether they were from the 6 counties or the 26 counties, the deployment of checkpoints was to achieve this, the Gardai couldn't have one in Fermanagh so they had one at the border, they had more flexibility on the Cavan Longford border.

Are you implying that  there was some restriction on Fermanagh people that did not exist for Cavan people?

So they had one at the border.

armaghniac

Quote from: five points on September 09, 2020, 02:04:34 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on September 09, 2020, 01:52:06 PM

So they had one at the border.

What is your point? If you have one that is.

Farrandeelin

What time is the vote on the Internal Market Bill tonight?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

balladmaker

Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 14, 2020, 09:19:36 PM

Went through 340 to 263.  The more I think about it, the more I believe that this is Boris window dressing before he completely sells out the north and unionism .... 'Here lads, I really tried my best to save NI, there was nothing more I could have done ... now let us English have our glorious Brexit with NI off the UK agenda once and for all'

quit yo jibbajabba

Jesus Johnson got tore a new one today. Doesnt matter a jot on the scale of things but still good viewing

red hander

Quote from: balladmaker on September 14, 2020, 11:17:58 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 14, 2020, 09:19:36 PM

Went through 340 to 263.  The more I think about it, the more I believe that this is Boris window dressing before he completely sells out the north and unionism .... 'Here lads, I really tried my best to save NI, there was nothing more I could have done ... now let us English have our glorious Brexit with NI off the UK agenda once and for all'

I hope you're right

imtommygunn

Yeah either this or the complete opposite is going to happen.

That parliament is about as spineless as there has ever been but I think most tories who don't agree with him have been turfed  out and I suspect any that did on this will also be.

An Watcher

It would make you sick seeing some toff talking about the merits of their precious union and the good people of ni. As if they give two shits. EU being talked about like some monster. I don't know what way this will go but hopefully it'll put more space between the North and those twats

johnnycool

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on September 15, 2020, 12:41:30 AM
Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on September 14, 2020, 11:30:15 PM
Jesus Johnson got tore a new one today. Doesnt matter a jot on the scale of things but still good viewing

I concur. In an alternative universe Boris Johnson would have been fodder for the now cancelled Jeremy Kyle show.

Johnson is abjectly useless at the despatch box, where he was supposed to be in his element.

He's not doing much for the credibility of Eton and Oxford.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

seafoid

I think there is a lot of noise and posturing but that it will end in a deal. Johnson is providing loads of culture war content to.the Daily Mail but the thing he wants is to hold onto power and No deal won't deliver that.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU