China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

larryin89

Gardai have closed the orchard pub near stoneybatter for having more than 100 people inside .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Tony Baloney

Quote from: armaghniac on March 14, 2020, 09:11:38 PM
Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on March 14, 2020, 08:43:47 PM
Quote from: larryin89 on March 14, 2020, 08:37:49 PM
Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on March 14, 2020, 08:34:12 PM
Its gonna be 12 months absolute minimum, 18-24 months more likely and 36 months max.

For a start there will be a vaccine in 12-18 months , never heard it will last three years anywhere only from your good self

There will not be a vaccine in 12 months.

If there is a vaccine in 18 months, it will be by a distance the fastest vaccine ever created. Double that and I feel that a vaccine should definitely be available. Hence 36.

If there ever was going to be a vaccine created quickly then this is the obvious candidate.
Work has started more quickly then ever was possible before, the release of the genome, computer simulations of its operation etc.

However, hopefully before the vaccine some existing drugs will be found to help with treatment. These could be  approved more quickly.
Yes as it's now a global emergency you'd expect the combined might of the big nations to join forces on this and get their big computers working on sequences etc. Can't imagine anything of note within a year though.

Rossfan

Quote from: whitegoodman on March 14, 2020, 08:31:51 PM
The pubs and restaurants need to close but are the government going to help the owners of these places to pay their mortgages and pay their staff ?

"The Government" is the taxpayer.
Businesses closed means less Revenue. Also means more Social Welfare for the laid off workers.
Banks etc giving mortgage holidays means they'll want bail outs, the Taxpayer won't have the money to do this so will we have banks lending non existent money to Governnents to give it back to banks as bail outs?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

armaghniac

Quote from: larryin89 on March 14, 2020, 09:22:36 PM
Gardai have closed the orchard pub in swords for having more than 100 people inside .

Great to hear it, some of these places were taking the p|ss completely and making eejits out of any place  turning peope away.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Sportacus

So the Catholic Church wants schools in the North closed, but they can't make their mind up from one Diocese to the next whether mass is on or not??

larryin89

Quote from: Rossfan on March 14, 2020, 09:28:12 PM
Quote from: whitegoodman on March 14, 2020, 08:31:51 PM
The pubs and restaurants need to close but are the government going to help the owners of these places to pay their mortgages and pay their staff ?

"The Government" is the taxpayer.
Businesses closed means less Revenue. Also means more Social Welfare for the laid off workers.
Banks etc giving mortgage holidays means they'll want bail outs, the Taxpayer won't have the money to do this so will we have banks lending non existent money to Governnents to give it back to banks as bail outs?

So what are you suggesting , profit before people ?
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Milltown Row2

I'm concerned about how someone will pay a mortgage/rent/food/basics over the next few months!

Those on benefits are covered as they have been getting benefits! Will the banks suspend repayments?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

There's talk of waiving for up to three months from a couple of banks.

PMG1

The Uk figures are not in any way accurate in my opinion, massive cover up happening. I know one couple in England, return from Italy skiing 10 days ago, felt the symptoms, got tested and were told to self isolate for 14 days, they were never and still haven't been given their results though. Today in the SWAH hospital in Enniskillen apparently 1 person has died and another is critical with the virus, not a word of this being reported. Boris will pay for this in the long run but he doesn't care about the long run

Tony Baloney

Quote from: PMG1 on March 14, 2020, 09:41:02 PM
The Uk figures are not in any way accurate in my opinion, massive cover up happening. I know one couple in England, return from Italy skiing 10 days ago, felt the symptoms, got tested and were told to self isolate for 14 days, they were never and still haven't been given their results though. Today in the SWAH hospital in Enniskillen apparently 1 person has died and another is critical with the virus, not a word of this being reported. Boris will pay for this in the long run but he doesn't care about the long run
Not many facts in that post.

93-DY-SAM

Quote from: Sportacus on March 14, 2020, 09:32:48 PM
So the Catholic Church wants schools in the North closed, but they can't make their mind up from one Diocese to the next whether mass is on or not??

Farcical. I live on the Derry Armagh Diocese border and in one chapel mass being said to a totally empty chapel via webcam and 3 miles away a significant enough crowd are in the chapel for Sat night mass. Any wonder people are confused as f**k.

omagh_gael

Feck lads, if you get a chance go to BBC iplayer and watch wuhan, life under lock down. This is scary scary stuff. We all know how hard it hit them but their response was unreal. No way will the West coordinate a response as thorough as the Chinese and they still suffered horiffic deaths.

PMG1

Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 14, 2020, 09:43:47 PM
Well unless the two nurses I know that are working there today are lying then I may be wrong!

Quote from: PMG1 on March 14, 2020, 09:48:47 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 14, 2020, 09:43:47 PM
Well unless the two nurses I know that are working there today are lying then I may be wrong!

The UK figures aren't accurate as they are no longer testing the general population only people hospitalised. Even Boris admitted on Friday that the true figure was up to 10K infected that was when there were 10 reported deaths. Now there are 21 deaths the figure is probably at least 20K. 
O'Neills Therapist

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 14, 2020, 08:53:36 PM
Why listen to the news when all I need to know is right here

Probably because the BBC roll over and have their tummies tickled by the tories.

Did you or did you not know about Boris' creative accounting when it comes to him boosting nurse numbers?

https://www.channel4.com/news/factcheck/factcheck-new-twist-in-conservatives-50000-nurses-promise
i usse an speelchekor