AFM

Quote from: AFM on March 12, 2020, 11:36:02 AM
Quote from: trailer on March 12, 2020, 11:26:59 AM
Quote from: AFM on March 12, 2020, 10:57:27 AM
Quote from: bigarsedkeeper on March 12, 2020, 10:44:08 AM
Quote from: APM on March 11, 2020, 06:48:34 PM
Quote from: AFM on March 11, 2020, 06:02:26 PM
Quote from: bigarsedkeeper on March 11, 2020, 04:45:56 PM
Meant to go to Disney Paris on Monday with the kids, booked it last summer. Disney aren't closing/won't close so can't claim any money back through travel agency. Checked with the travel insurance and you don't have a claim if you decide not to travel because you are worried about the situation as it is, you have to have it to claim! Travel agents are going on like there's nothing happening at all. It stinks. Even the kids are worried about going now. I agree we shouldn't be going but that's a big bill to swallow and no way to claim any of it back. All paid for too - anybody know anyway around it?

Feel your pain, as mentioned it's all about the money, hopefully folk stop booking in advance after this is all over and give the travel and entertainment the kick up the ass it needs. Imagine the money they have a year or so in advance of your trip.

Government is to blame here.  Insurances won't kick in until the Government bites the bullet (and not all insurances will kick-in even then). They are going to need to put in place a hardline approach eventually, and better to do so soon while it has a chance of being effective. 

Anyone with a bit of sense is way ahead of the government and in reality social distancing is already going on with many businesses cancelling meetings and events and individuals / families cancelling holidays and trips. Meanwhile, government is slavishly sticking to the same line and resultingly, so too are many business and people. 

Absolute madness.  Some nonsense from talking heads on TV about the risk of people rebelling against a lockdown and how strong measures now could be counter productive. Most people I know are ready for action now to avert the kind of disaster that is playing out in Italy.

Until government give the kind of leadership that is required, we are going to be sitting in limbo with some people being highly responsible and others being highly irresponsible and people like yourself stuck in a quandry between going on holiday and cancelling and the government advice letting the travel insurer off the hook. 

>:(
Being told today that even if the government come out and warn against travel to certain areas you still can't be refunded. They have to ban all travel to whatever country you are heading to. Travel companies make you feel like a dipstick when you try to talk to them - nothing to worry about! Even to rearrange the park/hotel package and lose the flights you have to pick dates now when you've no idea what's ahead of us and you lose your ATOL cover because it's no longer a package. Pricks.

The principle of my child's school is in negotiation with the travel company after school ski trip on Saturday cancelled, bunch of greedy whores, hopefully this whole sorry episode changes the landscape for these companies, they have 50K from this school for a trip that can't happen and they are in negotiations about any possible refund!

Your understanding of business and basic economics is truly shocking. That company will most likely have paid hotels, flights, transfers. They'll have wages to pay. What do you want them to do? Not pay wages? Put local people out of jobs? Please give me your solution?

We paid for insurance, has the travel company no insurance?

By the way when you book a hotel do you pay the full amount before you arrive?

AFM

Quote from: Solo_run on March 12, 2020, 11:40:50 AM
Quote from: AFM on March 12, 2020, 11:34:40 AM
Quote from: Itchy on March 12, 2020, 11:32:30 AM
Quote from: Ambrose on March 12, 2020, 10:56:42 AM
An Taoiseach is due to make an announcement on RTÉ 1 at 11am

Where is your source for this? I am at work but have not heard or read anything on mainstream media.

Just announced on RTE by Leo.

Ffs about time. That would have an effect on GAA

Gatherings over 500 cancelled outdoors so yes!

BennyCake

Quote from: AFM on March 12, 2020, 11:43:25 AM

Where is your source for this? I am at work but have not heard or read anything on mainstream media.

Does this apply to the north? Could games in the wee six still go ahead? Surely not.

Ambrose

Quote from: BennyCake on March 12, 2020, 11:49:41 AM
Does this apply to the north? Could games in the wee six still go ahead? Surely not.

Won't apply to Antrim or Derry, they never get crowds that big.
You can't live off history and tradition forever

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: trailer on March 12, 2020, 11:26:59 AM
Your understanding of business and basic economics is truly shocking. That company will most likely have paid hotels, flights, transfers. They'll have wages to pay. What do you want them to do? Not pay wages? Put local people out of jobs? Please give me your solution?

Whats your conglomerate's invoice period there trailer?
i usse an speelchekor

rodney trotter

All Sporting events to stop until March 29th at the minimum.

macdanger2

Quote from: Rudi on March 12, 2020, 11:27:06 AM
The fella who invented the hand sanitizer

Is fairly rubbing his hands now.

I enjoyed it  ;D

JoG2

Quote from: AFM on March 12, 2020, 11:43:25 AM

the wording atm is 'should be cancelled'

RedHand88

Quote from: Ambrose on March 12, 2020, 11:51:46 AM

Won't apply to Antrim or Derry, they never get crowds that big.

;D

BennyCake

Real Madrid in quarantine. La Liga postponed for 2 weeks. CL surely to be cancelled now.

PL will follow I'd say.

Ambrose

UEFA are reviewing whether to suspend the Champions League and Europa League due to the coronavirus.
You can't live off history and tradition forever

BennyCake

Steve Martin and Big Marty Short cancelling Belfast show.

They'll hardly get to Crossmaglen either now.

AFM

Quote from: BennyCake on March 12, 2020, 12:07:07 PM
Real Madrid in quarantine. La Liga postponed for 2 weeks. CL surely to be cancelled now.

PL will follow I'd say.

Does Liverpool keep Cup for another year.  ;D

laoislad

PL will follow I'd say.
Postponed rather than cancelled surely.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: AFM on March 12, 2020, 12:17:23 PM

PL will follow I'd say.

Does Liverpool keep Cup for another year.  ;D

Yep, but Man City keep the league  ;D ;D
i usse an speelchekor