Mayo Club Football.

Started by intoDwest, November 10, 2006, 11:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stephenite

Good that Howley got a game under his belt

Tubberman

Ballintubber 2-12 Garrymore 2-8

Not at home this weekend so wasn't at it, but great result to get through to the quarter finals
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Mayo4Sam

Great result for my western people football fantasy, had a couple of tubber lads
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Owenmoresider

Sunday 20th July 2008
TF Royal Hotel & Theatre Mayo Senior Championship Group A
Team 1 Score Score Team 2 Venue Comment   
Ballintubber  2-12 2-8 Garrymore  Ballintubber Round 3 
Charlestown  0-9 0-8 Bohola Moy-Davitts  Charlestown Round 3 
TF Royal Hotel & Theatre Mayo Senior Championship Group B
Crossmolina Deel Rovers  4-13 3-3 Louisburgh  Crossmolina Round 3 
Ballinrobe  1-7 2-7 Knockmore  Ballinrobe Round 3 

TF Royal Hotel & Theatre Mayo Intermediate Championship Group A
Achill  1-15 1-7 Mayo Gaels  Achill Round 3 
Ballyhaunis  2-10 0-8 Westport  Ballyhaunis Round 3 
TF Royal Hotel & Theatre Mayo Intermediate Championship Group B
Kilmeena  1-1 2-13 Aghamore  Kilmeena Round 3 
Bonniconlon  0-12 2-9 Belmullet  Bonniconlon Round 3 
TF Royal Hotel & Theatre Mayo Intermediate Championship Group D
Hollymount  2-7 2-10 Tourmakeady  Hollymount Round 4 
Kiltimagh  0-7 2-7 Kilmaine  Kiltimagh Round 4 

TF Royal Hotel & Theatre Mayo Junior Championship Group B
Ballina Stephenites B 2-12 1-7 Ballycastle  Ballina Round 3 
Ardagh  1-4 1-13 Balla  Ardagh Round 3 
TF Royal Hotel & Theatre Mayo Junior Championship Group C
Shrule-Glencorrib B - - The Neale  Shrule-Glencorrib Not Played 
Killala  1-18 1-4 Kilfian  Killala Round 4 
TF Royal Hotel & Theatre Mayo Junior Championship Group D
Crossmolina Deel Rovers C 1-11 0-12 Claremorris B Crossmolina Round 4 
TF Royal Hotel & Theatre Mayo Junior Championship Group F
Ardnaree  5-14 0-7 Ballaghadereen B Ardnaree Round 3 
Achill B 0-13 0-4 Breaffy B Achill Round 3 
TF Royal Hotel & Theatre Mayo Junior Championship Group G
Charlestown B 0-9 4-9 Carramore  Charlestown Round 3 

Saturday 19th July 2008
TF Royal Hotel & Theatre Mayo Senior Championship Group C
Shrule-Glencorrib  3-16 1-3 Kiltane  Shrule-Glencorrib Round 3 
Breaffy  1-8 1-8 Ballaghadereen  Breaffy Round 3 
TF Royal Hotel & Theatre Mayo Senior Championship Group D
Burrishoole  0-6 3-8 Castlebar Mitchels  Burrishoole Round 3 
Claremorris  0-12 1-9 Ballina Stephenites  Claremorris Round 3 

TF Royal Hotel & Theatre Mayo Intermediate Championship Group C
Kilcommon  2-8 0-7 Parke-Keelouges-Crimlin  Kilcommon Round 3 
Swinford  1-15 0-3 Crossmolina Deel Rovers B Swinford Round 3 

TF Royal Hotel & Theatre Mayo Junior Championship Group E
Belmullet B 0-4 3-14 Eastern Gaels  Belmullet Round 3 
Aghamore B - - Ballycroy  Aghamore Conceded by Ballycroy 
TF Royal Hotel & Theatre Mayo Junior Championship Group H
Lahardane  1-15 0-8 Ballinrobe B Lahardane Round 3 
Kilcommon B 0-3 7-20 Islandeady  Kilcommon Round 3 

Friday 18th July 2008
TF Royal Hotel & Theatre Mayo Junior Championship Group A
Castlebar Mitchels B 2-7 1-7 Ballintubber B Castlebar Round 3 
Knockmore B 2-8 0-11 Kilmovee  Knockmore Round 3 
TF Royal Hotel & Theatre Mayo Junior Championship Group D
Bohola Moy-Davitts B 1-6 1-11 Lacken  Moy-Davitts Round 4 
TF Royal Hotel & Theatre Mayo Junior Championship Group G
Swinford B - - Louisburgh B Swinford Conceded by Louisburgh B

So Charlestown, Ballintubber, Cross, Knockmore, Ballagh, Breaffy, Claremorris and Castlebar make up the last eight, with Westport, Ballyhaunis, Aghamore, Belmullet, Cill Chomáin, Cross B through in Intermediate. Group D now between Tourmakeady, and probably Kilmaine or Davitts, with Hollymount and Kiltimagh already out. Cross' third team through in the Junior too! Fair achievement, may put some of their neighbours to shame. ;) North Mayo teams doing well, with Knockmore B, Ardanree and Lahardane through easily.

RedandGreenSniper

Quarter finals are seeded this year apparently so Cross, Ballagh, Charlestown and Claremorris as group winners will be kept apart and will end up playing Ballintubber, Knockmore, Breaffy or Castlebar. You'd have to think it'll be one of Cross, Charlestown or Ballagh' as favourites although Claremorris can hardly be ignored after beating Mitchels and drawing with Ballina. Being honest any one of the eight teams could end up winning it (with the possible exception of Ballintubber)
Ballagh will be missing the two Kilcullens though (suspended) so could be a good time to get them.

Jesus Westport fairly collasped and Achill ended up getting rode by them in the Intermediate! The points difference there was frightening - Westport and Ballyhaunis both on plus 5 and Achill lose out, ending up on plus 4!
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

the Deel Rover

Are you sure r and g i thought all along it was an open draw most would not surprise me if it is now seeded this county board are capable of anything
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

RedandGreenSniper

Heard it from one of the lads at home that its seeded and he'd normally know the craic. But it was meant to be seeded two years ago and ended up being open so, like you say, it wouldn't be one to bet the house on

How did McDanger get on at the weekend?

AbbeySider

Quote from: Tubberman on July 20, 2008, 03:53:01 PM

Not at home this weekend so wasn't at it, but great result to get through to the quarter finals

Very close game. We went behind twice by three at different stages. Good comeback but I felt we underperformed. Its still great to win games and not play as well as you could. The quarter finals draw will be interesting. Ballagh will be weakened considerably missing the two Kilcullens.

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on July 20, 2008, 07:11:43 PM
Great result for my western people football fantasy, had a couple of tubber lads

Id be interested to hear your team Mayo4Sam!  ;D

Going back to the Ballagh Vs Breaffy game. I went to it on Firday evening. I cant understand the Kilcullens. Like, they had the game won and both players let down their club by getting sent off. Within 10 minutes of each other! Cant understand that. Straight reds for blatant striking offences. Instead they should have gone on to win the match and left the handbags at home in the drawer.
It was a good game besides. Moran was very disappointing. He got wiped by the Scahill lad from Breaffy and Barry Regan was unreal. He was fantastic and I think he clocked up 6-7 points. Has he ever got a real chance with county? I think he is definitely good enough for full-forward. He is big, strong and a footballer to his toes. A natural scorer. Just what we need on the county team instead of AOM as a target man IMO.

kevmy

Quote from: AbbeySider on July 21, 2008, 10:48:56 AM
Quote from: Tubberman on July 20, 2008, 03:53:01 PM

Very close game. We went behind twice by three at different stages. Good comeback but I felt we underperformed. Its still great to win games and not play as well as you could. The quarter finals draw will be interesting. Ballagh will be weakened considerably missing the two Kilcullens.

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on July 20, 2008, 07:11:43 PM

Id be interested to hear your team Mayo4Sam!  ;D

Going back to the Ballagh Vs Breaffy game. I went to it on Firday evening. I cant understand the Kilcullens. Like, they had the game won and both players let down their club by getting sent off. Within 10 minutes of each other! Cant understand that. Straight reds for blatant striking offences. Instead they should have gone on to win the match and left the handbags at home in the drawer.
It was a good game besides. Moran was very disappointing. He got wiped by the Scahill lad from Breaffy and Barry Regan was unreal. He was fantastic and I think he clocked up 6-7 points. Has he ever got a real chance with county? I think he is definitely good enough for full-forward. He is big, strong and a footballer to his toes. A natural scorer. Just what we need on the county team instead of AOM as a target man IMO.

As a Shrule man I'm also annoyed with the Kilcullens!! On Barry Regan he looked very dangerous against us the day we played them - ripped young Conroy to shreds in the 1st half. I don't even remember him getting a proper run out in the league never mind the championship

moysider

Saw Barry Regan a couple of times in the FBD and even in that I thought he looked slow. He always looked a stone heavier than he needed to be and of he s got into better shape he may well be up to it. As A shrule man Kevmy whats the story with Trevor? Was he involved yesterday. I was hoping it was just a dead leg. If its a hamstring tear we re jiggered and we wont see him again this summer.

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: AbbeySider on July 21, 2008, 10:48:56 AM

If the two Kilcullens had a bit more cop on they'd both be regulars on the Mayo team imo. David certainly would. They were two brainless acts against Breaffy and Ballagh are now the team to get in the quarter-finals of the top seeds if they're gonna be missing the two boys. I could say a lot more but it probably wouldn't be fair.

Regarding Barry Regan, his only year involved with the Mayo seniors was 2006 with Moran and Morrison. He was on the Under 21's in 2003 and impressed in the trials at the back end of 2005.

The feeling was that he was just making up the numbers on the panel but then they threw him in during the All-Ireland quarter-final against Laois (drawn game, I think), catching everyone by surprise. Ballagh' got to the county final then that year and he was one of their main men (and still is).

I found it strange then that JOM culled him pretty much instantly when he took over Mayo but presumed he knew something we didn't (he would have coached him with Ballagh and with Nathy's).
Pace, as Moysider says, is the biggest issue. But he's not carrying weight - if you stand beside him on the pitch you will see he is very well built and incredibly strong. He's definitely been a bit hard done in my opinion

stephenite

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on July 22, 2008, 12:25:12 AM
I could say a lot more but it probably wouldn't be fair.

Ah go on

RedandGreenSniper

Tubberman

QuoteThe feeling was that he was just making up the numbers on the panel but then they threw him in during the All-Ireland quarter-final against Laois (drawn game, I think), catching everyone by surprise. Ballagh' got to the county final then that year and he was one of their main men (and still is).

I found it strange then that JOM culled him pretty much instantly when he took over Mayo but presumed he knew something we didn't (he would have coached him with Ballagh and with Nathy's).
Pace, as Moysider says, is the biggest issue. But he's not carrying weight - if you stand beside him on the pitch you will see he is very well built and incredibly strong. He's definitely been a bit hard done in my opinion

While it's not fair to judge a player on one performance, he looked completely out of his depth that day against Laois. He never got to the pace of the game and it passed him by. That could have been nerves or just a once-off, but I'm sure if he was really inter-county standard JOM would have him in there.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

the Deel Rover

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on July 21, 2008, 07:52:42 AM
Heard it from one of the lads at home that its seeded and he'd normally know the craic. But it was meant to be seeded two years ago and ended up being open so, like you say, it wouldn't be one to bet the house on

How did McDanger get on at the weekend?

i was at the game on sunday , in the 1st half louisburgh played excellent football and at 1 stage were 5 points up , for whatever reason cross could not get going perhaps the fact that they were allready through .In the 2nd half we played excellent football and only conceded 1 point Jimmy was excellent in Midfield and Mc D was pulling the string from Centre Forward some of his passing was top drawer and he was involved in a lot of the Cross play.As i said before most of the people that i was speaking to thougth it was an open draw , i think its now 6 weeks to the next match and its probably the most open championship in years. Great achivement by the intermediates and the juniors making it through to the last 8 as well
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001