Arsonists attack GAA club in Charlemont, Co Armagh

Started by red hander, January 12, 2008, 10:38:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

red hander

'Arsonists today attacked a GAA club in Armagh.
Smoke damage was caused after flammable liquid was poured into College Lands
GAA club, Charlemont, shortly before 8am and set alight.'

orangeman

My post yesterday suggested a huge coincidence that all these attacks were in and around Portadown - same again this morning !

inisceithleann

There's always idiots who'll do this sort of rubbish. Maguiresbridge GFC was targeted a few weeks ago as well. The people who do this sort of thing are scumbags as are those who torch Orange Halls. They're no use to any community.
Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: inisceithleann on January 12, 2008, 01:32:11 PM
There's always idiots who'll do this sort of rubbish. Maguiresbridge GFC was targeted a few weeks ago as well. The people who do this sort of thing are scumbags as are those who torch Orange Halls. They're no use to any community.

I agree wholeheartedly
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

EC Unique

GAA club attacks have been on the increase this last while because Orange hall attacks have been increased. If anyone is to blame for this it is the idiots that cause un-rest by torching orange halls in the first place. >:(

tayto

Sadly this was predictable given the rise in attacks on orange halls. Like the lads have said, idiots, all of them.

Denn Forever

Should GAA clubs in the vicinity of torched Orange Halls offer some help?  Would it help?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Denn Forever on January 12, 2008, 05:36:05 PM
Should GAA clubs in the vicinity of torched Orange Halls offer some help?  Would it help?

Help the orange order?  Are you taking the piss, it was when an orange order spokesman went on the news talking about the GAA that this started!
Anyway, what sort of help are you talking about?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Orior

Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 12, 2008, 06:22:47 PM

Help the orange order?  Are you taking the piss, it was when an orange order spokesman went on the news talking about the GAA that this started!
Anyway, what sort of help are you talking about?

They could say a Mass for them.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

bennydorano

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Sorry, but NO, the fact that people here are linking the GAA to the KKOrange OrderK is the real worry, these idiots should be put on an island in Loch Erne and given big knifes and told to go at each other!

Why are the GAA clubs being attacked because OO Halls are being torched, because OO officials, politicans, reporters etc link these events to the GAA. FFS the direct comparison from the OO to the Nationalist population would be the AOH! (and the AOH don't deserve any attacks either)!
Tbc....

orangeman

We've ploughed this ground before - this has been going on a long time !

J70

Each is seen as one of the primary expressions of the respective identities in the north, that's why the GAA facilities are being attacked. How many AOH groups or lodges are there in the north? They're hardly the equivalent of the OO in terms of membership levels, are they?

Ignorant neanderthals, the lot of them on both sides who are doing this shite. When are they going to put this sectarian bullshit behind them?

orangeman

J70 - Sadly it's been going on too long - they're not happy in spite of Ian and Martin chuckling all over the world.

I thought the Collegland chairman spoke very well.