Who would want to be Laois manager?

Started by beano, June 24, 2015, 12:38:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gmac

Quote from: Tony on September 23, 2015, 01:29:26 PM
Just heard its actually a mr. s staunton...as in steve. time for the county board to come out with it...who could it be. My source maintains that Sheedy was going to take job with the expectation that Fitz was not going to stay on for another year.
Time to shut the laptop down now  tony fireman Sam is coming on tv

Tony

Says the man who said .... "I like Mike sheehy but if you are going in that direction why not go for jack o Connor should be done with Kerry minors after Sunday and maybe would like to prove himself outside of Kerry"
ahahahahahahah More chance of Jim Gavin taking over - jack o connor taking over laois! ahahahahahahahaha

Tony

Lads, real news this time, manager will be named before Christmas, 2016.  :)

Unlaoised

I here it's mick Lillis to be named tonight
LAOIS ABÚ

BallyroanAbu

Mick Lillis got the job really don't know is it a step backwards or forwards.  I like its a laoisman but get the feeling Lillis is getting this job about 5 years too late.  best of luck to him

Unison

After months of deliberation, this is what they come up with? Terrible decision!

redsetanta

Is Lilis even involved in management at the moment?

It's a laugh really that they bring in a selection committee to find a suitable candidate and then go with the local man who wasn't top of their list prior to said selection group being put together.

Who knows, maybe he will do a Cheddar on it!
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Uisce

Pretty sure he is over Palatine in Carlow who are in a county final. Surprised he got it to be honest, but he did so we may just move on, support him and hope he can do a job with them. I'm sure he was at some of the championship games this year so at least he will have seen players.

The Melancholy Sloth

While he obviously isn't the most high profile candidate I think if we take a step back and look at his record at club level I think we have got a decent manager on our hands. He has won county titles with Palatine (first in 50 odd years), St Laurences (first title ever) and a few with Portlaoise at different times at different levels. He is a football man through and through and I think its been long overdue that a Portlaoise man get a crack at the job. Hopefully he will be able to bring in a strong backroom team and all the players buy into his vision.

Tony

Quote from: The Melancholy Sloth on September 29, 2015, 10:45:31 AM
While he obviously isn't the most high profile candidate I think if we take a step back and look at his record at club level I think we have got a decent manager on our hands. He has won county titles with Palatine (first in 50 odd years), St Laurences (first title ever) and a few with Portlaoise at different times at different levels. He is a football man through and through and I think its been long overdue that a Portlaoise man get a crack at the job. Hopefully he will be able to bring in a strong backroom team and all the players buy into his vision.
Good point. Hopefully he can get the likes of Cahilane on board (as I heard Paul wasn't on board purely because of TOF), who is playing outstanding in the championship. Maybe rogers and a couple of others as well. Background team is very important, if he has a good trainer and selectors, it's about as important as the manager himself. He has a decent record, I just wonder about his tactical prowess?

BallyroanAbu

I have a feeling this won't end well.  I am sure Lillis is enthusiastic with plenty of ideas.  But he certainly has no money to boost his back room.  Player commitment is doubtful as is talent available.  He has inherited a sinking ship and will prob get the blame when it hits the ocean floor.

Tony

Maybe he can get Healy back too - is he really liked in Portlaoise?

From the Terrace

I think this is a positive move as he was over the minors last year, This surely is the first step in the football setup in county being overhauled. I think is more important we get our underage setup back up and running properly plenty of talent in our county to work with. On the senior team mick will have them fit and in there correct positions as opposed to last year imo.

maccer

Best wishes to Mick. He will be 100% committed and will expect the same from everyone involved in Laois football. He can be abrasive and won't take a step back from anyone or anything but he is a winner. I think i remember wooly refusing to play for the Town years back unless they got rid of Mick (which is probably a commendation for Mick). Nowadays the support team is every bit as important as the main man. Hopefully he'll get good people in (not necessarily the dearest).

Catch and Kick

Quote from: maccer on September 29, 2015, 01:32:11 PM
Best wishes to Mick. He will be 100% committed and will expect the same from everyone involved in Laois football. He can be abrasive and won't take a step back from anyone or anything but he is a winner. I think i remember wooly refusing to play for the Town years back unless they got rid of Mick (which is probably a commendation for Mick). Nowadays the support team is every bit as important as the main man. Hopefully he'll get good people in (not necessarily the dearest).

Definitely a feather in his cap that Wooly won't approve!!