Maigh Eo v Ciarrai, Caislean an Bharraigh, 1900, 03-Fea-2018

Started by macdanger2, February 01, 2018, 03:37:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christmas Lights

Shamrock Shore

From the Bunker

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on February 03, 2018, 07:28:31 PM
But of an auld niggle in the game.

Ah, the Kerry boys have been told of the shame it is to lose to Mayo for the last 5 months and are getting it outta their system!

From the Bunker

Well, Kerry really up for it tonight. Lived on the edge cynical wise, rode their luck with tackles and nabbed the Points. Well worth their win all the same. Mayo should have brought Cillian on earlier to referee the game. Up until his introduction The Referee was unsure what to do, but Cillian coached him when entered the Frey! Anyway, a lot of disgruntled Mayo fans leaving. It's only February for fecks sake. Pity Douglas was taken of the Pitch when there was quite a few free on offer entering the last quarter - Most of which were missed!

More later.

dublin7

Quote from: From the Bunker on February 03, 2018, 10:00:57 PM
Well, Kerry really up for it tonight. Lived on the edge cynical wise, rode their luck with tackles and nabbed the Points. Well worth their win all the same. Mayo should have brought Cillian on earlier to referee the game. Up until his introduction The Referee was unsure what to do, but Cillian coached him when entered the Frey! Anyway, a lot of disgruntled Mayo fans leaving. It's only February for fecks sake. Pity Douglas was taken of the Pitch when there was quite a few free on offer entering the last quarter - Most of which were missed!

More later.
Watching on the tv I thought that ref rode Kerry and gave them nothing. If Mayo are looking for the missing "x Factor" to win an All Ireland thet should plead with Croke Park to have him as the ref for all there games going forward.

With 15 min left Mayo were 3 points down and playing against 13 men. They lost by 3 points.

Mayo had no leadership on the field (especially in the forwards) and looked clueless how to use the 2 extra men!!!

The ease with how the Kerry forwards were able to kick points compared to their Mayo counterparts was exactly why they have never won an All Ireland.

Big win for Kerry tonight.  Their youngsters have made an immediate impression and they look like they could be dangerous come the summer

From the Bunker

Quote from: dublin7 on February 03, 2018, 10:28:05 PM

More later.
Watching on the tv I thought that ref rode Kerry and gave them nothing. If Mayo are looking for the missing "x Factor" to win an All Ireland thet should plead with Croke Park to have him as the ref for all there games going forward.

With 15 min left Mayo were 3 points down and playing against 13 men. They lost by 3 points.

Mayo had no leadership on the field (especially in the forwards) and looked clueless how to use the 2 extra men!!!

The ease with how the Kerry forwards were able to kick points compared to their Mayo counterparts was exactly why they have never won an All Ireland.

Big win for Kerry tonight.  Their youngsters have made an immediate impression and they look like they could be dangerous come the summer

Can't disagree with most of that, Bar the referee analysis. The off the Ball stuff (which is missed by the Telly) by Kerry was top notch cynical. To clever for a referee to deal with. But Mayo should be streetwise (to use a Kerry label) to be able to handle such a situation. Anyway Kerry have their revenge (?) and they are welcome to it .

Farrandeelin

Terribly disheartening loss. I hope the clamour for Douglas to start is over after that. Too light, pushed around easily and second to the ball all the time. I did ask earlier if the r3placrment for Boyle would be good enough. The shuffling the deck at the back suggested not and Barry Moran (who started in midfield for Nally to go to centre back) was poor. Gibbons seemed to offer nothing either. As dublin7 said the forwards were clueless. A lot of terrible ball kicked straight to Kerry men who were able to show us how to play the game. Caff was taken to the cleaners. Heard he was injured so maybe that's why he was taken off so early. As Bunker says it's only Feb but Galway up next sure won't be easy. Still can't crack how to beat teams finishing with one or two men sent off is worrying.

I won't start about the ref only he was out of his depth at this level.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

straightred

Quote from: dublin7 on February 03, 2018, 10:28:05 PM

More later.

I thought the ref shafted Kerry too. The last black that they got was a clear foul by AOS (who by then was very close to a 2nd yellow). Bringing Cillian O connor on didn't work - he missed at least 2 easy chances.

Kerry were good and when they get the defence sorted out they'll be better

macdanger2

Well deserved win for kerry. We could have stayed another hour and struggled to get level. That said, if we hit those easy frees we could have snatched an undeserved draw. Considering they missed a penalty, we could easily have been embarrassed.

I thought we tired very early, we had nobody willing/able to punch holes in the blanket for the last 15 mins, even Boyle when he came on didn't make his trademark bursts through.

AOS, Durcan, DOC & Doc were best for us i thought although aido tired early in the second half.

It looked like we were trying to play zonal on their kickouts at times, didn't always work but seems like an interesting tactic

whitey

Quote from: joemamas on February 03, 2018, 05:33:05 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on February 03, 2018, 09:27:47 AM
I reckon it's shit or bust for Coen to nail down the number 6 position. Sean O'Shea had a good game last week by all accounts and may cause trouble again this time. If Boyle doesn't Start will the replacement be as good? Getting worried now thinking about it.

Not questioning his effort or commitment, but just feel that Coen does not has what it takes to be an intercounty footballer for a top team.
Last year, it seemed that Rochford had pre-determined that he would come on as a sub no matter what the situation.

Didnt he hold Connolly scoreless after Lee Keegan got black carded in 2016?

Christmas Lights

Aiden O'Shea is a f**king enigma. Absolutely non existent second half

macdanger2

Quote from: whitey on February 03, 2018, 11:37:08 PM
I reckon it's shit or bust for Coen to nail down the number 6 position. Sean O'Shea had a good game last week by all accounts and may cause trouble again this time. If Boyle doesn't Start will the replacement be as good? Getting worried now thinking about it.

Not questioning his effort or commitment, but just feel that Coen does not has what it takes to be an intercounty footballer for a top team.
Last year, it seemed that Rochford had pre-determined that he would come on as a sub no matter what the situation.

Yes.

I think he's a CHB or nothing (well, maybe a FB if you're stuck) and I think he'll nail down that position this year. Should be instructed never tí shoot though!!

MayoBuck

Quote from: macdanger2 on February 04, 2018, 12:07:16 AM
Quote from: whitey on February 03, 2018, 11:37:08 PM

Yes.

I think he's a CHB or nothing (well, maybe a FB if you're stuck) and I think he'll nail down that position this year. Should be instructed never tí shoot though!!

He struggled badly tonight at CHB marking Sean O'Shea. Durcan moved onto him midway through the first half and the difference was instant. O'Shea was quiet after that.

highorlow

Same old story year in year out, a lamb hasn't been born yet but Mayo are shit.

My first and last post til June.

Bye the Bye
Johnny Sextons Animal Blood won the day today for me, God bless that man!

They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

macdanger2

Quote from: highorlow on February 04, 2018, 12:17:17 AM
Same old story year in year out, a lamb hasn't been born yet but Mayo are shit.

My first and last post til June.

Bye the Bye
Johnny Sextons Animal Blood won the day today for me, God bless that man!

Would you ever f*ck off, you'll be posting like mad here in the first two weeks of May if not before then  ;)